Jim Kelly coming home - anyone going to meet the plane?

blzrul

It would be a nice gesture but I think because of the significance of this weekend to Jim and his family, it's probably better to send him a letter or email....or better yet make a donation to his foundation.

Agreed. The better time to meet his plane is when he comes home after being declared cancer free.

graham is reporting that the family gave him permission to share the date and time.

and given this tweet from jill kelly, it certainly sounds like they're encouraging people to show up:

https://twitter.com/...9907200/photo/1

If that's the case and the family is encouraging people to be there, then by ALL means, jam the airfield and let the well-wishing begin!

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Actually there's an article with a tweet that implies it would mean a lot to Kelly and family to have a turnout. I shared it in Shoutbox, probably a mistake since they seem to all think it's Facebook or something, talking about cats and cookies and crap. But, carry on.

Actually there's an article with a tweet that implies it would mean a lot to Kelly and family to have a turnout. I shared it in Shoutbox, probably a mistake since they seem to all think it's Facebook or something, talking about cats and cookies and crap. But, carry on.

How about my post two above yours?

This flight is a sure thing. I would be there if I still lived in WNY. Hoping there is a nice turnout.

Me, too.

Which is what I indicated in my second post when learning the family was actually encouraging people to come out.

This is an odd situation. Why try to get everyone out to the airport? It doesn't seem like Jim had any intentions of greeting the fans. I don't blame him one bit!

I think he called an audible!

@HJKforever

#12 has a quick HOMECOMING message for #BUFFALO and our amazing fans! WE ARE SO BLESSED by your love… http://instagram.com/p/m_Rl_aLIyV/

Thanks - he looks and sounds the same as ever. Somewhat pained, but strong.