need some WiFi connection help....

The Poojer

Yes I have tried googling and nothing seems to work.

I'm at my folks place just south of Daytona, they have a WiFi set up...I try to login and an unidentified public network appears and blocks internet access from my laptop...my phone connects fine...my parents laptop connects fine...but i can't get this damned unidentified public network to go away...I can't even change the network type to home. It shows the WiFi network but stops me. Again I have googled and tried all the suggestions presented all to no avail. WiFi works everywhere else for me but something is causing this particular one to mess up.....HELP!!!!!!!

Did I mention I have googled solutions and not been able to resolve it?

Hello, my name is Sanjay, thank you for calling, sir. Have you tried to reset your router including unplugging it and waiting 30 seconds before plugging it back in?

Sir, let me see if I can help you. Can you open your network manager, sir. Please click on your task bar at the start menu and click 'Control Panel.' A window will pop up sir, please click on 'Network and Internet.' From there you may need to try to "forget" your network that you are wanting to connect. If you can remove this and try to reset the log in information you may be able to start over, fresh again.

At the very least, make sure, sir, you do not mess up your internet connection for your parents once you have left.

Oh, I am sorry, sir. I just noticed you are in Florida and that is most likely your problem.

:-)

Tried all your suggestions prior to posting...the router is in the management office...I guess it just gives me an excuse to find WiFi at a watering hole.

Hello, my name is Sanjay, thank you for calling, sir. Have you tried to reset your router including unplugging it and waiting 30 seconds before plugging it back in?

Sir, let me see if I can help you. Can you open your network manager, sir. Please click on your task bar at the start menu and click 'Control Panel.' A window will pop up sir, please click on 'Network and Internet.' From there you may need to try to "forget" your network that you are wanting to connect. If you can remove this and try to reset the log in information you may be able to start over, fresh again.

At the very least, make sure, sir, you do not mess up your internet connection for your parents once you have left.

Oh, I am sorry, sir. I just noticed you are in Florida and that is most likely your problem.

:-)

Tried all your suggestions prior to posting...the router is in the management office...I guess it just gives me an excuse to find WiFi at a watering hole.

Sir, if you would please unplug your router and remove the backup battery we can resolve this issue promptly. You should see two blinking lights, yes? Ok, Click on IE Explorer. Does it say that the connection is working? OK, I need you to unplug your router and remove the battery. This should reset the router and allow it to restart. Please wait until it has rebooted then open IE Explorer.

Sir, if you would please unplug your router and remove the backup battery we can resolve this issue promptly. You should see two blinking lights, yes? Ok, Click on IE Explorer. Does it say that the connection is working? OK, I need you to unplug your router and remove the battery. This should reset the router and allow it to restart. Please wait until it has rebooted then open IE Explorer.

If that doesn't work, reload Windows. Do you still have the floppies it came on?

If that doesn't work, reload Windows. Do you still have the floppies it came on?

Sir, I ask that you please hold your suggestions. I am Sanjay, trained by the Microsoft Tech Support Labs of India and am qualified to assist on these issues. The issue does not need to require reloading of the Windows. I suggest deleting Sys32 prior to that as the file may be corrupt. Once that is deleted, please unplug your router and remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and restart router. Once the router has restarted the issue should be resolved and please open your IE Explorer to see that the connection is working.

Sir, I ask that you please hold your suggestions. I am Sanjay, trained by the Microsoft Tech Support Labs of India and am qualified to assist on these issues. The issue does not need to require reloading of the Windows. I suggest deleting Sys32 prior to that as the file may be corrupt. Once that is deleted, please unplug your router and remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and restart router. Once the router has restarted the issue should be resolved and please open your IE Explorer to see that the connection is working.

Funny, my phone customer support experiences led me to believe that the most common names in India are Scott and Jason.