Bird (?) in our bathroom vent fan - wtf and why me

Anyone else have this happen? No? Great. There is a bird or something stuck in our 1/2 bath downstairs ceiling fan vent. It is making a ton of noise (no chirping, just a ruckus, so not sure if it is a bird) and there was green slime (nice) coming out of it this morning. We saw a small claw and some kind of fur or feathers. Exterminator on its way this afternoon. I mean, really??

Sorry to break it you, but you really can't keep a humming bird as a pet. I'm not saying that I agree with it, but bird law in this country isn't governed by reason and humming birds are a legal tender. You can, however, keep a gull as a pet, but you don't want to live with a sea bird because of the noise level. Have you ever heard a gull up close? They will blast your eardrums out.

it could be worse

http://www.kmph-kfre...ter-womans-home

Hundreds Of Birds Fly Into Exeter Woman's Home

make sure that you screen the vent over VERY well afterwords or but a plastic mesh vent cover. Louvered ones are still susceptible to unwanted entry

Thanks for the advice... I am hopeful it is an isolated incident but very worried it won't be.

Sorry to break it you, but you really can't keep a humming bird as a pet. I'm not saying that I agree with it, but bird law in this country isn't governed by reason and humming birds are a legal tender. You can, however, keep a gull as a pet, but you don't want to live with a sea bird because of the noise level. Have you ever heard a gull up close? They will blast your eardrums out.

No pet for me. Kids are plenty. haha.

We've had them in the dryer vent (while I was at work of course). Two made it through to the exhaust hose inside the house at different times. Mrs. BB had fun catching & then setting free the birds.

Several times this winter we had them hanging out in the exhaust for the stove. We have a really powerful fan so I'd flip it on and they'd leave for a while & then come back a later.

We've had them in the dryer vent (while I was at work of course). Two made it through to the exhaust hose inside the house at different times. Mrs. BB had fun catching & then setting free the birds.

Several times this winter we had them hanging out in the exhaust for the stove. We have a really powerful fan so I'd flip it on and they'd leave for a while & then come back a later.

Wow. I have no idea if it is going to fall right out when he takes the vent off the ceiling or if it is stuck higher up. Just the adventure I've been looking for in my life.

Anyone else have this happen? No? Great. There is a bird or something stuck in our 1/2 bath downstairs ceiling fan vent. It is making a ton of noise (no chirping, just a ruckus, so not sure if it is a bird) and there was green slime (nice) coming out of it this morning. We saw a small claw and some kind of fur or feathers. Exterminator on its way this afternoon. I mean, really??

Sit back and enjoy it.

Because, y'know...YOLO.

OK - you guys have me scared now. Really glad it was just a bird. $250 later the little guy is back in nature. I looked into the screens and he said he can cover all the vents for $500.

Sit back and enjoy it.

Because, y'know...YOLO.

That's what I told the bird but we let him free since the kids were around.

OK - you guys have me scared now. Really glad it was just a bird. $250 later the little guy is back in nature. I looked into the screens and he said he can cover all the vents for $500. That's what I told the bird but we let him free since the kids were around.

250 bucks! Yikes... Did you see how they did it, so next time it happens you know how to get the thing out. Think of it as a $250 lessen on how to dismantle your exhaust vent... LoL...

Wow 500?... Just go up in your crawl space and put screens on the underside of the vents... Hunk of screen and staple gun. under 10 dollars.