World Cup Thread

John Oliver did a segment on FIFA last night, it was hilarious and figured it belongs here: NSFW due to language.

The 2022 Qatar world cup should not happen. It's disgusting.

But Fifa and Formula 1 will go anywhere in the world as long as it can. And yet these are the two biggest sports followed by Europeans.

I thought they were the enlightened ones?

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? I can see maybe how he's overhyped, but he legitimately has crazy skills. He will be a golden boot contender.

He was supposed to tear up la liga with Messi. In reality, they didn't win the liga or the champions league. That for Barcelona is a disaster.

He was supposed to tear up la liga with Messi. In reality, they didn't win the liga or the champions league. That for Barcelona is a disaster.

Yeah, I cannot believe that Spain had both CL final teams and neither was Barcelona. I didn't watch an yla liga this year. I can only judge Neimar from the few times I've seen him play with the Brazil NT. My impressions up to this point are:

speed - CHECK

first touch - CHECK

finishing instinct - CHECK

cocky striker egomaniacal diva attitude - CHECK

He also seems like a huge douche-hole, but I don't think that will prevent him from scoring a bunch of goals in the WC.

I love that we're facing Germany and Portugal in the Group stage. I enjoy seeing how we perform against the best teams in the world more than whether or not we advance from the group stage. However, with Germany (my other rooting interest as my ancestral/heritage team) being in our group, it does make it difficult to watch two full games on Group G match days.

Yeah, I cannot believe that Spain had both CL final teams and neither was Barcelona. I didn't watch an yla liga this year. I can only judge Neimar from the few times I've seen him play with the Brazil NT. My impressions up to this point are:

speed - CHECK

first touch - CHECK

finishing instinct - CHECK

cocky striker egomaniacal diva attitude - CHECK

He also seems like a huge douche-hole, but I don't think that will prevent him from scoring a bunch of goals in the WC.

Neymar is the savior here in Brazil. He is loved by everybody He is not a douche-hole. He takes pictures with many fans and more often then not, he takes the picture for them.

His only downfall is size. If they put a big defender on him, he struggles. Therefore, the rest of the team needs to step up as all attention will be on Neymar.

Dont be surprised to see Brazil win this tournament. If they get bounced early, the riots will be Thurman Thomasin' : ON LIKE A MOFO!

I think it's gonna be awfully difficult to beat Brazil in Brazil..

Having said that, in my view there has never been anyone with the ball skils of Neymar.

If you are a fan of soccer, I promise, you won't regret it.

Once again. !@#$ Neymar. https://www.youtube....h?v=lAR6KqxmGoA

The Brazilians (and Italians) are drama queens but they can play the game.

To borrow from other sports, the Brazilians are like a team of Terrell Owens's and Danny Ainge's. They are annoying as all F%^& but they are really good.

Edited by John Adams

I was listening to some talking heads yesterday and they labelled him as "diver".

Of course he is. Doesn't mean he's not an amazing player and doesn't mean that the highlights from this World Cup won't be dominated by him.

But he's no Messi in terms of what Americans would prefer to see. Messi has the crazy skills and refuses to go down when hit.