Buffalo Media - giving credit where it is due

I have been one to take issue a bit on here about the media, either the Buffalo News reporters or WGR (mostly WGR). I have to give credit where it is due - the handling of Ralph Wilson's passing (as well as Jim Kelly's plight) over the past couple days - I am blown away by the amount and quality of coverage as well as the number and diverse group of guests (local and national) they have had on the various shows. The BN articles have been top notch. First class all the way. Thanks, Buffalo media.

I'm a fan of John Murphy and Sal. Not so much the other guys. Happy that there is coverage though. If I flipped to WGR and they were talking Sabres during all of this I would have flipped out

I hear ya... that's why I was so impressed. I usually feel the same way but the content on WGR has been amazing.

I love the names of the past coming in to speak. I mean, Marlon Kerner!? Where did they find him?! Fred Smerlas? All of these guys we were so attached to at one point now just gone to the back of the room.

WGR needs to remember to bring these guys on from time to time.

Also, Steve Tasker is probably the most under appreciated guy in the media / former player there is. He has been on Sirius and numerous other sites and one of the guys let it slip that media is contacting him and he's getting ahold of former players to have the media interview so it's not all coming from one dude. That's class.

Im in total agreement. I almost feel bad for the enjoyment Ive had over the past 24 hours listening and reading. WGR550 has come up w/ some great out of the box guests. The stories have been phenomenal.

Ive gathered two things over the last day and a half.

1. Ralph was a closet philanthropist.

2. Amazing moments in my life have occurred around Buffalo Bills football.

I have been one to take issue a bit on here about the media, either the Buffalo News reporters or WGR (mostly WGR). I have to give credit where it is due - the handling of Ralph Wilson's passing (as well as Jim Kelly's plight) over the past couple days - I am blown away by the amount and quality of coverage as well as the number and diverse group of guests (local and national) they have had on the various shows. The BN articles have been top notch. First class all the way. Thanks, Buffalo media.

Except for, like usual, Sully's article. Where he has to bring up old insults he tossed at Ralph on the day Ralph dies.

That article may have been more appropriate for the Sunday edition, after a few days passed.

Except for, like usual, Sully's article. Where he has to bring up old insults he tossed at Ralph on the day Ralph dies.

That article may have been more appropriate for the Sunday edition, after a few days passed.

He can't help making everything about himself.

Nostalgia they can do.

Reporting they cannot.

Why does Toronto have the definitive "future" article?

http://m.torontosun.com/2014/03/26/bills-to-stay-in-buffalo-until-at-least-2020?token=fb7c0ad51e287f8d459eab11a8bc9452

The WGR boys are too busy playing grabass on Twitter and the Buffalo News reporters have fallen asleep.

+1...not necessarily in your first sentence, but the remainder, I agree. And, might I say, a testament to character when someone can come on this board - who frequents it otherwise - and be honest about their bent and then acknowledge a turn against the grain. Well done Sir.

and Bucky's column today......Like others have said...let some time pass

it's an article giving perspective. i think that is one of the medias' most important tasks. could it have waited? maybe but it's difficult when canonization seems the next logical step based on most reports.

I had mixed feelings about Sully's article. I admit part of it did sting a bit, especially since it was published the day of his death. But Sully was true to himself and how he has covered RW over the years, he didn't throw all that out and focus only on the good things just because he died. I think that is an important part of journalism. He was candid, although I don't always agree with what he writes about, being a Bills fan, and one who (somehow) always seems to find a way to justify the negative, it is sometimes is hard to read. Sometimes, I believe, what he writes about is unjustified and just for clicks. But I feel it was a balanced article and Sully stayed true to his views despite the circumstances yet allowed himself to be open to the good things RW has done and not focus entirely on the other side. I trust that there are Bils fans who agree with Sully. It seemed a bit harsh to me, but I am a bit of a homer.

Nostalgia they can do.

Reporting they cannot.

Why does Toronto have the definitive "future" article?

http://m.torontosun....59eab11a8bc9452

The WGR boys are too busy playing grabass on Twitter and the Buffalo News reporters have fallen asleep.

I think they are just letting a bit of time pass, I do think they have addressed it on the radio though. Buffalo was naturally going to react differently than Toronto.

I had mixed feelings about Sully's article. I admit part of it did sting a bit, especially since it was published the day of his death. But Sully was true to himself and how he has covered RW over the years, he didn't throw all that out and focus only on the good things just because he died. I think that is an important part of journalism. He was candid, although I don't always agree with what he writes about, being a Bills fan, and one who (somehow) always seems to find a way to justify the negative, it is sometimes is hard to read. Sometimes, I believe, what he writes about is unjustified and just for clicks. But I feel it was a balanced article and Sully stayed true to his views despite the circumstances yet allowed himself to be open to the good things RW has done and not focus entirely on the other side. I trust that there are Bills fans who agree with Sully. It seemed a bit harsh to me, but I am a bit of a homer.

I think they are just letting a bit of time pass, I do think they have addressed it on the radio though. Buffalo was naturally going to react differently than Toronto.

Yes Sully (spits after saying his name) is consistent in being a PoS. Atleast he has that going for him.