Time to retire the "terrible" towel

LabattBlue

Hey Steeler fan...Isn't it time to retire that STUPID towel. Stop hanging on to something from 30 years ago hoping it will become "magical" again. This would be like the Bills bringing back the whammie weenie when they make the playoffs.

One other thing to consider Steeler fan...What makes more noise, you waving your towel or clapping your hands. What exactly is terrible about waving a towel in the air.? Does it create some kind of white noise that only the players can hear? :D

Just let it go!

I always thought the towels were the gayest thing

216446[/snapback]

I think I can top that on the "gay meter". I went to the Bills - Patriots game in Foxboro back in '95. It was their first Monday Night game in years. They gave everybody a pom-pom as they walked in and then prompted the fans to wave them as the broadcast began. Nothing like being surrounded by 64,000 drunken Ma**holes waving pom-poms.

And the Bills lost. And it was 2:30 am before I could even get out of the parking lot after the game. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Stomp on damn pizz-clored rag !

Next year the Pitt fans will have nothing to cheer about any way. The Bus will be gone and RottenBurger will be exposed. -- That's just the way I see it this morning.

Tell you what though, as much as I hate them, the towels, in addition to those yellow seats in Heinz stadium, certainly show a lot of yellow when watching on TV.

It was funny watching the place clear out towards the end of the game though.

I wonder how many of those smelly Steeler fans jumped off the bridges and will be washing down my direction within a few days. :D

Hey Steeler fan...Isn't it time to retire that STUPID towel.  Stop hanging on to something from 30 years ago hoping it will become "magical" again.  This would be like the Bills bringing back the whammie weenie when they make the playoffs. 

One other thing to consider Steeler fan...What makes more noise, you waving your towel or clapping your hands.  What exactly  is terrible about waving a towel in the air.?  Does it create some kind of white noise that only the players can hear? :D

Just let it go!

216445[/snapback]

It's an effective visual devise I suppose, but it's still gay as hell and 30 years out of date. Maybe it's just a nostalgic thing. I don't doubt some of those terrible towels doubled as jackrags 30 years ago for the pathetic losers living in their parent's basement's with a Farrah Fawcett poster over their waterbeds. At least that woudl explain why the towels are so terrible.

It's an effective visual devise I suppose, but it's still gay as hell and 30 years out of date. Maybe it's just a nostalgic thing. I don't doubt some of those terrible towels doubled as jackrags 30 years ago for the pathetic losers living in their parent's basement's with a Farrah Fawcett poster over their waterbeds. At least that woudl explain why the towels are so terrible.

216682[/snapback]

Post of the year!!!

:D

216682[/snapback]

:D:lol::lol:

Some clown was up here on business and brought his Terrible Towel to the Farm. He was obnoxious as hell early in the game, even woofing when they were down 10-0. It was funny to watch him slink in his chair and cry into that yellow hanky as the clock wound down. If I were a Steeler fan I'd blame HIM for the loss over any other single factor. He started talking crap during the "Bird game" preshow. Idiot.

And I fuggin' HATE the Patriots.