Tennessee will now criminally charge pregnant women who use drugs

Not "will charge." "May charge."

And it's specifically intended to fix the "viable fetus" dodge in the existing law = currently, if a pregnant woman does drugs in her first trimester, and the baby's born with birth defects, that's NOT assault because the fetus was not viable at the time of the 'assault'? This bill just says "Yeah...you can't argue that any more," effectively.

There's no new criminal charge being introduced here. Typically nice job of a slanted site blowing it out of proportion.

UM, this is the article: "Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam ® has approved a measure that will allow Tennessee to bring criminal charges against pregnant women who use drugs for potentially harming their fetuses, even though there isn’t conclusive scientific evidence that being exposed to illicit drugs in the womb causes long-term harm to children."

If they "may charge" and means that they "would charge" and that means you "will charge".

You are taking this too light. Speeding on the highway.............will you get pulled over? You may get pulled over? Will they pull over? Well, they most certainly will if they catch you.

UM, this is the article: "Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam ® has approved a measure that will allow Tennessee to bring criminal charges against pregnant women who use drugs for potentially harming their fetuses, even though there isn’t conclusive scientific evidence that being exposed to illicit drugs in the womb causes long-term harm to children."

If they "may charge" and means that they "would charge" and that means you "will charge".

Yes, I know what the article says. And it's crap. I read the bill.

You are taking this too light. Speeding on the highway.............will you get pulled over? You may get pulled over? Will they pull over? Well, they most certainly will if they catch you.

No, I'm not. THIS bill is not the problem, though - it does nothing more than close a loophole in an already existing set of laws that allowed the charges to begin with.

It's amazing what you can find when you dig beyond the bull **** headline on a bull **** web site. You should try spending your time doing that, rather than making ridiculously inaccurate traffic enforcement analogies.

http://thinkprogress...pregnant-women/

I think this will drive women to get abortions more in reality.

A pregnant chick stupid enough to do drugs isn't going to abort the baby because she's probably just having it to increase her government stipend. If you're a worthless female drug addict, you don't need to clean up and get a job. Just keep popping out the babies and earn more money each time! It's what progressives call " a win win."