Today I cried.....

I'm sure someone has posted this before, but I hadn't seen it till now. Nice piece by Rick Reilly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10549870/former-buffalo-bills-quarterback-jim-kelly-patiently-endures-cancer-loss

I usually can't stand Reilly but that was excellent. Seeing Jimbo in a hospital bed and knowing that damned disease is back has hit me really hard. I grew up watching that man and I know he can beat this again. I don't think I would still be a Bills fan if it wasn't for him, because I'm not sure there would still be a team there. Kick it's ass Jim.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Christian I have hope in Jims recovery. It is to his God I also pray. In the Bible the book of Philippians chapter 2:19-24 say the following:

19 for I know that through your prayers and Gods provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

As I said I too am praying for his recovery. Jim will live with Christ Jesus if he does pass from this and we will all will miss him. Yet if it is not his time He will live out his Life for Christ. Either way, know that the family is at peace!

AMEN !

Right there with you Willyville. It's amazing how two men I've never met have touched my life.

Met JK twice back in the day for autographs...he was a nice guy; granted I was like 14 years old....

RW waived at me once before a game when he was on his way to his suite by the players entrance...

Still kind of torn up with my childhood hero fighting for his life and now this....

I definitely feel like I lost a big part of me....

Right there with you Willyville. It's amazing how two men I've never met have touched my life.

Same here. I've had a couple of super brief encounters with Jimbo, but it's all that's on my mind..........And, then the day that we've been dreading for years comes.

It's been a tough week. Jim Kelly was the reason i became a Bills fan, a football fan, really. I'm 29 years old, right around 1990 is when i started to understand the game and really become a fan. Can't fathom saying goodbye to Kelly. Ralph will be missed, as well. He kept our Bills in Buffalo, hope it stays that way.

I now fully realize what Jim Kelly means to me. He's not just a Former player from my favorite team or a HOF QB but instead he is a man that represents an awful lot of who I am and what I believe in. I just came across this article this morning and it seems that it might be a little outdated but it still doesn't lessen the impact that it has on me. It's great to see his HOF friends rally around him. I guess they really are HOFers. Please, pray for him.

http://www.wgrz.com/...ens-up/6719277/

Today I cried.

Because now I fully realize what Mr. Ralph Wilson Jr. meant to the game of football.

He's not just a WW2 vet , he was a man who reps what Buffalo is all about.

If not for him and Lamar Hunt there might not have been an AFL. The AFL changed how the game was PLAYED.

I ask , did anybody love the game more than Ralph did? Did anybody deserved to lift up the Vince Lombardi more than he??

RIP Ralph, the NFL would not be the NFL without you.

Thank you.

If you didn't cry at Kelly's HOF speech something is wrong with you.

I was there & did...just an incredibly sad day with the passing of Ralph Wilson and the news that Jim Kelly is fighting an uphill battle against the cancer we all thought was eradicated on the first go-around