The Next Russel Wilson Is ??

I believe a sleeper QB is Conner Shaw. I like Murray but he is not a sleeper

I like Connor Shaw as well. He's a tough leader. I only question his durability. I could think of worse things to do with a late round pick.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a sleeper QB is Conner Shaw. I like Murray but he is not a sleeper

Hey! That's my drum your beating. Most productive QB ever at South Carolina, and threw 24 TDs, 1 Int, and 163 QBR in the SEC. What more can you ask for? Oh yeah... Guy is tough as nails and will play hurt.

Seattle's OL was horrible last year.

Seattle's pass blocking was the worst in the NFL last year; however, their run blocking (after adjustments) graded out 9th in the NFL and they were 4th in rushing yards. The real difference here is that they had a defense that gave up just over 270 yards a game (1st), 14 points a game (1st), were 1st in interceptions, were 4th in forced fumbles, 3rd in first downs allowed, 8th in opponents 3rd down conversions. Russell Wilson certainly made plays with his feet and his arm behind a pourous offensive line when he had to drop back to pass - but he also had some pretty bad plays and games, as all young quarterbacks do. I think he has talent, but he has not had to carry that team in any way in his first two years in the league. Let me see where he is at in five years - and particularly when he has to carry an average team.

Seattle's pass blocking was the worst in the NFL last year; however, their run blocking (after adjustments) graded out 9th in the NFL and they were 4th in rushing yards. The real difference here is that they had a defense that gave up just over 270 yards a game (1st), 14 points a game (1st), were 1st in interceptions, were 4th in forced fumbles, 3rd in first downs allowed, 8th in opponents 3rd down conversions. Russell Wilson certainly made plays with his feet and his arm behind a pourous offensive line when he had to drop back to pass - but he also had some pretty bad plays and games, as all young quarterbacks do. I think he has talent, but he has not had to carry that team in any way in his first two years in the league. Let me see where he is at in five years - and particularly when he has to carry an average team.

Agreed on pretty much all accounts.

It might not even be 5 years. They're going to have to pay a pretty penny to guys like Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor (again), and especially Wilson in the next year or two.

Seattle's pass blocking was the worst in the NFL last year; however, their run blocking (after adjustments) graded out 9th in the NFL and they were 4th in rushing yards.

The real difference here is Russell Wilson certainly made plays with his feet and his arm.

they had a defense that gave up just over 270 yards a game (1st), 14 points a game (1st), were 1st in interceptions, were 4th in forced fumbles, 3rd in first downs allowed, 8th in opponents 3rd down conversions. - but he also had some pretty bad plays and games, as all young quarterbacks do. (all 3 of them as the Seahawks went 13-3) I think he has talent, but he has not had to carry that team in any way in his first two years in the league. Let me see where he is at in five years - and particularly when he has to carry an average team.

Fixed!

It also helps to have a QB that can run like Wilson can when needed, and make plays when the line breaks down. Thus taking away an extra defender on that opposing defense because they need to set a spy on the QB. It also helped to have a road grader at RB who can carry 3 defenders on him to make his yards.

Despite the supposed poor play of that Seahawk offense they still managed to be #8 in points in the entire league, and go 13-3. Wilson threw for 3357 yards and 26 TD's. Lynch 1257 yards, 12 TD's.

This super bowl winning Seahawk team didn't even have a 1000 yard receiver (Baldwin 50 catches for 778 yards & Tate 64 catches for 898 yards), or even a pass catching TE (Miller 33 for 387 yards) like the Bills Chandler.... yet now the Bills need a great TE (Ebron) or WR (Watkins-Evans) to win games.

I say horsehockey!! If the Bills had a QB anywhere near as good as Russell Wilson they make the playoffs last year.

Fixed!

It also helps to have a QB that can run like Wilson can when needed, and make plays when the line breaks down. Thus taking away an extra defender on that opposing defense because they need to set a spy on the QB. It also helped to have a road grader at RB who can carry 3 defenders on him to make his yards.

Despite the supposed poor play of that Seahawk offense they still managed to be #8 in points in the entire league, and go 13-3. Wilson threw for 3357 yards and 26 TD's. Lynch 1257 yards, 12 TD's.

This super bowl winning Seahawk team didn't even have a 1000 yard receiver (Baldwin 50 catches for 778 yards & Tate 64 catches for 898 yards), or even a pass catching TE (Miller 33 for 387 yards) like the Bills Chandler.... yet now the Bills need a great TE (Ebron) or WR (Watkins-Evans) to win games.

I say horsehockey!! If the Bills had a QB anywhere near as good as Russell Wilson they make the playoffs last year.

I pretty much stand behind what I wrote with no corrections needed, thank you. You are cetainly welcome to your opinion. However, my opinion is that Russell Wilson, while talented, was not the difference between Seattle getting to and winning the superbowl - and not getting there and and not winning it.