Is Jim Kelly aware of this Phase III trial?

Lol, yeah it is out there and easy enough to find. I find it funny how people who can easily find the information themselves keep asking for it. You want it, go find it. Google is your friend.

I'm not the hired help.

Unemployed?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked this guy thinks vaccines cause autism. What's next, the Fluoride in the water is administered by the government to kill everyone?

First, you need to understand what gene expression is or thus entire conversation is pointless. Do you know what gene expression is? If not read up on it and let me know when you understand it well enough to have an intelligent conversation about it. If you do know about it, then you know that there are lots of things that change our bodies hormones and gene expressions. Some change it positively, some are negatively. So by saying to eat foods and take things that change it positively via multiple pathways versus what most people do, which is change in negatively via virtually all pathways, that has no effect on your health? You can't be serious bro. You work for Big Pharma? Lol

How do they change our gene expressions? Are they promoters? Are they transmitted by G proteins? Are they secondary messengers? Is it a cAMP cascade? Are they steroid hormones? How does eating a fruit release a steroid hormone? I'm waiting with bated breath to hear about how they "change" us. Do you know anything about Biology besides vague key words?

You haven't explained a single pathway besides, "this is what I say they do." I'm honestly not surprised, it's always the scientifically ignorant that think they have all the answers.

By the by, I'm still waiting for you to answer these questions. "Explain to me how eating supplements, pushed by natural food quacks just like big pharmaceuticals, reactivate your P53 tumor suppression genes. Or how about how they deactivate faulty oncogenes? Or how they deactivate telomerases?"

Edited by FireChan

Is this doctor still practicing? If so, share his name. Maybe you can help save someones life on your off time! Was he part of a cancer treatment center, or a general practitioner?

Yes, this all has happened in the last 4 months and its ongoing. I believe he is in Toledo, Ohio but I'd have to double check, he is an Oncologist, my father in law lives in Ohio

Well I was hoping this thread would be about Jim Kelly... Oh well..

Tim-

Sorry for hijacking. Well hopefully, Jimbo reads this thread, and doesn't start eating acai berries instead of getting treated at the hospital.

I'm shocked this guy thinks vaccines cause autism. What's next, the Fluoride in the water is administered by the government to kill everyone?

How do they change our gene exp<b></b>ressions? Are they promoters? Are they transmitted by G proteins? Are they secondary messengers? Is it a cAMP cascade? Are they steroid hormones? How does eating a fruit release a steroid hormone? I'm waiting with bated breath to hear about how they "change" us. Do you know anything about Biology besides vague key words?

You haven't explained a single pathway besides, "this is what I say they do." I'm honestly not surprised, it's always the scientifically ignorant that think they have all the answers.

By the by, I'm still waiting for you to answer these questions. "Explain to me how eating supplements, pushed by natural food quacks just like big pharmaceuticals, reactivate your P53 tumor suppression genes. Or how about how they deactivate faulty oncogenes? Or how they deactivate telomerases?"

You're right, I don't know anything, lol. I know one thing, most people are on a bunch of prescriptions by age 40 to manage their unhealthiness.

To answer your question, in general, they change it by expressing anti-inflammatory pathways and genes which then unexpresses inflammatory pathways and genes. Novel idea, that inflammation is the culprit in most of the diseases that plague us as we get older. Actually its not, but to you it probably is. Plenty of articles to read about that for you now I guess

I dont even know about those "zinc fingers" either...hurry up and google that one too

Edited by matter2003

You're right, I don't know anything, lol. In general, they change it by expressing anti-inflammatory pathways and genes which then unexpresses inflammatory pathways and genes. Novel idea, that inflammation is the culprit in most of the diseases that plague us as we get older. Actually its not, but to you it probably is. Plenty of articles to read about that for you now I guess

Not even about those "zinc fingers" either...hurry up and google that one too

What anti-inflammatory pathways? Prostaglandin? What changes about the pathways? Do they inactivate the chemokines? Or the macrophages? T cells? What are the compounds that do this? Give me some examples please. I'll just add it to the list of questions.

"What anti-inflammatory pathways? Prostaglandin? What changes about the pathways? Do they inactivate the chemokines? Or the macrophages? T cells? What are the compounds that do this? How do they change our gene expressions? Are they promoters? Are they transmitted by G proteins? Are they secondary messengers? Is it a cAMP cascade? Are they steroid hormones? How does eating a fruit release a steroid hormone? Explain to me how eating supplements, pushed by natural food quacks just like big pharmaceuticals, reactivate your P53 tumor suppression genes. Or how about how they deactivate faulty oncogenes? Or how they deactivate telomerases?"

Edited by FireChan

Cancer is not a disease. It's a malfunctioning of cells in the body, usually caused by long periods of unhealthiness. Fix the malfunctioning, fix the cells, they will never find a cure because you make no money on eating healthy, supplementing healthy and exercising.

