4/25/14: Doug Whaley WGR Interview/Bills' Pre-Draft Presser

Interesting tweet from Schefter

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 6m

RT @evansilva: ESPN's Mortensen suggests Mike Evans as trade-up target for 49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in draft."

This does not surprise me. I think they are going all out to win the SB even though their QB is young, they know they have a specific window with that defense.

The 49'ers have a ton of picks in this draft, I expect them to be aggressive.

The challenge will be if any team in the Top 10 would be willing to trade down that far in the first round.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokescreens?

Well that is my rant. I expect the Bills to trade down once or twice in the first round and even again in the first 3 rounds. I expect them to draft (maybe not in this order) RIGHT offensive tackle, Defensive End, Linebacker, and then offensive guard, running back and cornerback in the 5th.

Comments?

good post/rant

I do agree RT , DE , LB RB OG are the needs . i might insert a TE in there and some T depth depending on Chris Hairston.

Chris Heff. Seems we are agreed.

Bills are going to draft somebody. Maybe more than one somebody !

And i agree too, that i dont have a feel for what these Bills will do.

Very exciting actually . this is kinda fun

Go Bills !

Edited by 3rdand12

Say no to Ebron

I'm not saying you are right or wrong my friend...But I have a feeling he's the guy they want if Evans is not there...I think they would rather trade down a little and still get Ebron...But I just have a feeling he's the guy they covet most assuming Evans goes to Tampa...I had this feeling about Manuel last year too...It's just my gut and God knows I've been wrong before...But I think reading between the lines Whaley loves Ebron and the envisioned help he brings to EJ...I also think if the 3 OT's go in the top 8 it will make the decision to go with Ebron much easier on them...

Like I said it's just a gut thing...But that's the feeling I'm getting... B-)

I'm not saying you are right or wrong my friend...But I have a feeling he's the guy they want if Evans is not there...I think they would rather trade down a little and still get Ebron...But I just have a feeling he's the guy they covet most assuming Evans goes to Tampa...I had this feeling about Manuel last year too...It's just my gut and God knows I've been wrong before...But I think reading between the lines Whaley loves Ebron and the envisioned help he brings to EJ...I also think if the 3 OT's go in the top 8 it will make the decision to go with Ebron much easier on them...

Like I said it's just a gut thing...But that's the feeling I'm getting... B-)

It would not surprise me. Hope they can trade down a couple spots.

I think they like Evans. And thats closer to fair value at 9 IMO.

It would not surprise me. Hope they can trade down a couple spots.

I think they like Evans. And thats closer to fair value at 9 IMO.

A lot of rumbling out of Tampa Bay that QB is a real possibility at #7...I doubt very much it's true...But that would likely be the final piece in assuring Evans drops in the Bills lap... B-)

A lot of rumbling out of Tampa Bay that QB is a real possibility at #7...I doubt very much it's true...But that would likely be the final piece in assuring Evans drops in the Bills lap... B-)

I would not be unhappy with that scenario