Our piss poor run defense

Frez

That´s because Sam isn´t clogging the middle. When he does, the running will stop.

16552[/snapback]

Are we that dependent on one player to stop the run? I thought we were supposed to attack the run with numbers. I'm not saying we're billsfanone yet, but I hope we're sucking because it's preseason and everyone is taking it easy; not because Sam Adams alone is taking it easy.

Could some of the D problems be blamed on Gray? Just seems like he's gotten a free pass this offseason...

Personally I like Gray and want to see him have success (I don't root *against* my boys, unlike some others), just wondering if some of our D woes may be blamed on the loss of LeBeau? Thoughts?

Could some of the D problems be blamed on Gray?  Just seems like he's gotten a free pass this offseason...

Personally I like Gray and want to see him have success (I don't root *against* my boys, unlike some others), just wondering if some of our D woes may be blamed on the loss of LeBeau?  Thoughts?

16572[/snapback]

I was worried about that as well. The year before last, our offense put up some nice numbers. It was the D that lost games.

No worries. Pat and Sam are dogging it. the D line hasn't run a stunt all pre-season. No game planning going on here. These guys get beat up enough during the season. They are in battle every play. I have no problem with them chillin' during the pre-season. It gives the DBs a chance to make some tackles on RBs.

No worries. Pat and Sam are dogging it. the D line hasn't run a stunt all pre-season. No game planning going on here. These guys get beat up enough during the season. They are in battle every play. I have no problem with them chillin' during the pre-season. It gives the DBs a chance to make some tackles on RBs.

16582[/snapback]

Cool. Going to take your word for it, I can't see or hear... going off of the stupid NFL live game thing.

-Jeff

Could some of the D problems be blamed on Gray?  Just seems like he's gotten a free pass this offseason...

Personally I like Gray and want to see him have success (I don't root *against* my boys, unlike some others), just wondering if some of our D woes may be blamed on the loss of LeBeau?  Thoughts?

16572[/snapback]

We should fire him now. If we go 1-3 in preseason we'll be out of the playoff race before the season even starts. Thank God the patsies have a couple losses too. At least we're staying close to them. Fire Gray before it is too late.

We should fire him now.  If we go 1-3 in preseason we'll be out of the playoff race before the season even starts.  Thank God the patsies have a couple losses too.  At least we're staying close to them.  Fire Gray before it is too late.

16585[/snapback]

Post of the day. :(

The run defense sucked last year in pre-season, if anyone remembers, and even if you don't, I'm sure you'll remember those calling for Sam's head because he looked like he didn't care (and he didn't). Run defense won't be a problem come the real season, and I'm sure you'd be pissed if Sam or Pat got injured trying to stop the Lions' amazing running attack.

The run defense sucked last year in pre-season, if anyone remembers, and even if you don't,  I'm sure you'll remember those calling for Sam's head because he looked like he didn't care (and he didn't).  Run defense won't be a problem come the real season, and I'm sure you'd be pissed if Sam or Pat got injured trying to stop the Lions' amazing running attack.

16594[/snapback]

Ya - thanks for posting this - it's true. We were all freakin' out last preseason too - it was the same thing. They'll be fine on opening day (gulp... I hope).

Besides - the Lions had 64 yards passing in the first half.

jeezus H. wasn't it you that was going on about this last preseason? the defense is fine, relax and try to enjoy the fuggin football game. Kroist.

Guy gets a 12 yard gain and all of a sudden our D is unbearable.

<voice id="lombardi">

What the hell is goin on out here?!

</voice>

Ya - thanks for posting this - it's true.  We were all freakin' out last preseason too - it was the same thing.  They'll be fine on opening day (gulp... I hope).

Besides - the Lions had 64 yards passing in the first half.

16606[/snapback]

I was LMAO at all the people wanting to dump Adams just based on pre-season. Like I said, these guys KNOW what they can do, are older, and don't want to get injured. It's not a concern until it PROVES to be a concern.

Our piss poor run defense stinks again

Wha?!?!?!

The Lions backs averaged 2.9yrds a carry and Detroit had a grand total of 75 rushing yards in 60 minutes of football; and that total includes the QB's!

They went 3-12 on 3rddown and had the ball for 22 whole minutes!

And you're kvetching about defending the groundgame?!?!?!

Wow, you make Nervous Guy look like Josey Wales......

Wha?!?!?!

The Lions backs averaged 2.9yrds a carry and Detroit had a grand total of 75 rushing yards in 60 minutes of football; and that total includes the QB's!

They went 3-12 on 3rddown and had the ball for 22 whole minutes!

And you're kvetching about defending the groundgame?!?!?!

Wow, you make Nervous Guy look like Josey Wales......

16806[/snapback]

Facts suck.