I am Having a Great Day!

plenzmd1

In what must be the best omen ever for a Bills season...schedule comes out tonight and ....

WEGMANS coming to Richmond announced today!!!!! One in Short Pump, one on the wrong side of the rivuh...already under construction!!!!

Has got to be some kind meaning in that no?????

Edited by plenzmd1

LoL... I actually had to look that name up: Short Pump, VA. That's actually a name of a town! How did it get its name?

I don't know the answer, but I'm gonna pretend it's this: The town is named for a sort of ad hoc method of informal birth control utilized by the early colonists of that area who were Puritanical about such things, but—as humans will be human—could not help themselves from indulging in a bit of the covert “short pump” in the hopes that a shallow penetration would decrease the chances of unwanted pregnancy.

I don't know the answer, but I'm gonna pretend it's this: The town is named for a sort of ad hoc method of informal birth control utilized by the early colonists of that area who were Puritanical about such things, but—as humans will be human—could not help themselves from indulging in a bit of the covert “short pump” in the hopes that a shallow penetration would decrease the chances of unwanted pregnancy.

not to spoil your fun

The original village of Short Pump, located at the intersection of Three Chopt Road, Richmond Turnpike and Pouncey Tract Road, was named for the short handled pump beneath the porch of a tavern located there

so as not to violate the rules

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Pump,_Virginia

Try coming up with a reason for Lizard Lick NC

LoL... Okay!

I was thinking more along the lines of it was easier to get water from that location. "Short pump" means less digging for a well, thus less strokes it takes for the pump... That's if the vandals didn't take the handle and the pump works.

wrong side of the rivER my ass...former-MIDLO Representin', bitches

In what must be the best omen ever for a Bills season...schedule comes out tonight and ....

WEGMANS coming to Richmond announced today!!!!! One in Short Pump, one on the wrong side of the rivuh...already under construction!!!!

not to spoil your fun

The original village of Short Pump, located at the intersection of Three Chopt Road, Richmond Turnpike and Pouncey Tract Road, was named for the short handled pump beneath the porch of a tavern located there

so as not to violate the rules

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Pump,_Virginia

Try coming up with a reason for Lizard Lick NC

Wow... I was close!

Lick could be a natural salt deposit, salt spring where animals go to "lick."

WEGMANS coming to Richmond announced today!!!!! One Short Pump, one on the wrong side of the rivuh...already under construction!!!!

The schedule, Wegman's AND you got laid? That is a good day. Enjoy.

Wow... I was close!

Lick could be a natural salt deposit, salt spring where animals go to "lick."

nope. animals and lick are right but everything else .... . it has something to do with a "man and his cane"

the funny thing is I don't recall seeing many lizards in NC except as indoor pets.

not like when I lived in Florida

the funny thing is I don't recall seeing many lizards in NC except as indoor pets.

not like when I lived in Florida

True story. Under 10 years ago, a co-worker got something from E-Bay... A brown anole jumped out of the box. The thing he bought came from FLA. Anyway, he gave my son the lizard and the anole lived in a 10 gallon tank for about 3 years. His name was "Lenny"... How original, my children were something like 7 and 3. Anyway, to feed Lenny we would make the weekly trip to Petsmart to get him crickets. In the summer and fall, we would catch our own... Had a little "bug vac."

RIP Lenny... He's buried in a jewlery box in our garden.

True story. Under 10 years ago, a co-worker got something from E-Bay... A brown anole jumped out of the box. The thing he bought came from FLA. Anyway, he gave my son the lizard and the anole lived in a 10 gallon tank for about 3 years. His name was "Lenny"... How original, my children were something like 7 and 3. Anyway, to feed Lenny we would make the weekly trip to Petsmart to get him crickets. In the summer and fall, we would catch our own... Had a little "bug vac."

RIP Lenny... He's buried in a jewlery box in our garden.

We occasionally get green anoles here on our patio in Georgia. I like seeing them. Lizards fascinate me. I do what I can to keep our cat away from them.

We occasionally get green anoles here on our patio in Georgia. I like seeing them. Lizards fascinate me. I do what I can to keep our cat away from them.

We had one older cat then... Mellow. We now have 3 young cats... I Don't know what they would do with a lizard in a tank...

Anway, from what I read, brown anoles I think are the invasive ones from Cuba and other places... Right?? The green ones are the native ones to the Southest US that are getting pinched out. ??

We did even @ one time house a garter snake I caught @ work in the fall... We kept it through the winter feeding it nightcrawlers (can get them @ Walmart by the bait cooler)... It (she) shed its skin... During the first part of the spring we released it to a pond by the cemetery by our house. Sankes love voids! Graves would be perfect, pond too! :-O

If you like snakes too... Spring time up in Winnipeg (interlakes region) is the mecca for garter snakes. We are thinking about hitting the dens this year in May.

Apparently the town got its name from a "passing observer who saw many lizards sunning and licking themselves on a rail fence

many lizards would gather near a still to catch flies that were attracted to the mash used to make the whiskey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_Lick,_North_Carolina

I am not sure I trust Wikipedia! How did French Lick, Indiana gets its name? Many French man would gather on a fence and lick each other?

;-P ;-P

wrong side of the rivER my ass...former-MIDLO Representin', bitches

yes, well the great unwashed on that side of the James does pronounce it River :nana: . Over here on the landed gentry side(and in Ashland where Mr. Info resides), it is pronounced rivUH! :thumbsup:

And I am still excited!

Edited by plenzmd1

We did even @ one time house a garter snake I caught @ work in the fall... We kept it through the winter feeding it nightcrawlers (can get them @ Walmart by the bait cooler)... It (she) shed its skin... During the first part of the spring we released it to a pond by the cemetery by our house. Sankes love voids! Graves would be perfect, pond too! :-O

I once released a friggin' huge garter snake in the mess hall at summer camp during the middle of lunch. Never heard so much screaming in my life.