[closed]Buccaneer's Owner Passes Away

I wonder what their succession plan is? I don't think they will be in play for sale.

Another article quoted a family statement saying his widow and sons will continue to run the franchise.

Joel has been running the team since 2006. The other brothers each have different roles in the franchise. There is no plan to sell the team. Malcom had a stroke years ago and has been in a wheelchair for a few years.

He hasn't gone to games, or had any other involvement in the team. No active players have even met him. This is juxtaposed to him having close relationships with the older guys like Sapp, Brooks, Barber, etc.

He was a great owner for his first 6 years. The knock on him was he put tons of money and investments into the team until they won the SB in 2002. He then bought Manchester United, the richest franchise in the world of any sport. Afterwards, Tampa fans were mad at the Glazers as they went vastly under the cap, and hired questionable coaches after they fired Gruden.

The knock on Gruden is he was in a pissing contest with Rich McKay, and they fired McKay. McKay was an excellent GM, comparable to Polian. Bruce Allen was weak and a mouthpiece for Gruden. He kept picking up old guys to win now that we're past their prime. He went 11-5, then 5-11 for a few years. When fired, they made bad choices.

Now they are on track with a good GM, and excellent coaching staff.

The reason I know this is I live in Tampa and they are my second favorite team. The Glazers are a good ownership family and now that they have to spend 88% to the cap due to the new CBA, they are trying to win again. I believe they will make the playoffs this year.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.