Bills' Final Sale Price contest

I think the winning bid will be Pegula at 1.35 Billion. I do think that Bon Jovi's group will bid 1.5, but knowing that they are a Toronto group Mary Wilson stays with the local guy and gives it to Pegula.

i'm sure its been asked and answered elsewhere, but a couple people now have implied that the trust will give a "hometown" discount to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Is this even allowed? Doesn't the trust have to give it to the highest bidder, regardless of their intentions to relocate the team?

also, people have listed multiple bids, along with the winner. i somehow doubt we will ever know everyone that submitted a bid, much less the amount....this isn't a public auction. in fact, we probably won't know that many details on the winning bid.

that said, i'm going with the Jacobs family. $1.12B. Although, I'm rooting for Pegula.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure its been asked and answered elsewhere, but a couple people now have implied that the trust will give a "hometown" discount to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Is this even allowed? Doesn't the trust have to give it to the highest bidder, regardless of their intentions to relocate the team?

also, people have listed multiple bids, along with the winner. i somehow doubt we will ever know everyone that submitted a bid, much less the amount....this isn't a public auction. in fact, we probably won't know that many details on the winning bid.

that said, i'm going with the Jacobs family. $1.12B. Although, I'm rooting for Pegula.

I read it somewhere that said the trustee is not required to take the highest offer. It is in the will.

I think $1.35B is the right price. I am assuming it is an open auction, not a blind auction. I think over a billion is too rich for Trump. If BJ's group want to pay $1.7B, plus the penalty and the construction of the new stadium in Toronto, the final cost will be way over $2B. Unless they don't care about making money, this will not be a good business deal.

I read it somewhere that said the trustee is not required to take the highest offer. It is in the will.

I think $1.35B is the right price. I am assuming it is an open auction, not a blind auction. I think over a billion is too rich for Trump. If BJ's group want to pay $1.7B, plus the penalty and the construction of the new stadium in Toronto, the final cost will be way over $2B. Unless they don't care about making money, this will not be a good business deal.

As far as has been made public knowledge, we don't really know if that's true or not. The terms of the trust are still confidential as far as we know.

With regard to behind the scenes info, all I've heard is that a winning bid needs to meet with the approval of 3 out of 4 trust members. There's been a fair amount of speculation regarding what criteria may or may not be used to disapprove a bid, but nothing concrete. If, for example, a trust executor has the ability to reject a bid based on likelihood of relocation, then it's a slam dunk that the team stays. If, however, the terms of the trust stipulate only fiduciary responsibility, well, then it's hardly such a given.

As far as has been made public knowledge, we don't really know if that's true or not. The terms of the trust are still confidential as far as we know.

With regard to behind the scenes info, all I've heard is that a winning bid needs to meet with the approval of 3 out of 4 trust members. There's been a fair amount of speculation regarding what criteria may or may not be used to disapprove a bid, but nothing concrete. If, for example, a trust executor has the ability to reject a bid based on likelihood of relocation, then it's a slam dunk that the team stays. If, however, the terms of the trust stipulate only fiduciary responsibility, well, then it's hardly such a given.

The unknown is what haunts me regarding the sale process and the trustee's obligations --- when I heard the two Mary's were on the 4-member trust, I thought it was a done deal that they would sell to a buyer who wanted to keep team in Buffalo --- as more time passed, I'm puzzled that theory wasn't validated with any factual knowledge of the trust itself. The fact that NDA's were sent to Toronto based groups suggest there is no local obligation and that it might simply be an open bid, if that's the case I have fear that the Toronto groups will come high and hard with a substantial offer. If Tannebaum can't do it, Rogers can. It would be a sad ending to Ralph's legacy if his wife sells team to a group that moves it, but, it's possible. I still hope the Mary's have Buffalo in their hearts and take the highest bid from amongst the groups wanting to keep it hear. I can't imagine the backlash if it's announced they sold it to Rogers. It would get ugly very quickly.

The unknown is what haunts me regarding the sale process and the trustee's obligations --- when I heard the two Mary's were on the 4-member trust, I thought it was a done deal that they would sell to a buyer who wanted to keep team in Buffalo --- as more time passed, I'm puzzled that theory wasn't validated with any factual knowledge of the trust itself. The fact that NDA's were sent to Toronto based groups suggest there is no local obligation and that it might simply be an open bid, if that's the case I have fear that the Toronto groups will come high and hard with a substantial offer. If Tannebaum can't do it, Rogers can. It would be a sad ending to Ralph's legacy if his wife sells team to a group that moves it, but, it's possible. I still hope the Mary's have Buffalo in their hearts and take the highest bid from amongst the groups wanting to keep it hear. I can't imagine the backlash if it's announced they sold it to Rogers. It would get ugly very quickly.

It would get ugly quick but I would assume that anyone with the right amount of money would have been contacted that has show interest/intent. Whether the portfolio follows their intentions or not is another question. Rogers could through "stupid money" but the trustees are Ralph's widow, Ralph's niece, Ralph's confidant and Ralph's lawyer. I get the feeling that at least 2 out of 4 are going to be committed to him and his legacy. Littman is a toss up and we all know how lawyers are ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

Edited by The Wiz

This is the Buffalo Bills were are talking about. I'm thinking around 1.2 should be enough. I don't see anyone up north bidding more then 1.2.

IMO the bid will reflect Bills moving to a new location, either Niagara Falls or an entirely different area, that's why I'm going with $1.75B.

1.375b. With El Pegual spending the remaining 400m or so from his 1.75b land sale on a new stadium with a private consortium to include Delaware North (with some contribution, but not much, by the State, which won't matter much to El Magnifico).

Edited by cgang

my secret invisible friend told me it's possilbe that the Bills will be sold for 1,255,455,999.

I don't care who, as long as they stay the Buffalo Bills.

Edited by Drewgetz

The Clipper "experts" were saying $1-$1.2 billion .... the highest bidder (typically an outlier) will determine it

I led that charge and still think it's true. No way the sale price is under 1 billion. Zero.

Put my bet down for 1.54B. No idea who wins it but hoping for T to the P.

The Clipper "experts" were saying $1-$1.2 billion .... the highest bidder (typically an outlier) will determine it

Once the groups started forming (Oprah, Geffen, Magic, Ballmer, etc...) the projections started to rise. $1.6B was the 2nd highest bid which wasn't far off the projection as the sale got close. I think that $1.5B for the Bills would be similar to the $2B for the Clips. If someone is going to throw out a ludicrous number that dwarfs the others I believe that it will be a group that hasn't surfaced publicly. I don't think that it is likely that the numbers get too crazy but I think that it is very possible (20% chance) that the team is sold to someone that has not made their interest known.