Hashtag

typical liberal mentality. Thinking words mean anything to these thugs.. What's really sad is that conservatives with a pair laugh at the same degree at stupid liberals as the damn muslim bastards that did he abducting.

Most powerful military in the world and you write hashtag messages to terrorists.

So tough.. LOL

Tim-

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greg:

Your explanation of the situation seems reasonable and if this going viral allows the outside world to do something about it then it's a good idea. Why it took you to the fourth page to explain that to people who may not have been following it as close as you is a wonder.

typical liberal mentality. Thinking words mean anything to these thugs.. What's really sad is that conservatives with a pair laugh at the same degree at stupid liberals as the damn muslim bastards that did he abducting.

Most powerful military in the world and you write hashtag messages to terrorists.

So tough.. LOL

Tim-

Again, the kidnappers are not the intended audience. Thanks for showing up late to a thread and knowing nothing about the subject. It's par for the course for you though...

Greg:

Your explanation of the situation seems reasonable and if this going viral allows the outside world to do something about it then it's a good idea. Why it took you to the fourth page to explain that to people who may not have been following it as close as you is a wonder.

I didn't hide it. I posted several articles that summarized this point on the first page. And, I was merely having fun with the subject and the hilarious photoshops people were doing. I honestly did not expect the point to be missed by so many.

Though once it was clear that the point was missed by so many, it did become fun to see how long it would take for people to actually look past their politics to see the real issue. Some have. Others continue to wear their blinders in this thread -- which isn't surprising.

Greggy –

Again, the kidnappers are not the intended audience. Thanks for showing up late to a thread and knowing nothing about the subject. It's par for the course for you though...

Hehehe.. Ok so I read your huffPo and NYT and NYP links which claim to be raising awareness. The fact that you “buy” that, is not surprising. Liberals will just about buy anything when caught doing something incredibly asinine. Do you, (not rhetorical) really believe the first lady was trying to raise awareness of the issue? I mean, dude, seriously do you believe that narrative?

I had you pegged the first post I saw from you in that other thread to which I am not allowed to post to anymore..

LOL

Tim-

As corny as the hashtag movement, and others before it, have been, the result is increased awareness for issues in areas that are often times ignored. There's always been atrocities happening in Africa, and we tend to largely ignore them here. It's nice to see people taking an interest, which can sometimes lead to political pressure, and our government assisting those in need.

Greggy –

Hehehe.. Ok so I read your huffPo and NYT and NYP links which claim to be raising awareness. The fact that you “buy” that, is not surprising.

I don't have to "buy" it. The fact that Chinese, US and French military forces are now involved in the search is all the evidence you need to prove the protests had an impact. Did they find the girls? No. But that wasn't the goal. The goal was to raise awareness and shame the Nigerian government into doing something about it.

The fact that you think there's more to it than that shows your ignorance.

Liberals will just about buy anything when caught doing something incredibly asinine.

I'm not a liberal.

I had you pegged the first post I saw from you in that other thread to which I am not allowed to post to anymore.

Tim-

Clearly you need to work on your analytical skills then. And it's hilarious you aren't allowed to post there anymore. Only an asshat gets that kind of treatment on the main wall.

Which you most assuredly are.

Edited by GreggyT

Greggy –

Hehehe.. Ok so I read your huffPo and NYT and NYP links which claim to be raising awareness. The fact that you “buy” that, is not surprising. Liberals will just about buy anything when caught doing something incredibly asinine. Do you, (not rhetorical) really believe the first lady was trying to raise awareness of the issue? I mean, dude, seriously do you believe that narrative?

I had you pegged the first post I saw from you in that other thread to which I am not allowed to post to anymore..

LOL

Tim-

what other reason is there for Social Media? It is literally an awareness machine. Why do you think it is so vaulable and so successful?

As corny as the hashtag movement, and others before it, have been, the result is increased awareness for issues in areas that are often times ignored. There's always been atrocities happening in Africa, and we tend to largely ignore them here. It's nice to see people taking an interest, which can sometimes lead to political pressure, and our government assisting those in need.

