Metrics articles by Greg Peshek

very good info.

And now that the draft is only 10 days away, I can start to allow myself to care about who we pick.

The article links to analyses of QBs, WRs, TEs, and CBs. The only 2 we might take at 9 are WR evans and TE Ebron. But there's wrs and TEs in round 2 we might look at (nicklas, ASJ).

This information does two things for me: it absolutely validates my concern for Drafting Ebron at 9th overall, or maybe even in the 1st round at all, and secondly, it solidifies what I already knew from my "eye" test, Niklas is the guy for Buffalo. Given his information, I don't think he lasts past the 2nd, but he may creep into the 3rd given the depth at the WR position and OT position in the Draft...not to mention CB. So, now, I really hope the BILLS don't Draft Ebron at all, let alone with #9 and hope they CAN Draft Niklas, wherever that might be as they determine by their value board.

After reading the article, I'm very curious about ASJ. I think he'll be there in the second, and if we go with an OT in the first I think there is a good chance we grab him. The Bills keep saying this is a "QB driven league", but Hackett seems to me to be a run-first OC. You get two guys in the top two rounds that can greatly help your run game, and a potential up-the-seam threat. We could see a lot of two TE sets like NE was doing, but we would probably run more out of them.

This information does two things for me: it absolutely validates my concern for Drafting Ebron at 9th overall, or maybe even in the 1st round at all, and secondly, it solidifies what I already knew from my "eye" test, Niklas is the guy for Buffalo. Given his information, I don't think he lasts past the 2nd, but he may creep into the 3rd given the depth at the WR position and OT position in the Draft...not to mention CB. So, now, I really hope the BILLS don't Draft Ebron at all, let alone with #9 and hope they CAN Draft Niklas, wherever that might be as they determine by their value board.

I would be very pleased with a Matthews Niklas combo from the first 2 rounds. That would make the bills bigger, better across the line, and offer another huge target for EJ.

I'm not sure if Matthews will still be there at 9 and if he isn't I would prefer a trade down to drafting Ebron at 9.

Some interesting reads analyzing the top draft prospects by position.

http://www.rotoworld.../out-of-the-box

This numbers are very good.

They have been posted and reposted in the various Ebron threads. That 11.43 Drop rate of Ebron is pretty damning and not easily excused away.

The bigger point is Ebron has nothing special or there isn't a great differentiator and since we are all but guaranteed that one of these TEs will be available at #41.

So why would you take a non special player at his position at #9 overall?

I have no idea but as a GM I would be targeting Jace Amaro or Troy Niklas in the second.

Edited by Why So Serious?

This numbers are very good.

They have been posted and reposted in the various Ebron threads. That 11.43 Drop rate of Ebron is pretty damning and not easily excused away.

The bigger point is Ebron has nothing special or there isn't a great differentiator and since we are all but guaranteed that one of these TEs will be available at #41.

So why would you take a non special player at his position at #9 overall?

I have no idea but as a GM I would be targeting Jace Amaro or Troy Niklas in the second.

to the ebron drop rate - its certainly something to keep an eye on - but im not sure that theres no way to easily explain it. with 60 catches, he only saw so many targets. over the course of the season thats 2-3 balls total separating him from awful to wouldnt blink an eye potentially. 1) the person charting them may have hurt him on 1-2 borderline ones (not trying to bash roto, as it was a very good article, just noting its subjective - this could fall the opposite direction too) 2) if hes making 2-3 catches that no one else would, it all kind of comes out in the wash.... or maybe he just blew it an extra time or two which can be worked on.

im not advocating him, just hashing up the numbers a bit. hes at the top of the list for drops and thats not a good place to be.

Edited by NoSaint