Great Move, but I have a question.

I very pleased that the Bills Brass made the deal to pick the best playmaker in the draft. Great move!!!! that being said, I'm curious to know if we had the option of giving Cleveland our second round pick this year instead of our first round pick in 2015. The NFL Draft Trade Valuation Chart show the # 4 pick to be worth the #9 + #41 + small change. Hopefully someone in the press will ask the question and the Bills Brass will not feel threatened to give the honest answer.

I very pleased that the Bills Brass made the deal to pick the best playmaker in the draft. Great move!!!! that being said, I'm curious to know if we had the option of giving Cleveland our second round pick this year instead of our first round pick in 2015. The NFL Draft Trade Valuation Chart show the # 4 pick to be worth the #9 + #41 + small change. Hopefully someone in the press will ask the question and the Bills Brass will not feel threatened to give the honest answer.

the honest answer is that if you are using that chart, next years 1 is worth this years 2 --- you discount it by a round because you are getting the value now instead of later.

couple that with a huge influx of underclass players this year and this years 40 might be more like a normal years 30, and if we draft around 20 next year it might be more like a normal years 25-30 talentwise...... really, its possible that the evaluation is that this years 41 was worth more points than next years 20ish. similar talent but we get them sooner.

Edited by NoSaint

the honest answer is that if you are using that chart, next years 1 is worth this years 2 --- you discount it by a round because you are getting the value now instead of later.

couple that with a huge influx of underclass players this year and this years 40 might be more like a normal years 30, and if we draft around 20 next year it might be more like a normal years 25-30 talentwise...... really, its possible that the evaluation is that this years 41 was worth more points than next years 20ish. similar talent but we get them sooner.

Wow No Saint good answer.

:thumbsup:

The future picks were given up for a reason......Whaley believes that the Bills can win NOW. That's why we he made the bodacious move to trade up to get Watkins and why he wasn't willing to give up picks this year.

The hope is that the Bills' 2015 R1 pick will be a late pick next year.

I really like the move. Watkins gives us an elite offensive player for opposing teams to deal with.

I expect ou r next three picks to include an OT/DE/RB.

I reported the day before the draft that the Bills were very serious about trading up for Watkins and #3 or #4, but so many blew it off as another rumor. Beerball in his infinite wisdom, even sent me a warning for starting such a thread, and then closed the thread.

I had also mentioned that the Bills would seek to trade St. Johnson......in order to try to recoup some of their losses from the Watkins trade, plus now with Watkins in the fold, they will have a lot of money tied up at WR.

I don't see the Bills just giving Johnson away........say for a R3 pick or lower. They would have to get atleast a R2 pick to make any trade.

I'd actually like to see the Bills keep Johnson at least for one year to see how good the offense can be with the likes of Watkins/Johnson/M. Williams/Woods can be with Jackson/Spiller in the backfield. Watkins and Williams are both huge upgrades over what we had last year and watch out for Woods because he's got the talent to be even better than Johnson. If Johnson can stay healthy he could have a big year because now teams will have to matchup their best DBs on Watkins and Williams, which will pair Johnson against much weaker competition than he's used to facing.

TE Moeaki is another guy to be excited about. He was a very good player with KC before the injury. He may be the reason why the Bills don't select a TE within the next three rounds.