Again, some of the tweets were coming from the White House. If the White House needs to tweet to raise it's own awareness, that's just silly.

Further, I very much doubt that Goodluck Johnathan is very concerned with the twitter content of US celebrities. Any pressure placed on him over the issue came directly from leaders of other world governments.

The whole theme is just another venue for wanton self promotion for attention starved celebs who desperately need to feel more important than they really are.

You're right. This is the first time in the history of first ladies that one has taken an activist stand on an issue... :lol:

Usually First Ladies take stands on issues. Usually they do more than tweet. Hell, even Michelle Obama usually does more than tweet a picture of herself.

But beyond that...TYTT pointed out that several of those tweets come directly from the White House. And the White House has said themselves that the #BringBackOurGirls social media campaign is an important part of their response (Carney said as much a couple of days ago.) THAT is blisteringly stupid.

yea but who are they hoping would have their awareness radar on? Maybe our own Prez? LOL, Seems the 1st lady is in the know.. Who else that is in any position to actually do anything about it are these hashtaggers hoping to reach? “Yeah hope my followers get this so we can all band together in solidarity” Point is that if the President knows about it, and is in the position to do something about it, I would say great, job well done. Now a call to action, perhaps a new hashtagger campaign #Americanmilitarymightwillsavethosegirlsbecauseweactuallycareabout theirfates-forrealz

Tim-

Again, some of the tweets were coming from the White House. If the White House needs to tweet to raise it's own awareness, that's just silly.

Further, I very much doubt that Goodluck Johnathan is very concerned with the twitter content of US celebrities. Any pressure placed on him over the issue came directly from leaders of other world governments.

The whole theme is just another venue for wanton self promotion for attention starved celebs who desperately need to feel more important than they really are.

Again, that's just not how it happened. The pressure applied by the leaders was because the issue became impossible to ignore. You can't remove the cause and focus only on the effect.

This isn't to say all hashtag activism is worthy -- it isn't -- but to dismiss this one because others are less than sincere is to miss the bigger picture.

Usually First Ladies take stands on issues. Usually they do more than tweet. Hell, even Michelle Obama usually does more than tweet a picture of herself.

But beyond that...TYTT pointed out that several of those tweets come directly from the White House. And the White House has said themselves that the #BringBackOurGirls social media campaign is an important part of their response (Carney said as much a couple of days ago.) THAT is blisteringly stupid.

I'm not sure, but am willing to bet, that this was not the only avenue explored by the White House. If it was, then I completely agree with you.

yea but who are they hoping would have their awareness radar on?

You're dumber than I thought. This question has been answered almost a dozen times already.

Maybe our own Prez?

Wrong. Like everything you've posted so far. Way to show off your dazzling mental abilities, Tim. Maybe try eating less pain chips with your daily lunch. It'll help clear out the cobwebs.

Edited by GreggyT

Greggy –

I don't have to "buy" it. The fact that Chinese, US and French military forces are now involved in the search is all the evidence you need to prove the protests had an impact. Did they find the girls? No. But that wasn't the goal. The goal was to raise awareness and shame the Nigerian government into doing something about it.

The fact that you think there's more to it than that shows your ignorance.

LOL.. Please continue..

I'm not a liberal.

Could have fooled me.. But then again I haven’t even heard of you until I believe yesterday. Let’s take back the liberal tag and just say that you’re a homophile. This much I know.

Clearly you need to work on your analytical skills then. And it's hilarious you aren't allowed to post there anymore. Only an asshat gets that kind of treatment on the main wall.

Which you most assuredly are.

I am new to down here mostly. Is it normally ok to call people asshats? Just asking because if it is, and name calling is permitted, then you and I are going to be best buds.

Tim-

http://theburtonwire.com/2014/05/08/politics/nigeria-first-lady-orders-arrest-of-bring-back-our-girls-protest-leader/

Could have fooled me.. But then again I haven’t even heard of you until I believe yesterday. Let’s take back the liberal tag and just say that you’re a homophile. This much I know.

