What happens to NFL prospects who don't make an NFL roster

I have run into all sorts of ex-players from all sorts of teams. Some in real estate, some in banking, some in other businesses to numerous to mention. Being an-ex professional athlete is no guarantee of future success but all seem to be doing well. If I recognize them I will acknowledge them and let them know I enjoyed watching them play. All have been gracious and for all of them you still see a twinkle in their eye in discussing their past. My most memorable was running into Willie O'Ree of NHL fame at a local restaurant and Joe Namath and Lance Allworth at a local grocery store.

Since I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time I have to admit to being a little star struck. I have always looked up to the guys who make it into the pros regardless of sport, regardless of how long they have played. It takes a lot of determination, dedication and ability to compete at that level. I respect that.

He definitely looked like he's still in real good shape and just waiting and hoping for the phone to ring. though admittedly he didn't look like a DT, more like a LB or a TE.

Sounds like a temp job while hoping for another shot at the league. I'm sure lots of guys do that. didn't the old school guys work second jobs during NFL offseasons because the pay sucked?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch