Good Mom or Bad Mom?

boyst

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is she a good parent/mother?

• Yes
    • No
    • MRags should stay.

http://myfox8.com/20...me-from-school/

Violet Burkhart says she dressed up on the last day of her senior year at Central Davidson High School because she wanted the day to be special

With two hours left in the day, Burkhart says teachers pulled her aside and measured her dress in the middle of the hallway. Teachers told her that her dress was half an inch too short, then called her mother and said she had to go home and change

Since the last day of school didn’t live up to expectations, Redwine is making her daughter’s graduation extra special by wearing the dress that got her in trouble.

Edited by jboyst62

I agree with the mom.

But I am growing to hate the overuse of the word, "literally." She said, "I literally looked back at the clock ..."

Is there another way to look at a clock? Can one figuratively look at a clock and tell the time? I literally hear people misusing that word a lot lately.

I agree with the mom.

But I am growing to hate the overuse of the word, "literally." She said, "I literally looked back at the clock ..."

Is there another way to look at a clock? Can one figuratively look at a clock and tell the time? I literally hear people misusing that word a lot lately.

every time I hear or read the word "literally" I think of BBT when Sheldon says to Zach "literally", "literally" 1 million years?

I agree with the mom.

I figuratively read your post.

And by "figuratively," I mean "literally, but I don't really care what you have to say."

I figuratively read your post.

And by "figuratively," I mean "literally, but I don't really care what you have to say."

I figuratively think you're awesome. And I literally mean that.

I agree with the mom.

That **** makes me want to eat my own brain (almost as much as the guys who refer to Sammy Watkins as "Sammy" as if he's their !@#$ing neighbor or something, but I digress). This retardation was just endorsed by Netflix on "Orange is the New Black" where an idiot explained that the "colloquial" use of "literally" won out, and justifies it by saying languages evolve.

If I'd been given the opportunity to write the other character she'd have told that stupid !@#$ that there is no colloquial use of "literally"; just dumb mother !@#$ers who don't know what the damn word means and continually misuse it to the point where there is no longer a word that enables you to clarify that you aren't speaking figuratively. !@#$ing !@#$!

That **** makes me want to eat my own brain (almost as much as the guys who refer to Sammy Watkins as "Sammy" as if he's their !@#$ing neighbor or something, but I digress). This retardation was just endorsed by Netflix on "Orange is the New Black" where an idiot explained that the "colloquial" use of "literally" won out, and justifies it by saying languages evolve.

If I'd been given the opportunity to write the other character she'd have told that stupid !@#$ that there is no colloquial use of "literally"; just dumb mother !@#$ers who don't know what the damn word means and continually misuse it to the point where there is no longer a word that enables you to clarify that you aren't speaking figuratively. !@#$ing !@#$!

Yes, my brother. Yes.

you literally need to calm down and relax. Get your figurative panties out of a literal wad. :P

I agree and disagree. I've completely given up "irony/ironic" to the evolution of language. Literally so many poeple use it incorrectly, those that do are in the minority and people don't understand what I'm talking about when I say it. So banging my head against the wall about it is pointless.

Literally is different though, and I really don't think it has anything to do with people not knowing what it means. It's just a word that has jumped into everyday language for no reason; similar to "like" (..I was like, what?).

As for the original topic, I think the school is ridiculous for enforcing this rule over 1/2" with a couple of hours left in the day. I also never understand why this stuff makes the news.

And a big yes to the reporter.

Edited by Acantha