Electricity Rates

So what's going to happen to us? Is this going to destroy the country if we invest in cleaner energy?

Again:

"I'm curious about why you referenced China, then made a cough joke, when maintaining our current energy costs was contributed.

I'm also curious how you reconcile a desire to be competitive in the global manufacturing marketplace, with a desire to increase energy costs when our comprably low first world energy costs are currently drawing those manufacturing jobs back to the US despite our much higher labor and regulatory costs."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted about this on a local message board for my neighborhood and the local enviro's(and we got a lot of them) always argue this......

"The price for energy from coal is deceptive as it does not include the cost of the health care costs from asthma, and other diseases caused by air pollution, it also does not factor in the cost for environmental imparement and clean up of the land, rivers and streams.

Our environment is worth passing on to ur children. http://www.ohvec.org/galleries/mountaintop_removal/007/

Reduction of Interest.

LMAO!!!

Again:

"I'm curious about why you referenced China, then made a cough joke, when maintaining our current energy costs was contributed.

I'm also curious how you reconcile a desire to be competitive in the global manufacturing marketplace, with a desire to increase energy costs when our comprably low first world energy costs are currently drawing those manufacturing jobs back to the US despite our much higher labor and regulatory costs."

what jobs have we lost because of this?

Do you want to create high paying, blue collar, manufacturing jobs, or not?

It's a simple question.

Transitioning to solar power and other forms of renewable energy will make is even more competitive. Think about how our trade deficit would fall. We should always be looking towards the future. Will it take an investment? Sure, nothing good is free. But tell me which of the following industries didn't get major help from the government: railroads, aircraft

, computers and/telecommunications.

Transitioning to solar power and other forms of renewable energy will make is even more competitive. Think about how our trade deficit would fall. We should always be looking towards the future. Will it take an investment? Sure, nothing good is free. But tell me which of the following industries didn't get major help from the government: railroads, aircraft

It's a simple question.

Yes, but what is the "Reduction of Interest" on solar power?

You know what would make us even more competitive than Solar Power? Bypassing the sun all together and going straight for ...

cold fusion.

:rolleyes:

You know what would make us even more competitive than Solar Power? Bypassing the sun all together and going straight for ...

cold fusion.

:rolleyes:

What about inventing a warp core?

It's a simple question.

I just said yes, and new energy sources will help

What about inventing a warp core?

You two morons compliment each other well. Two little toadies

I just said yes, and new energy sources will help

Increasing the price of electricity will negatively affect the middle and lower class ( the people you supposedly champion).

And don't give me the cheaper new alternatives because those will take decades before they become implemented and viable. You could bet your 3 apple shares that whoever is in office if energy prices keep going up will be tarred and feathered.

Edited by meazza

Increasing the price of electricity will negatively affect the middle and lower class ( the people you supposedly champion).

And don't give me the cheaper new alternatives because those will take decades before they become implemented and viable. You could bet your 3 apple shares that whoever is in office if energy prices keep going up will be tarred and feathered.

They are already being implemented and have proved viable you idiot. And it sure will take decades if we drag our feet, time to move on and middle and lower class will not only have cleaner air, but a cheaper source of energy.

They are already being implemented and have proved viable you idiot. And it sure will take decades if we drag our feet, time to move on and middle and lower class will not only have cleaner air, but a cheaper source of energy.

And in the meantime the poorer get poorer while the rich dude can fork over for the extra costs to heat his multiple homes.

Please view the link below. A solar plant was built on the southeast side of Chicago in the West Pullman neighborhood. No break in energy rates for the residents. The local Alderman was not at all excited about the project because it created very few jobs, one full time to be exact and six other jobs for security, landscaping, and general maintenance. Oh and the utility company was banking a $50 million dollar stimulus loan guarantee from the department of energy.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=151773