What could they have done in the draft

How did PFF grade Lewan on the criminality scale?

And we would have had to trade up for Evans as well. If we were going to trade up for a receiver, I would choose Watkins over Evans. Whether or not we should have traded up at all is a pointless argument at this time. We will know in a year or two...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your obviously a Sammy fan and you educated regarding his play and future possibilities. I really respect that. And you've really helped me come around a bit.

I am still not going to get all googoo Gaga over him yet. I still need to see him play in pads against NFL corners before I make my analysis of him. All these "love Sammy" posts and threads is actual making me sick. The guys got to prove it first. He's done nothing yet. In previous years it's never been this bad. Ever. This year it's almost making me I'll. I can't imagine the threads that will pop up if Sammy starts fumbling or missing open passes. It'll be the hardcore fans that no matter what happens he's the 2nd coming of Christ, VS the ones that say he'll never be a true #1. But hey, it's not like we haven't had those arguments every single day since Eric Moulds left.

Glad that I could help! I am certainly a fan. He and Mack were my favorite players in the draft. I thought that they were both safe and have upside. Obviously anything can happen when they get on the field but I think that you will end up liking him. This term gets overused but he's a football player. He's fast, physical, competes, blocks and has great hands. We will know for sure in a few months but I feel good about it.

a 4th option was to trade DOWN from #9 and pick up an additional 2nd rounder like last year (kiko).

as an example:

2014 1st round #16 LB CJ Mosley or OL Zach Martin

2014 2nd round #48 RB Carlos Hyde (the bills tried to trade back into round 2 for hyde).

2015 1st round #?? you would still have next years first round pick (QB Brett Hundley UCLA)

The rest available at #9 were as good as anyone available at #20 and no one would have been willing to trade up to draft any of those guys. Staying at #9 would be more of the same and making due with what is given to you. Nothing special.

Cleveland quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains said the Browns actually tried to move up to No. 11 with the Titans and No. 16 with the Cowboys in the draft.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10940453/cleveland-browns-qb-coach-says-johnny-manziel-texted-hurry-draft-me

it's likely Cleveland would have also been interested in moving up to 9th

I must be in the minority as I believe we will look back on this draft as an excellent one like last year. If Watkins turns out to be an AJ Green, everyone will change their tune about the gamble.

These lineman are huge. You have to hope we created a Cowboys type of line from the early 90's. It's funny one pundit mentioned these lineman are all excellent in run protection. So are we going to run the ball even more this year. If these LB's shoe up our run defense, we'll have a boring team, but possibly a winning one.