Cleveland Browns' Draft Picks

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so done with Whaley for not drafting this guy. :censored:

Me too... with that stack of 1's he'd have loved the Canadian Ballet. BTW, this says he was at a party thrown by Mario Williams, among others (Drake of course)- in Houston-

Busted Coverage@bustedcoverage 3h

Browns starting QB John Manziel pounding an Ace of Spades bottle in Houston http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/06/16/manziel-stayed-hydrated-on-ace-of-spades-in-houston/ …

Why can I not at all picture Mario with this crowd.

Me too... with that stack of 1's he'd have loved the Canadian Ballet. BTW, this says he was at a party thrown by Mario Williams, among others (Drake of course)- in Houston-

Busted Coverage@bustedcoverage 3h

Browns starting QB John Manziel pounding an Ace of Spades bottle in Houston http://bustedcoverag...uston/ …

Why can I not at all picture Mario with this crowd.

Not enough deer and pickups?

Way to show dedication to your craft and total commitment to the team! :rolleyes:

@ESPNNFL

"I wanna know that the future of my franchise isn't going to Vegas every time he has 2-3 days off" @M_Brunell8 WATCH: http://es.pn/1gx1Q6K

What about 3 or 4 days?

Besides, how are you supposed to set the league on fire without spending all your money on girls, booze and gambling?

You guys think this is too harsh, or nah? :(

Gregg Doyel@GreggDoyelCBS 2h

I'd love to see Johnny Manziel succeed in the NFL. But he's preparing to fail. Column - http://cbsprt.co/1prvn3C

Too firm in its conclusion but I think you would be foolish to a) not connect the dots the writer did and b) not atleast wonder about whether Johnny can really hold things together.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if Manziel fails in the NFL, it will have nothing to do with his partying. He just gives a lot of people a flashpoint to push an agenda and shout uninformed opinions.

You don't think the fact that his former coach as well as his family have reccomended alcohol counseling and that his family says he drinks to cope miiiiight be worrisome for an nfl qb?

That's not to say it can't be fixed, but it's certainly a strong mark in the "con" side if your doing pros and cons of Johnny football, and trust the commentary coming from those around him (which doesn't sound unreasonable given his long term track record)

Edited by NoSaint

You don't think the fact that his former coach as well as his family have reccomended alcohol counseling and that his family says he drinks to cope miiiiight be worrisome for an nfl qb?

That's not to say it can't be fixed, but it's certainly a strong mark in the "con" side if your doing pros and cons of Johnny football, and trust the commentary coming from those around him (which doesn't sound unreasonable given his long term track record)

I think that you are

- forgetting what it is like to be his age

- missing that the main difference between him and many other players is not their behavior, but the number of cameras pointing his way

- missing that his drinking has not seemed to have had an effect on his play or preparation

- missing that he has seemed to be exercising a lot more responsibility than many others who party (no positive drug tests, drunk driving, etc.)

I'm not saying that his situation doesn't bear watching. It does. But Pettine is right, until his behavior impacts his job it really isn't much of the team's business. The minute it does, then it is.

I'm not sold on him as an NFL QB. He's got a lot of work to do and things to improve before he is viable, but people need to get over themselves.

You guys think this is too harsh, or nah? :(

Gregg Doyel@GreggDoyelCBS 2h

I'd love to see Johnny Manziel succeed in the NFL. But he's preparing to fail. Column - http://cbsprt.co/1prvn3C

A little harsh, but he makes some good points. No conclusions can be drawn though until he plays some NFL football. It is true that a lot of the character issues he had pre-draft, he sure has not tried to disseminate even before taking a real NFL snap ...which is risky on his end, because he won't get the same benefit of the doubt that a guy with a cleaner reputation would.

Summary- haslem told coaches to make JF "tone it down." This also being a quote that's relevant

Yet on Friday, Manziel remained as feisty as ever, even as some teammates are now openly admitting his antics are starting to cause a distraction in the locker room.

If he wins, awesome but he's seemingly the type that coaches or teammates may step away from instead of rallying around when he has those rough patches/growing pains. Kid better come out of the gate hot, and learn to keep people in his corner.

Edited by NoSaint

I think that you are

- forgetting what it is like to be his age

- missing that the main difference between him and many other players is not their behavior, but the number of cameras pointing his way

- missing that his drinking has not seemed to have had an effect on his play or preparation

- missing that he has seemed to be exercising a lot more responsibility than many others who party (no positive drug tests, drunk driving, etc.)

I'm not saying that his situation doesn't bear watching. It does. But Pettine is right, until his behavior impacts his job it really isn't much of the team's business. The minute it does, then it is.

I'm not sold on him as an NFL QB. He's got a lot of work to do and things to improve before he is viable, but people need to get over themselves.

Good call. I like the kid a lot as a football player. I doubt he beats out Hoyer this year, but I much look forward to watching this kid play for the Browns when his time comes.

If the media were what it is today back in the 60's, I reckon Namath would have been under similar scrutiny.