Ever go to WMS?

Ennjay

Did you ever attend a Bills game at War Memorial Stadium?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever attend a Bills game at War Memorial Stadium?

• Yes
    • No

The thread about favorite teams before the Bills and the one about ages got me wondering: how many posters on this Board ever actually saw a game at the Rockpile?

I remember at least four for myself: the heavy snow game against Cincinnatti that Booker Edgerson won with a touchdown fumble recovery off a cornerback blitz on Greg Cook; the Preston Ridlehuber TD pass game when the Bills beat the Patriots OJ's rookie year; and preseason games against Detroit and, in Reuben Gant's rookie year, the St. Louis Cardinals ( I can't remember anything else about those games themselves except that the Bills lost).

How many of us remember sitting in WMS?

Too young to ever see a Bills game there as they moved when I was one. I did see 100's of Bisons games there from 1979-1987. Great old stadium. Even though it was a dump, there was something special about it. It had character and history if nothing else. It was also easy to get free baseballs & tons of autographs. I still miss it to this day.

Saw the Bills there a few times & the Bisons many times.....

I remember the the Havana Sugar Kings & later the Jersey City Jerseys :rolleyes:

I was a little kid & went to the 12/28/63 'playoff' game vs the Boston Patriots by myself. froze my butt off only to see us lose to Babe Parilli's Pats.... Sadly I attended Kellys last game @Rich in the same date, only in '96. :D

My older sister took me too the Afl championship,,Bills vs. Chargers.. Saw the "hit heard round the world" right in front of me..Got the program, still from that game :devil: My Dad before he past took me to a lot of Bisons games there. I drive past there every once and a while..lotsa memories,, :D;)

I went to many games at WMS. I remember you could bring in pretty much anything. Guys would bring in coolers full of beer and get hammered before halftime. I remember OJs rookie season and how bad our team was back then, in the early seventies. In 1973, team moved to Rich and OJ had 2003.