Electricity Rates

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-05-07/business/chi-comed-price-increases-20140507_1_comed-david-kolata-power-customers

Big elecricity rate increase coming for us im Chicago. When you heavily subsidize wind power (and rate fix the electricity cost from it, without regard to whether anyone actually needs the power at the time) and force/regulate base load electricity (coal and soon to be nuclear) out of business and off the grid, I don't know how you could possibly expect any other outcome but this. The environmentalists and politicians making "green" decisions funded by them caused this and it will continue to get worse. Anyone elses rate soaring?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm....we take a relatively stable, and historically well-peforming energy supply chain. Then, we replace it with a completely unstable/startup/"on the bleeding edge" supply chain.

Then, we call that: "progressive". Which means: all performance indicators be damned, because, we've slapped a name on it, and therefore, it is what we say it is.

What could possibly go wrong?

You think you have it bad? You didn't spend the winter in Germany. How's about having 0 energy, and having to import it at night, at a premium, just to keep your people from freezing to death?

And, we wonder why Germany isn't lamb basting Russia economically? Answer: their green "investments" have reduced their foreign policy options to -1.

no and no

Then I'm curious about why you referenced China, then made a cough joke, when maintaining our current energy costs was contributed.

I'm also curious how you reconcile a desire to be competitive in the global manufacturing marketplace, with a desire to increase energy costs when our comprably low first world energy costs are currently drawing those manufacturing jobs back to the US despite our much higher labor and regulatory costs.

Then I'm curious about why you referenced China, then made a cough joke, when maintaining our current energy costs was contributed.

I'm also curious how you reconcile a desire to be competitive in the global manufacturing marketplace, with a desire to increase energy costs when our comprably low first world energy costs are currently drawing those manufacturing jobs back to the US despite our much higher labor and regulatory costs.

Because, China has dirty air and I want us moving towards cleaner air. And the higher costs, i hope, are transitional, moving from coal to natural gas, for instance to produce electricty. Also, I see solar as having a "bright" future. Once we get past the transition we will be at a better competitive advantage--or not at a disadvatage if those other nations have beaten us to the pass. Investment in the future costs money

Because, China has dirty air and I want us moving towards cleaner air.

What does that have to do with current pollution levels, and energy prices, in both the US and China?

And the higher costs, i hope, are transitional, moving from coal to natural gas, for instance to produce electricty.

The higher costs are regulatory, and are anything but transitional, given the current climate. Hope is no way to run National Energy policy.

Also, I see solar as having a "bright" future.

Based on what rationale? More hope? The ROIs on this technology have been abysmal.

Once we get past the transition we will be at a better competitive advantage--or not at a disadvatage if those other nations have beaten us to the pass. Investment in the future costs money

The reason those other nations energy costs are so high, is because they have gone all-in on the "clean" technologies, and cap and trade, you wish us to pursue.

1) What does that have to do with current pollution levels, and energy prices, in both the US and China?

2) The higher costs are regulatory, and are anything but transitional, given the current climate. Hope is no way to run National Energy policy.

3) Based on what rationale? More hope? The ROIs on this technology have been abysmal.

4) The reason those other nations energy costs are so high, is because they have gone all-in on the "clean" technologies, and cap and trade, you wish us to pursue.

1) Because they are attempting to lower them

2) No, they are forcing change and hope is the basis of every investment

3) What are ROIs?

4) You mean the country we are at a "disadvantage" to?? So you want it both ways?

This doesn't work in the context of your post. I offered that our current comparitively low energy prices are leading to a resurgence in American manufacturing, and you responded with a comparison to current pollution standards in China.

You can't repeal the laws of supply and demand, and "hope" is only the basis for investing if you're an idiot, especially if you aren't diversified in your investment, but instead go all in on a single number on a roulette wheel.

3) What are ROIs?

This answer explains everything that anyone would need to know about your resposne to item #2.

4) You mean the country we are at a "disadvantage" to?? So you want it both ways?

What country are we at a disadvantage with, in regards to our energy supply?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

3) What are ROIs?

Reduction of Interest.

This doesn't work in the context of your post. I offered that our current comparitively low energy prices are leading to a resurgence in American manufacturing, and you responded with a comparison to current pollution standards in China.

You can't repeal the laws of supply and demand, and "hope" is only the basis for investing if you're an idiot, especially if you aren't diversified in your investment, but instead go all in on a single number on a roulette wheel.

This answer explains everything that anyone would need to know about your respone to item #2.

What country are we at a disadvantage with, in regards to our energy supply?

So what's going to happen to us? Is this going to destroy the country if we invest in cleaner energy?