Should Our Military Have Scaled Brokeback Mountain?

I would say that there is a causation between mental problems and suicide.

You would be wrong. First of all, you haven't defined mental problems; and that's not even the argument you were making. You made an argument that mental problems were the singular cause of suicide; which is patently false.

Can there be exceptions? I suppose so.

You suppose that there can be exceptions? You haven't even demonstrated causation yet. Start there, then build your hypothesis; not the other way around.

I would also say that there is a correlation between transgenders and mental problems.

Data????

While transgenderism didn't cause the suicide the mental problems that caused the transgenderism was the causation of the suicide.

So...

So now you've expanded on your gut feelings... with no data to back them... and have catagorized transgenderism as a disease?

On what authority?

I have shown that 40% of transgenders have attempted suicide.

No you haven't. You source is in no way affirmative.

An even higher percentage have mental problems.

Again, data???

You've yet to demonstrate that suicide's primary root cause is "mental problems", further, you've yet to define what "metal problems" are. At this point any reasonable reader can only believe you to have come up with a solution, and then invented a problem to suit it. Your whole approach to this has been backwards.

I don't think we should expect the average serviceman to go into combat with someone who has a good chance of having mental problems.

Again, show causation, define mental problems, and quit assigning group identities to individuals.

Where do you house Private Klinger who still has his dick but identifies as a woman?

There have been many more sexual assault complaints over the last few years. Assaults against males are more common place than against females.

Somehow I doubt that.

Private Klinger will sleep wherever his commanding officer tells him to sleep.

http://depts.washington.edu/mhreport/facts_suicide.php

"The great majority of people who experience a mental illness do not die by suicide. However, of those who die from suicide, more than 90 percent have a diagnosable mental disorder."

Somehow I doubt that.

Private Klinger will sleep wherever his commanding officer tells him to sleep.

The OP has a link to an article that you might want to read.

I take it you didn't follow through on the findings to see what's behind the number?

Aarin Belkin, who heads The Palm Center, which studies gays and lesbians in the military, said “very few” male-on-male perpetrators are gay, saying such incidents are “somewhat similar to prison rape.”

“It is important to try as hard as possible to eliminate sexual assaults from the military, but I don’t think that procedural reforms will do much to lower the incidence rate unless military culture changes dramatically,” said Mr. Belkin, whose 2012 book “Bring Me Men,” included a case study on male-on-male rape in the military.

How is that a answer to my question?

Your question was used as a medium to reassertion your premise.

I've skipped a step to save us time.

See my above posts about the reason for the increase in reported sex assaults.

The only refutation of what I've posited, is what I've asked you in my last post.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Your question was used as a medium to reassertion your premise.

I've skipped a step to save us time.

See my above posts about the reason for the increase in reported sex assaults.

The only refutation of what I've posited, is what I've asked you in my last post.

so we all must accept increased reporting as the cause of the higher rape numbers as fact? No real increase, just more reporting? Says who?

Ah liberal exaggerations. En masse. rape crusade. Perfect. Do you really find it hard to believe that homosexual rape went up when the number of homosexuals increased?

You haven't read anything posted here...

Read, you !@#$ing retard.

Given the massive increase in reporting of male on male rape, one of two senarios is possible.

1) huge masses of homosexuals joined the military and immediately set themselves to rape.

2) the rape problem already existed, and a change in the law made reporting those rapes easier on the victims

Choose.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

In this thread, I'll take that as an easy compliment.

Choose.

Well there you go. Romney put his dog on the car. Case closed. You know you are not as brilliant or insightful as you think. You go the personal insult angle and present your opinion as facts.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I think I did that. You choose not to answer.

No, liar. You haven't.

Try now:

Given the massive increase in reporting of male on male rape, one of two senarios is possible.

1) huge masses of homosexuals joined the military and immediately set themselves to rape.

2) the rape problem already existed, and a change in the law made reporting those rapes easier on the victims

No, liar. You haven't.

Try now:

What law? Victims reporting forcible rape? You need to fill me in on that one.

No, liar. You haven't.

Try now:

Either way, doesn't that point to allowing gays in the military as a problem?

No, liar. You haven't.

Try now:

Who in their right mind would choose an answer in this false dichotomy?

I fail to see how increased willingness to report rape is a problem.

Is rape a problem? Who is wrong here, the rapist or the rapee? Would the rapee have been disciplined for being raped prior to the new rules allowing openly gay personnel? Why would the new rules encourage such an increase in assault reports?

Who in their right mind would choose an answer in this false dichotomy?

Why?

What else would explain the rise in the assault cases?

Plus, the data that the OP was misusing was from an extrapolated survey,not from reported numbers. The reported assaults are still overwhelmingly male on female. The surveyed assaults show more male on male assaults, but the underlying cause of most of those is not a gay on straight assault.

That's why I go berserk when people don't go to the data sources.

So, the question is valid, what is behind the rise in surveyed assaults? If the proportion of gays in military is very small now, why is there a higher incidence of surveyed male on male assaults? Is there a rogue gay brigade that goes out raping & pillaging in the barracks?

Why?

Plus, the data that the OP was misusing was from an extrapolated survey,not from reported numbers. The reported assaults are still overwhelmingly male on female. The surveyed assaults show more male on male assaults, but the underlying cause of most of those is not a gay on straight assault.

So, the question is valid, what is behind the rise in surveyed assaults? If the proportion of gays in military is very small now, why is there a higher incidence of surveyed male on male assaults? Is there a rogue gay brigade that goes out raping & pillaging in the barracks?

So what you are saying is that just because a man sticks his dick up another man's butthole doesn't make him gay? Or are you speculating that it might be gay on gay?

Is rape a problem? Who is wrong here, the rapist or the rapee? Would the rapee have been disciplined for being raped prior to the new rules allowing openly gay personnel? Why would the new rules encourage such an increase in assault reports?

The accuser has to first admit that they have been involved in a homosexual sex act, then has to prove that it wasn't consensual, which is a very difficult thing to do. If, as in most cases, it cannot be proven, all that is left is the admission of participation in a homosexual sex act.

Why?

Why can't it be both?

Why can't it be both?

It is very likely both. But given the very small percent of gays in the military, you have to assume that the preponderance of male on male assaults are not gay on straight. You know, Johnnie, ever been to a Turkish prison?

So what you are saying is that just because a man sticks his dick up another man's butthole doesn't make him gay? Or are you speculating that it might be gay on gay?

The numbers don't bear out gay on straight assaults. Do the math, Sue.

It is very likely both. But given the very small percent of gays in the military, you have to assume that the preponderance of male on male assaults are not gay on straight. You know, Johnnie, ever been to a Turkish prison?

So, if it's not gay on straight assaults it's either gay on gay assaults or straight on gay assaults? I guess it could be straight on straight assaults though. Where do we draw the line on calling something a homosexual act? Is it sticking your dick up someone's ass or sticking your dick up someone's ass? I don't get how you can portray the conditions in the military with a Turkish prison. Could you show me the math on that one?

I'm pretty sure if you participate in homosexual acts, you're gay.

Our newest Seal Team member:

"Say fella, I just want you to know that I'm perfectly straight, but would you mind bending over so I can show you how else I'm straight? I'm so straight that I can feel comfortable in my skin pushing in your stool. Thanks. That was fun. Tiddle dee!"

And there's the disconnect right there.

Our newest Seal Team member:

"Say fella, I just want you to know that I'm perfectly straight, but would you mind bending over so I can show you how else I'm straight? I'm so straight that I can feel comfortable in my skin pushing in your stool. Thanks. That was fun. Tiddle dee!"

And there.