From the "Holy CRAP, grow some thicker skin

stevestojan

Noble concept, but pleeeaase. We spend so much time trying to insulate kids from everything bad, but do not prepare them for when they get out in the real world where things are not so controlled. Purple pens instead of red, because red could hurt the child's feelings. Eliminating spelling tests in some schools because there are only right and wrong answers, and it could hurt the kid's feelings to be told that their answer was <gasp> wrong.

Teaching kids to be better people is fine, but I am not going to pay for the therapy bills when they enter the real world and things do not go the way they want and they do not know how to handle it.

Why do you have to be sooo gay and post something like this.

218064[/snapback]

Now, if one kid is being picked on repeatedly or being harrassed, that's one thing. But one week of no name calling? So what, on Monday the kids better watch out!

oh, and sfladave1, you're gay...

:)

Now, if one kid is being picked on repeatedly or being harrassed, that's one thing. But one week of no name calling? So what, on Monday the kids better watch out!

oh, and sfladave1, you're gay...

:)

218066[/snapback]

No I'm not, you are! :)

Leave it to a chink to write a poem about no name calling week.

That's a joke for those of you that are hyper-sensitive.

218054[/snapback]

That was totally uncalled for. I didn't see anywhere in the article where it states if she is a chink, a gook, a slope, a nip, or other ornamental.

In the future if this country comes under attack and we have to defend our shores, we are in big trouble if its left up to the current generation thats in school to do the job. Guys it just aint gonna happen. Bunch of little pussies cant handle a little verbal abuse now no way they can handle stuff when the **** hits the fan.

In the future if this country comes under attack and we have to defend our shores, we are in big trouble if its left up to the current generation thats in school to do the job. Guys it just aint gonna happen. Bunch of little pussies cant handle a little verbal abuse now no way they can handle stuff when the **** hits  the fan.

218529[/snapback]

You should see basic training now. Pathetic.

In the future if this country comes under attack and we have to defend our shores, we are in big trouble if its left up to the current generation thats in school to do the job. Guys it just aint gonna happen. Bunch of little pussies cant handle a little verbal abuse now no way they can handle stuff when the **** hits  the fan.

218529[/snapback]

Sadly they/we have no control over the excessive coddling you/they (depending on your age) are allowing to stand. The kids don't make the rules....

You should see basic training now.  Pathetic.

218557[/snapback]

Can't wait to see this generation go through weapons' qualification on the range..."But sarge, I know I didn't even hit the target...but it's not about 'right' or 'wrong', it's about doing my best, isn't it? Don't yell at me...now I'm overstressed and need a time-out...I'm going to go talk to my ACLU Military Rep about your attitude..."