Watkins and Evans wont be there at 9

Based on the "tea leaves" and all the talk out there post these pro day workouts...and just my gut....this is your top 8:

Texans: Clowney

Rams: Robinson

Jags: Manziel

Browns: Mack

Raiders: Evans

Falcons: Matthews

Bucs: Watkins

Vikes: Bortles

Leaving us with........????

We're going to have to find a way to swap with the Raiders or Falcons if we want Watkins or Evans.

I can't see Oakland taking Mike Evans at #9...they have way too many other needs to take a WR that early, especially with how deep this WR class is.

I can see them going after a Donte Moncrief or Cody Latimer later on...or, I could see them taking Ebron actually.

Either way, I see no reason for the Bills to trade UP this year...if anything, trade down...this draft class is stocked with talent.

Awful "gut". Almost every draft board and mock draft that I've read has Bortles the top QB pick and going first in the draft. Sure, Clowney and Robinson round out your top-3, but Manziel isn't going that high. Try this instead:

Texans - Bortles. They are NOT sitting for a season wtih Ryan Fitzpatrick playing QB. Clowney is the best athlete, but they NEED a QB.

Rams - Robinson. Don't disagree with this pick as their line has been atrocious. They could trade the pick as well for someone that wants Clowney.

Jaguars - If Clowney is still here, the Jaguars won't pass on him.

Browns - Manziel/Bridgewater. Brian Hoyer is not going to be the starter for this team. Alex Tanner is #2? Really?

Raiders - Watkins. Trading for Matt Schaub tells me that they'll be looking for a weapon for him.

Falcons - Mack. Best player in the draft (not the best athlete), and their defense needs help.

Bucs - Manziel/Bridgewater. Here's another team with a POS chunk in McCown as the #1 QB on their roster. Not happening.

Buffalo will be left with good options at #9. Matthews, Ebron, Evans, Lewan, Barr. There's a ton of players that would make an immediate impact for the Bills.

Awful "gut". Almost every draft board and mock draft that I've read has Bortles the top QB pick and going first in the draft. Sure, Clowney and Robinson round out your top-3, but Manziel isn't going that high. Try this instead:

Texans - Bortles. They are NOT sitting for a season wtih Ryan Fitzpatrick playing QB. Clowney is the best athlete, but they NEED a QB.

Rams - Robinson. Don't disagree with this pick as their line has been atrocious. They could trade the pick as well for someone that wants Clowney.

Jaguars - If Clowney is still here, the Jaguars won't pass on him.

Browns - Manziel/Bridgewater. Brian Hoyer is not going to be the starter for this team. Alex Tanner is #2? Really?

Raiders - Watkins. Trading for Matt Schaub tells me that they'll be looking for a weapon for him.

Falcons - Mack. Best player in the draft (not the best athlete), and their defense needs help.

Bucs - Manziel/Bridgewater. Here's another team with a POS chunk in McCown as the #1 QB on their roster. Not happening.

Buffalo will be left with good options at #9. Matthews, Ebron, Evans, Lewan, Barr. There's a ton of players that would make an immediate impact for the Bills.

Mike Glennon was better than Manuel last season. McCown has been named the starter but I don't know if they'll give up on Glennon.

Mike Glennon was better than Manuel last season. McCown has been named the starter but I don't know if they'll give up on Glennon.

I don't think McCown has been named the starer but will be given chance to win starting job

I don't see the Bucs taking a WR but I can see the Raiders taking one as they desperately need one

I'd have no problem with the Bills taking Ebron at 9

I don't think McCown has been named the starer but will be given chance to win starting job

I don't see the Bucs taking a WR but I can see the Raiders taking one as they desperately need one

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/12/lovie-smith-josh-mccown-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Lovie Smith said McCown would be his starter at a presser. I'd have no problem with taking Ebron at 9. I think Watkins will be targeted by teams. If he's available at 5 I don't think Oakland passes on him.

They could get the best player (Clowney). Then draft Carr at 33. Look at most new mocks. All of a sudden its Clowney at 1......Obrien comes out and says they will draft one. Does that have to mean with the first pick?

No way Bucs are going QB.

Regardless, this thread is about my belief the 2 guys most really want (including me) will be gone..up to now its assumed one would be there. I think the Bills know this to. We apparently are looking at DJax and brought in Kenny Britt already.

And the thought of taking Ebron 9 does not excite me at all. His run blocking is poor and for a team that runs 52 percent of the time...

Im looking to trade down to mid teens if this happens. ....not saying I would but it should seriously be considered. Ebron very well could still be there at 13-16.

That's different from what I remember reading when he was signed but there it is.

Its dumb to name a 34 y/o career backup starter in March but if that's their plan. I guarantee it's a different story at the end of the year but that's another conversation.

They could get the best player (Clowney). Then draft Carr at 33. Look at most new mocks. All of a sudden its Clowney at 1......Obrien comes out and says they will draft one. Does that have to mean with the first pick?

And the thought of taking Ebron 9 does not excite me at all. His run blocking is poor and for a team that runs 52 percent of the time...

Im looking to trade down to mid teens if this happens. ....not saying I would but it should seriously be considered. Ebron very well could still be there at 13-16.

Carr will not be there at 33. I'm not buying he climbs into top 10 as some are suggesting but I don't see him lasting to second round

If Bills want Ebron they should take him at 9 bc I don't think he lasts much longer and could go to Giants at 12. TE's don't need to be great run blockers in today's NFL. I'd take his run blocking if he ends up being the weapon most think he will be

I can't believe the draft is still more then a month away

Edited by Max997

That's different from what I remember reading when he was signed but there it is.

Its dumb to name a 34 y/o career backup starter in March but if that's their plan. I guarantee it's a different story at the end of the year but that's another conversation.

Carr will not be there at 33. I'm not buying he climbs into top 10 as some are suggesting but I don't see him lasting to second round

If Bills want Ebron they should take him at 9 bc I don't think he lasts much longer and could go to Giants at 12. TE's don't need to be great run blockers in today's NFL. I'd take his run blocking if he ends up being the weapon most think he will be

I can't believe the draft is still more then a month away

Ebron is a good run blocker. Very solid.

He's just not very special knowing that Austin S-Jenkins, Jace Amaro, and Troy Niklas are just as good as Ebron and one will be there at #41 it's a huge reach to take Ebron at #9 overall.

That and I just read and reposting a tidbit about Ebron's drop rate.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46280/349/peshek-te-metrics

11.43%. Not what you want from a TE being taken uncharacteristically at #9 overall.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm right with you OP if Evans and Watkins are gone there is no one that I love at #9.

I think if that happens you go with the best tackle prospect on your board.

Not sexy but extremely necessary.

Just not Lewan. For the record I was for trading for Rapeslisberger. What Lewan did is almost more disgusting he told a young woman who thinks she was rapped to drop the chargers or "he will rape her again." And the claim is from multiple sources including his teammates. That is just too much even for me.

+1

Good response. Ebron is basically another big posession WR who can block. Why not. If we get Britt, and then Ebron, we can focus on the line for 2nd and 3 rd rounds.

With our free agency, that makes us much better.

Because Jace Amaro, Troy Niklas or ASJ will be there at #41 and all are as equally good as Ebron. Many beat his combine numbers. Ebron is overhyped and will be overdrafted as compared to the other TEs.

Jace Amaro in the right system will likely have the best receiving stats as a rookie. Then you look at what you could have done with #9 overall pick and kick yourself.

Edited by Why So Serious?