Should Our Military Have Scaled Brokeback Mountain?

Can you even give the time and temperature without throwing personal insults? I know you are encouraged because Tasker took your side but can you present a argument with out this dip **** crap?

With you, no. At least not until you say something of merit. So far you've brought nothing to this conversation other than hate and shameful ignorance. So, if you want me to stop calling you out for what you truly are (read: a mouth breathing idiot who brings nothing of value to this community) then you should step your game up on here.

With you, no. At least not until you say something of merit. So far you've brought nothing to this conversation other than hate and shameful ignorance. So, if you want me to stop calling you out for what you truly are (read: a mouth breathing idiot who brings nothing of value to this community) then you should step your game up on here.

Just Right on your way of talking . Personnel insults.No need for concern your pal Tasker will be here shortly to back you. Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Just Right on your way of talking . Personnel insults.No need for concern your pal Tasker will be here shortly to back you.

Some would read that as an insult. Others would read it as a challenge to actually post things that make the community better. Let's see which one you choose.

if rape is all about power & dominance, then how does that square with the fact that date rape is one of the most pervasive forms of sexual assault? how is it dominating someone to get them to drunk or to slip them a couple rufinols so that they pass out cold? wouldn't a sexual assault based on a power trip require the victim to know they were being victimized? I think to lump all rape cases as being about dominance instead of depraved sexuality on the part of the offender is misguided.

if rape is all about power & dominance, then how does that square with the fact that date rape is one of the most pervasive forms of sexual assault?

It's important to keep in mind we're talking about the psychological machinations that take place in the mind of a sexual predator. Date rape might seem to be a different animal but it most assuredly is not. Date rape, drugging women to have sex with them, all stems from a deeper psychosis that is NOT about sexuality in any way shape or form. It's about someone wanting to exert dominance over the other -- whether they consciously know that or not, doesn't change the mechanisms in play.

To put it another way, the men who are performing date rapes aren't "normal" guys who just got too sauced to know better, they are either sexual predators whetting their beaks with what will become a life long obsession (look at repeat offender statistics for date rapers) OR under the influence of alcohol / narcotics -- which is not a legal defense or a psychological one.

how is it dominating someone to get them to drunk or to slip them a couple rufinols so that they pass out cold? wouldn't a sexual assault based on a power trip require the victim to know they were being victimized?

How is it NOT dominating someone when you incapacitate them in order to use their body as you see fit? That's the definition of domination. Also, you're making the mistake of assuming the sexual predators are aware of their motivations at all time. Date rapers stalk their pray and attack like animals, which is what most of these monsters end up becoming if left unchecked or if their behavior is excused or rationalized away as being "guys being guys" which is what happens with a lot of date-rape situations.

I think to lump all rape cases as being about dominance instead of depraved sexuality on the part of the offender is misguided.

It's far more dangerous to ignore the psychological realities of sexual assault. Claiming that rape is about sex is just factually incorrect. Truth isn't a democracy, it doesn't care about your opinion, only facts. And the facts in this matter are overwhelming -- though extremely depressing so it's not surprising more people don't know them.

It's far more dangerous to ignore the psychological realities of sexual assault. Claiming that rape is about sex is just factually incorrect. Truth isn't a democracy, it doesn't care about your opinion, only facts. And the facts in this matter are overwhelming -- though extremely depressing so it's not surprising more people don't know them.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not necessarily trying to disagree. It's just difficult to fathom the logic in the notion that all sexual assault is about power and none of it is about sex.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not necessarily trying to disagree. It's just difficult to fathom the logic in the notion that all sexual assault is about power and none of it is about sex.

The perpetrator is forcing physical domination on someone who doesn't want it, and creating a victim in the process.

What about that that doesn't speak to exerting power, and dominating someone? Do you honestly believe that someone with a "normal" psychological profile could do something like that?

The perpetrator is forcing physical domination on someone who doesn't want it, and creating a victim in the process.

What about that that doesn't speak to exerting power, and dominating someone? Do you honestly believe that someone with a "normal" psychological profile could do something like that?

I understand the forcing physical domination part just fine, and it most certainly does have everything to do with exerting power and dominating someone. no, I do not believe that someone with a normal psychological profile could do something like that.

why then does bullying exist without the need for the domination to manifest in the form of a sexual assault? why is sex the chosen means to dominate when there are so many other means for doing so?

I understand the forcing physical domination part just fine, and it most certainly does have everything to do with exerting power and dominating someone. no, I do not believe that someone with a normal psychological profile could do something like that.

why then does bullying exist without the need for the domination to manifest in the form of a sexual assault? why is sex the chosen means to dominate when there are so many other means for doing so?

Thank you for eloquently stating what I could not.

And Greg, to your point of the guy with stuff shoved in his anal cavity, I wouldn't consider that the same thing. Shoving a dildo in someone's ass and shoving your member in someone's ass are two vastly different scenarios.

