Sabres draft?

bbb

No one really knows what the potential changes are as of right now so let's not rush to the cliff quite yet. It's just a likely that our Islander's pick next season can have a better chance of being higher with these changes (as well as the Blues if they can't get into the playoffs in a very, very tough western conference but they probably still will). Who knows, maybe the Islanders pick will turn into McDavid because of this change. Just never know.

Why is it that we don't know what the potential changes are?

So a defenseman goes first to Florida, did the Panthers screw up? BFLO gets their man. ??

I believe Ekblad was pretty widely considered the most "NHL ready" prospect in the lot. Florida picked the player they had to pick IMO. After Eckblad, there were 2 or 3 forwards that could have gone at #2.

When Murray was asked how he chose between the 2 Sams, he said that they had Reinhart as the top player on their board. They got their guy, and I think it was the right pick.

I believe Ekblad was pretty widely considered the most "NHL ready" prospect in the lot. Florida picked the player they had to pick IMO. After Eckblad, there were 2 or 3 forwards that could have gone at #2.

When Murray was asked how he chose between the 2 Sams, he said that they had Reinhart as the top player on their board. They got their guy, and I think it was the right pick.

IMO, no defensemean is really "NHL ready." We will see.

Also, the Sabres got the right guy.

IMO, no defensemean is really "NHL ready." We will see.

Also, the Sabres got the right guy.

As an armchair GM, I would only take a defenseman that early if they were clearly the next Chris Pronger. I don't think he is that polished, but he is very talented. He will likely be a 1/2 defenseman in the NHL during his rookie season.

The more I hear about Reinhart, the more I like him. He is truly the whole package. Word is Vancouver was trying really hard to trade up to #1 to get Reinhart. If they did, I have been told that Murray wanted to trade down. He will be fun to watch.

What do people think of the Lemieux pick in round 2?

Great bloodlines. And the kid has a chip because he dropped out of the first round. Produce in the postseason like daddy did and he'll be a fan favorite.

What do people think of the Lemieux pick in round 2?

At best, he could be our Milan Lucic. Not all that skilled, but a feisty sonnomabitch. Not afraid to drop the gloves for his team, and very adept at getting under opposing players' skin. I am warming up to the pick, but was hoping for the Russian, Ivan Barbashev.