I have an ideal role for Easley

D521646

two coaching regimes. Three OC's. And he has hung on. Just going on benefit of the doubt that he is not just here for special teams because they sure didn't seem to care about who was on them the last year or two

Well then what else is he here for? Why didn't Marrone put him in there?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the new regime, led by a guy who coached for four years in the same Big East that Marcus Easley starred in for one year, is blissfully unaware of this guy's star potential?

Maybe Easley is just a warrior in practice and can't translate it to the games. Look, I'd love for everyone who believes in the kid to be right. I'd also like to point out that I and others have been saying this exact same thing for the past three offseasons. I am not sure how he has instilled so much belief in a fanbase that is usually pretty quick to draw a dagger on better players.

True, that.

Beat me to it, I am sure Marrone had studied him before form the big east! He is a waste of space and has been for 4 years! I would have cut him the second year he was on IR!

• 1 month later...

The reason I feel like Marcus Easley might make a good Safety or DB is because during training camp every year Easley comes up with some of the biggest most acrobatic catches, going up into a crowd of defenders and coming down with the football. Easley is also not afraid to knock the snot out of the opposition which he has displayed on Special teams.

If for whatever reason the new regime feels they have better options at the WR position which when you look at the production of players like TG Graham it has me scratching my head a little. Lets give this guy an opportunity somewhere else then

The Bills have a player right now who has excelled in anything we have given him an opportunity to excel in. The Bills just lost their best safety, maybe even the best player on the team per position.

What If Marcus Easley is the best guy to replace him?

I say lets keep pushing the envelope with Marcus Easley...

Just because Marcus Easley has a couple ST tackles doesn't mean he'd make a good safety.

What is the fascination with this guy? I don't get it. He's not Tasker reborn, or even the 5th best replacement for Byrd.

I swear, it's like Chad Rhinehart mixed with Garrison Sanborn sprinkled with some Da'Rick.

EDIT: DonaldDuck topic 0/10

Edited by FireChan

Just because Marcus Easley has a couple ST tackles doesn't mean he'd make a good safety.

What is the fascination with this guy? I don't get it. He's not Tasker reborn, or even the 5th best replacement for Byrd.

I swear, it's like Chad Rhinehart mixed with Garrison Sanborn sprinkled with some Da'Rick.

A couple? Easley led the league in solo tackles on ST last season

I agree that we should keep giving him opportunities to succeed. I agree that he may be a good defender. But I have no idea how you can say what if he's the best option to replace Byrd.

I realize its a bit of a stretch

He's a good ST player; I wouldn't agree that he's excelled in anything the team has asked him to do...he's been, largely, a disappointment as a WR in any regular-season chances he's had.

That said, I don't see an athlete that plays the game like a DB. I see a big guy that has some speed and shows a willingness to tackle on ST.

Am I certain he can't be a DB? No...do I feel pretty confident saying he can't? Yes.

Well, they always say DBs are just WRs that can't catch and he can make some tackles. Not a horrible thought to take a look at him there. He's obviously not going to amount to anything as a WR at this point to me.

Edited by Mark80

He's a good ST player; I wouldn't agree that he's excelled in anything the team has asked him to do...he's been, largely, a disappointment as a WR in any regular-season chances he's had.

That said, I don't see an athlete that plays the game like a DB. I see a big guy that has some speed and shows a willingness to tackle on ST.

Am I certain he can't be a DB? No...do I feel pretty confident saying he can't? Yes.

I'm thinking more safety then DB bandit, J Byrd makes a good living picking his angle and straight lining it to the football,

Did George Wilson play receiver in the NFL ever or did he switch to safety right out of college?

I think he was a WR and on ST for a short period, but don't quote me on it

Yep, you guessed it.. He should be converted to our new SS. Great special teams guy, football fast, good to moderate hands, and a quality hitter. Can't seem to break the WR corps, so why not? Marcus, are need to listen to me. Go to Doug and tell him you want to make this team as a starter, and if it means becoming a strong Safety then so be it.

Why not? Why couldn't he do it?

Tim-

I agree OP, why not...

For some reason his body size seems a little too lanky for a safety. I am not sure he could stand up to the hitting a safety must bring on a consistent bases.

In theory i get what you are saying. I am not sure he is a fit for it...

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Nt sure if he is too tall, too thin, or has long legs or something, but he doesn't look like a safety

Well then what else is he here for? Why didn't Marrone put him in there?

I believe what boyst is trying to say is, the Bills sent good WR's packing last season and kept Easley,

If they didn't think Easley was a decent WR I doubt seriously he makes the team despite good ST play.

Edited by Donald Duck