Then how do you explain young healthy non-obese kids getting cancer?

All these scientific terms, impressive.

How is it that you don't understand that inflammatory cytokines are released due to oxidative stress and when you normalize this your body stops producing these. This stuff isn't rocket science, its more like common sense, which the science backs up. You know like IL-6, IL-1, neutrophils,

etc. I have a very, very good understanding of these as I have psoriasis and after changing my diet, supplementing properly and literally reading every journal, article and study I could find on it have cleared over 60% of my plaques with ZERO reoccurence in the past year and a half. No drugs, no poison, just knowledge and formulating what I think was the problem with my body and then acting on it. My dermatologist said what I am doing is impossible. I guess she forgot to tell my body that.

Cause inflammation in your body by eating junk, not sleeping enough(one of the biggest stressors), fostering the wrong type of microflora biome, or other things it doesn't like and it makes you sick. Reverse the inflammation and it makes you better. It's a very simple thing. Drug companies and other places want to make it seem complex---it keeps the average person from being able to question them. In reality tho, its pretty simple.

Then how do you explain young healthy non-obese kids getting cancer?

Sometimes you just get dealt a bad hand with genetic mutations and/or gene expression. In most cases these expressions are things we are able to control

I don't know why everyone is getting so heated about this. My dad died of cancer and one of the things that was re-enforced to me over that time was that everyone has a choice. A choice on how they want to live their life. A choice on how they deal with adversity. And in this case, a choice in how they want to treat this horrible disease. For anyone to be critical of someone else's choice is seriously inappropriate because it's not YOUR choice.

I don't blame people in the medical world for believing in the path that they recommend. And I also don't think there is anything wrong with exploring alternative treatments. The truth is, nobody has "the cure" yet. There have been successes from a number of different sources. The most important thing, in my mind, is giving the patient and their family a number of options for them to choose from so that they can make THE CHOICE that is right for them. It is absolutely critical for the patient to believe and be 100% committed that their choice for treatment is going to work. Because I can tell you, if there is doubt, you have no chance.

Please stop being so critical of each other on this topic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with exploring options. And for those of you in the medical profession, as soon as you have the cure that works 100% of the time, you will have every right to tell people that the alternatives are crazy. Until then, please respect the desire for people to try it their way. It's their body and their life. Their choice.

"If we don't change directions, we'll end up where we're going." Chinese proverb.

I have to disagree with you on your first part. Living a healthy life will not guarantee you won't get cancer. My wife didn't smoke, drink, do drugs and she lived a healthy lifestyle. then one night she had so much pain she had to be brought to the ER where they discovered she had stage 4 colon cancer. I knew a guy who was a marathon runner, healthy as a horse. Ate only healthy food, he died 15 months after being diagnosed. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why some people get cancer and others don't. If that where the case, then all the obese people you see every day would have cancer. Who the hell knows what's in the air you breath, or the water you drink or the "healthy" food you eat have in them. I am sorry, but it pisses me off when I hear people say they don't/won't get cancer because of there healthy lifestyle. As if my wife did something wrong, or all the friends I met during her treatment who lost there battle did something wrong.

I don't know why everyone is getting so heated about this. My dad died of cancer and one of the things that was re-enforced to me over that time was that everyone has a choice. A choice on how they want to live their life. A choice on how they deal with adversity. And in this case, a choice in how they want to treat this horrible disease. For anyone to be critical of someone else's choice is seriously inappropriate because it's not YOUR choice.

I don't blame people in the medical world for believing in the path that they recommend. And I also don't think there is anything wrong with exploring alternative treatments. The truth is, nobody has "the cure" yet. There have been successes from a number of different sources. The most important thing, in my mind, is giving the patient and their family a number of options for them to choose from so that they can make THE CHOICE that is right for them. It is absolutely critical for the patient to believe and be 100% committed that their choice for treatment is going to work. Because I can tell you, if there is doubt, you have no chance.

Please stop being so critical of each other on this topic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with exploring options. And for those of you in the medical profession, as soon as you have the cure that works 100% of the time, you will have every right to tell people that the alternatives are crazy. Until then, please respect the desire for people to try it their way. It's their body and their life. Their choice.

"If we don't change directions, we'll end up where we're going." Chinese proverb.

"And for those of you in the medical profession, as soon as you have the cure that works 100% of the time, you will have every right to tell people that the alternatives are crazy."

I never said they were crazy, I said they weren't medically valid alternatives to chemo and radiation. That's the AMA talking, not some guy with a keyboard. Personally, any guy who's dedicated 8 years of their lives to high education and research, as well as 4 more years of getting paid like a waiter to work 80 hour weeks has to right to call B.S. on anything in his field. You're right though, this is too PPPish, I'll stop.