Edited by FireChan

I'm not a psychologist nor do I have a degree in this field whatsoever -- so I don't want to be making any absolute claims other than the headline that power/dominance is the primary motivator. I cannot say that sex doesn't factor into it the attacker's mind at all -- I'm sure for early offenders it might appear that way to them. I can only relay what I've learned from lectures and researching the issues with local and federal law enforcement personnel for my work. I know there are more than a few officers that post on here, I'd love for one of them to chime in because they would more than likely know more than me about the technical aspects of your questions.

There are plenty of sexual sadists who find sexual release in acts of violence -- particularly crimes of penetration (stabbings). Most of the times these attackers themselves are impotent or incapable of expressing their sexual urges normally and seek out violence as means of release. More often than not, these predators have long histories of sexual assault that started at a young age. Often times their targets later in life are male while early on in their lives their targets were female. This "swing" in sexual preference of targets is not uncommon and has less to do with the sexuality of the attacker than it does with particular psychosis.

Thank you for eloquently stating what I could not.

And Greg, to your point of the guy with stuff shoved in his anal cavity, I wouldn't consider that the same thing. Shoving a dildo in someone's ass and shoving your member in someone's ass are two vastly different scenarios.

It seems like there's a difference between those two acts, but there really is not -- at least when you're talking about sexual assault. As I said above, a lot of sexual sadists are impotent and incapable of rape, which is why they devolve into predators that like to torture and stab to get the same release they used to get from sexual assault. But in both cases, before being impotent and after, the release they may think is sexual, is actually coming from a different part of the brain and isn't sexual in nature. I know that sounds backwards, which is why someone with a better grasp of the neurological processes can probably explain it better than I am.

Edited by GreggyT

Another thing to consider, as you are defining rape in your mind:

There are bad laws that work to define rape as something inconsistent to aggression, which may be working against logic in this thread:

A drunk male and a drunk female having consensual sex is one, an 18 year old having consentual sex with a 16 year old is another.

Good to know Tasker and Gregg have this whole rape thing figured out. Question is, since you know everything what are you going to do about it?

What are we going to do about what? The fact that there are violent predators in the world?

I didn't realize that we were establishing a Global Anti-Rape Cousel in this thread, much less that Gregg and I were being tasked with heading it up.

With that said, I'd say putting laws in place that make it easier to report rape without fear of career ending consequences is a good start.

I'm not a psychologist nor do I have a degree in this field whatsoever -- so I don't want to be making any absolute claims other than the headline that power/dominance is the primary motivator. I cannot say that sex doesn't factor into it the attacker's mind at all -- I'm sure for early offenders it might appear that way to them. I can only relay what I've learned from lectures and researching the issues with local and federal law enforcement personnel for my work. I know there are more than a few officers that post on here, I'd love for one of them to chime in because they would more than likely know more than me about the technical aspects of your questions.

you may not be a psychologist, but at least you're making an effort to help me see your side, and I appreciate that. you've given me something to think about.

Another thing to consider, as you are defining rape in your mind:

to be honest, I'll probably never be able to completely separate sex from rape as a motivator in my mind, but both you and Greg both make a good case. I'm not trying to argue so much as I'm trying to understand.

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/17/2014 at 7:58 PM, Tiberius said:

Gay soldiers frolicking hither and yon about military bases smelling the flowers shows how week we are, and all at the same time....

Gay monsters are running rampant sexual dominating the now helpless and week straight soldiers.

GOPUSA and WND are sure on the ball!

All this & you have no idea how big of a ass hat you truly are holy s**t ... Man if you only knew how lost you really are !! 

No matter what the thought of those that disagree with this post & the article presented with in it our military has suffered in ways that some think is okay .

For god sake the Marines the unit that use to be one of the baddest pieces of the US military the guys that usually are the first ones in & in a lot of cases the first to be sent home in body bags because some ass hat politician now have put in place mood badges WTF let me say that again MOOD BADGES WTF !!!!! 

There has to be some kind of line or rules some way some how decisions made use to have consequences but that's a huge part of the problem no one wants consequences for their decisions they want the rules to resemble their decisions & to hell with everything else put in place .

I don't have any problem with people making their own personal decisions on how they want to live until they push their beliefs on me and want to MAKE ME change my moral or life convictions to match or include theirs . 

It is as if no rules rule if you don't like the rules B word then B word louder then if that doesn't work get a small group of like minded people to B word until those that want your vote change the rules so eventually there are none because you are hurting my feelings .

Example: My Step son is a coach of a T ball team the rule is every kid gets a game ball . One child refuses to bat & when he does hit refuses to run the bases but then just runs all over the field causing chaos during the game but this kid is the only one that hasn't yet received a game ball 🤔 but the kid in the game that has hit 2 HR's & put out 3 people (but has already gotten his game ball due to his good play & following the rules) doesn't get a game ball because the little un parented kid that causes all the BS needs to get a game ball . I ASK WHY ? (with a whiny ass voice) because every one deserves a game ball that plays ... WTF !!! 

Welcome to the new future American dream & if we wonder why things are the way they are in the military & in general please read the example paragraph again . And if you still wonder why after reading it 2 times you are part of the problem not a part of the solution !!