Anyone else rooting for Atlanta to win the SB?

stevestojan

Now that Indy choked their way out of contention yet again, is anyone else not rooting for Pitts, and instead rooting for Atl?

Philly? Nah.. I mean, I don't hate em, but have no reason to love em, and I have a friend at work who is a Philly fan... and he lets me know about EVER Bills loss... (including newpaper clippings taped to my monitor on Monday Mornings).

New England? Yeah, right.

Pitts? I just have no reason to want them to win. Roethlisbereger will have a 15+ year successful career in this league... He can wait ...

Atl? I'm sorry, but I just like Vick. I'm not afraid to admit it: "My name is stevestojan, and I am a Mike Vick fan".

I doubt they win today, but it would be sweet if they did..

So, anyone else not rooting for Pitts to win the SB?

Screw the Falcons and their easy schedule! Look who they played this year and see who they lost to. Mick Vick takes a shot from Brian Dawkins and leaves the game early.

Falcons get exposed today.

Eagles 27 Falcons 13

Now that Indy choked their way out of contention yet again, is anyone else not rooting for Pitts, and instead rooting for Atl?

Philly? Nah.. I mean, I don't hate em, but have no reason to love em, and I have a friend at work who is a Philly fan... and he lets me know about EVER Bills loss... (including newpaper clippings taped to my monitor on Monday Mornings).

New England? Yeah, right.

Pitts? I just have no reason to want them to win. Roethlisbereger  will have a 15+ year successful career in this league... He can wait ...

Atl? I'm sorry, but I just like Vick. I'm not afraid to admit it: "My name is stevestojan, and I am a Mike Vick fan".

I doubt they win today, but it would be sweet if they did..

So, anyone else not rooting for Pitts to win the SB?

215152[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree with you about Vick. I live in Atlanta, so I see the guy play almost every week.......he's sick. His stats really don't jump out at you - other than the win/loss record. The guy is a game changer. You truly never know what he's going to do next. If he gets help from his D and ST, good luck winning the game. He's the Barry Sanders of quarterbacks.....he just does stuff nobody else can do. I think people underestimate the cohesiveness of this team.....Jim Mora, Jr was the perfect coach for this team. He and Vick are tight, and the rest of the team has really grown together as a group. Duckett was a slight problem child (maturity-wise) at first, but now they have an amazing rushing attack. I think Philly pulls out a win, but no way do the Falcons just lie down. Philly will have to earn this as much or more than any other victory they've had all year.

I don't really want any of these teams to win the Super Bowl....

A) I want Philly to lose. Sure we lost four super bowls, but at least we got there. If Philly loses today, they take the distinction of being the worst team in a big game from our SB year teams. I wish I could think of some clever acronym for EAGLES considering how many times I've heard the one for BILLS.

B) New England....enough said. I despise Miami, I hate the other two AFC East teams equally.

C) Pittsburgh, is there anybody who isn't a Steelers fan that actually likes the Steelers? The Steelers and their fans are right up there with Cowboys fans in terms of being annoying and band wagon jumping. Like stojan said, Roethlisberger can wait. Cowher wishes he was even close to being as good a coach as Belichick is.

D) I don't think Mike Vick is a good qb, but I won't hold that against Atlanta. They're from the NFC, they played the Rams to get to the Championship game. :rolleyes: I think their defense is pretty good, but the team is overrated. I do think they beat Philly today in that bad weather. Dome team or not, they're going to play smash mouth football in the snow and TJ Duckett is the perfect player to do it with. Brian Westbrook running between the tackles 20 something times? I don't think so.

I honestly think NE is going to win again, and that makes me sick.

Pittsburgh, is there anybody who isn't a Steelers fan that actually likes the Steelers? The Steelers and their fans are right up there with Cowboys fans in terms of being annoying and band wagon jumping.

I disagree.

Eagles fans are by far the most annoying in the NFL.

Steelers have great fans who are generally pretty classy, unlike eagles fans. I don't think steelers fans are any more bandwagon jumping than bills fans.

Anyone else rooting for Atlanta to win the SB?

215152[/snapback]

I'd like to see Philly win it all,

though I'm taking Atlanta & the points today.

I'd also like to see them beat the Pats in the Super Bowl,

cause that would be pretty funny,

almost as funny as Cowher losing another AFC Championship game at home. :rolleyes:

Actually, it turns out that I am. I want a Pittsburgh-Atlanta SB and Atlanta to win it. I am a Steelers fan for today only. I want to see Philly lose 4 straight Championship games just so there will be a weeks worth of endless comparisons to the Bills teams of the early 90's.

Screw the Falcons and their easy schedule! Look who they played this year and see who they lost to. Mick Vick takes a shot from Brian Dawkins and leaves the game early.

Falcons get exposed today.

Eagles 27  Falcons 13

215160[/snapback]

Yeah, but was Philly's schedule that much harder? In fact, I think their schedule was even easier than the Falcons.

Let's face it, someone needs to come out of that pathetic conference, and it might as well be a team whose fans aren't complete a-holes.

Yeah, but was Philly's schedule that much harder? In fact, I think their schedule was even easier than the Falcons.

Let's face it, someone needs to come out of that pathetic conference, and it might as well be a team whose fans aren't complete a-holes.

215229[/snapback]

I'm still not sure there really is such a thing as a true Falcons fan........there are so many transplants down here in Atlanta that it's like one big bandwagon festival whenever the team does well. I admit I do know a few folks who have been a fan of this team for many years, but since they sucked for so long there really aren't that many of them. It's kinda pathetic, actually.........but I'd love to see them take out the Iggles, if just for the same reason as Kasper above.

Atlanta is my second choice.

I'd like to see the Steelers win because their fans are so much like us (so is their city). OK, yeah, they have a bunch of championships already but they support their team as hardcore as we do.

Atlanta is a really lousy sports town overall from what I hear, while NE and Philly have some of the most obnoxious fans of all time. I could stomach Philly winning the SB just because I like Donovan McNabb (and his Chunky Soup) so really anyone but NE will be fine with me this year.

I just can't root for New England or Pittsburgh. Can't do it. Now that Indy is out I'm hoping Philly pulls it off. They just match up better with either team in the AFC. What I mean by that is that Atlanta hasn't really played anyone this year and I think Philly's defense can hang with The Pats or the Steelers better. But, it doesn't matter the AFC will win the Superbowl regardless of who is there.