Edited by FireChan

Immunotherapy is being studied as a more natural way to treat cancer by stimulating the body's own defense system to recognize cancers as foreign to the body. Cancer is simply uncontrolled growth of cells. They are complex in that the cells change and aren't simply a single cell type. Multiple forms to these cells may exist that are then difficult to target for with traditional therapies. Cancer immunotherapy attempts to stimulate the immune system to reject and destroy the spectrum of these tumors. There have been fantastic results in earlier stage studies with many of these therapies being fast tracked through to the phase III level. These new biologics may allow us to control and treat cancer much like we control and treat diabetes.

"Most" cancer drug trials do not involve placebo only arms of the study. They involve adding a 'new' therapy to the current standard of care and compare that to the standard of care plus placebo. Either way, the patient receives (at least) the current standard of care. If no current treatment has shown to be effective, you'd be more likely to see a placebo versus drug trial. This is rare.

Most areas of medicine do utilize placebo versus standard of care. Oncology, for obvious reasons, often has a different approach.

Correctomundo.

I might add to folks, folks, due to the need to make statistical sense out of data with a complex disease in a complex organism, most clinical trials are by necessity rather specific and restrictive, even if the science behind the drug suggests it may be helpful to several different cancers. So, for example, if Jim's cancer has an oral origin, which I think it did, it might be excluded from a study of the drug's effects on other cancers of the head and neck. Or there may be exclusions for specific prior treatments or for other secondary conditions.

Hopefully Jim has hooked up with the very best oncologists specializing in his type of cancer, and believe me, these guys know all the trials and are not shy about proposing those that might help their patients. It's very frustrating for the friends and family of cancer patients when well-meaning folks are continually suggesting promising new treatments for which they don't qualify.

If he was smart he would have stayed away from radiation and chemo. You cannot fix a malfunction at the cellular level by nuking it or poisoning it. You can fix it by eating right, getting proper nutrients and destroy the cancer cells by taking in things that destroy it naturally. Black seed, chaga, turmeric(curcumin), TUDCA, vitamin D, tart cherry. Yes it works and much faster than most think.

How do I know? My father in law was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer and had grapefruit sized tumors in his prostate, colon and stomach. Following a cancer starving diet(ie, no sugar since cancer cell need this to survive), taking in nutritional supplements, and losing weight he dropped 85 lbs, lowered his cholesterol and blood pressure to the point the doctor took him off his medications for those, and in 4 months his grafefruit sized tumors disappeared, his PSA levels went below normal when they were many times normal levels and his bone cancer is less than 1/3 of what it was, and should disappear within another few months.

No chemo, no radiation, no traditional western medicine treatment. Diet, nutrition, exercise. That's how you defeat cancer, but they can't charge $45,000 for a bag of broccoli like they can chemo treatments.

Oh, for toast sake. Yeah, Jim got cancer because he wore too short a skirt to the wrong bar late one night.

I'm delighted that your father's cancer is remitting and his overall health so improved. Congratulations! His choice of treatment is to be respected.

There have always been cases of remission. The challenge is to show, in a rigorous way, that a course of treatment will work for a significant number of patients who follow a clearly defined treatment. I'm afraid there are too many cases of cancer in young, healthy people, including young healthy people who follow good healthy habits, as well as cases where following a natural regimen may have helped overall health but did not provide a remission or even slow the progress of a cancer.

To paint cancer as something people avoid by "just living healthy" IMO, is disrespectful of so many of those who are afflicted by this horrible disease. It is victim blaming, pure and simple. Can we improve our health and decrease our chances of disease by how we behave? Yes. Can we control it completely or reduce it to cause and effect, if only it were that simple!

There are significant number of cancer treatments - drugs - which are not being developed by Big Pharma. The oncologists drive the research and support it on parent bake sales. I'm not kidding. Google neuroblastoma and 3F8 for one example. There's a lot of research which shows cancer - uncontrolled cell proliferation - starting for multiple causes, including genetic predisposition and environmental exposures. I think to dismiss that great body of knowledge that so many have worked so hard for, as underpaid scientists and as overworked physicians carrying research on weekends and holidays - to dismiss that as something driven by greed and consipiracy and big drug companies, is also highly disrespectful.

"You can fix it by eating right, getting proper nutrients and destroy the cancer cells by taking in things that destroy it naturally. Black seed, chaga, turmeric(curcumin), TUDCA, vitamin D, tart cherry." What do you think motivates the companies selling black seed, chaga, TUDCA, and tart cherry? Humanitarian kindness? You do know that many nutriceuticals and supplements have been found to have none of the ingredient they purported to have, or to have wildly varying levels, right? There are significant profits in the nutriceutical and supplement industries.