Blow me. Seriously. And look me in the eyes while you do so.

I am new to down here mostly. Is it normally ok to call people asshats? Just asking because if it is, and name calling is permitted, then you and I are going to be best buds.

Tim-

I'll do more than call you an asshat. I'll verbally and intellectually shred you. You'd be better off leaving this dungeon where there are no holds barred.

ranger-up-hashtag-activism.png

I get it now.

So the whole point is to put pressure on the Nigerian government, not the kidnappers; because Obama doesn't like their government. If hundreds of girls have to be killed or sold in order to give the government a bad name and so that Obama can help communize it, then so be it.

Amiright?

Edited by 4merper4mer

ROTLMAO... Oh boy this is awesome. Seriously is anything goes down here? Can a mod confirm this please? :)

“Intellectually shred me” - OMG I actually spit on my monitor.. Have you ever heard of a bobo? You’re my new Bobo, and believe me that is an honor for you.

Welcome to the show twinkle toes.

Tim-

I get it now.

So the whole point is to put pressure on the Nigerian government, not the kidnappers; because Obama doesn't like their government. If hundreds of girls have to be killed or sold in order to give the government a bad name and so that Obama can help communize it, then so be it.

Amiright?

Spot on!

ROTLMAO... Oh boy this is awesome. Seriously is anything goes down here? Can a mod confirm this please? :)

“Intellectually shred me” - OMG I actually spit on my monitor.. Have you ever heard of a bobo? You’re my new Bobo, and believe me that is an honor for you.

Tim-

Wow. Lots of nothing in this post. Thanks for continuing to waste our bandwidth. If you want to pick a fight with me either do it or go away. For a guy who's so homophobic you sure do have a crush on me. I'm cute too. Strapping some say. You'd love me.

Now, kindly start your own thread or start contributing to this one.

Well I read the TOS and it appears you’re attempting to bait me.. I’m not going to fall into that trap, so hopefully you’ll be moderated and not I. I prefer to keep things civil in all honesty, so have at er. Call me anything you like. I’ll just love you back, but you’re still going to be my bobo and that is going to be a riot. I have to go pick up my kids and have some things to attend to but oh boy I’ll be back to see what my little bobo will say next. LOL

Tim-

Well I read the TOS and it appears you’re attempting to bait me.. I’m not going to fall into that trap, so hopefully you’ll be moderated and not I. I prefer to keep things civil in all honesty, so have at er. Call me anything you like. I’ll just love you back, but you’re still going to be my bobo and that is going to be a riot. I have to go pick up my kids and have some things to attend to but oh boy I’ll be back to see what my little bobo will say next. LOL

Tim-

kitty.

bringbackourgirls.jpg

I'm not sure, but am willing to bet, that this was not the only avenue explored by the White House. If it was, then I completely agree with you.

Considering the White House did EXACTLY nothing for three weeks, I'm not so sure they explored any avenues.

In fact, by their own admissions, they didn't. It was just another terrorist attack (ref. statements by State on 5/5, when they said there was no aid provided outside the established anti-terrorism assistance we've been providing against Boko Haram)...unlike the concurrent Abuja bombings, which they at least condemned (albeit did not twit).

Tim-

I already don't like you.

Someone tell this retard what that means...

Considering the White House did EXACTLY nothing for three weeks, I'm not so sure they explored any avenues.

In fact, by their own admissions, they didn't. It was just another terrorist attack (ref. statements by State on 5/5, when they said there was no aid provided outside the established anti-terrorism assistance we've been providing against Boko Haram)...unlike the concurrent Abuja bombings, which they at least condemned (albeit did not twit).

But what could they do short of unwanted military intervention? I am NOT excusing the White House, that was not the purpose at all of this thread or this topic, but I don't find them jumping on the viral campaign a negative considering the outcome is that the US is now being welcomed into Nigeria to help the cause. Was it the best thing they could do? Absolutely not because as we discussed, #s are a tool not a means to an end. But despite that I'm not willing to jump on them for participating in what is actually a positive movement, certainly not when it appears to be working.