I can't believe I am saying this, conservitive is our best option

Not tagging Byrd in the end was the best move. I would look at a mid tier (meaning non "name") Guard, LB and maybe WR then draft. We have two TE's on the roster we really don't know anything about that need a shot to see what we have in them so I don't go TE with #9 in the draft. The smart thing to do is us FA to add a couple pieces here and there and build this team by the draft.

Not tagging Byrd in the end was the best move. I would look at a mid tier (meaning non "name") Guard, LB and maybe WR then draft. We have two TE's on the roster we really don't know anything about that need a shot to see what we have in them so I don't go TE with #9 in the draft. The smart thing to do is us FA to add a couple pieces here and there and build this team by the draft.

I agree with everything but the TE part.i would draft Ebron, he could very well be the best the Bills have ever put on the field(though that wouldn't be hard).A dominate TE would help EJ a ton IMO.

I don't know, the name of the game these days is big. I think I'd prefer resigning Chandler (with Modeski also signed and assume healthy) and draft Evens. Stevie, Evens, Woods, Goodwin, Chandler, and Modeski plus some Easley would look pretty good IMO

I agree with everything but the TE part.i would draft Ebron, he could very well be the best the Bills have ever put on the field(though that wouldn't be hard).A dominate TE would help EJ a ton IMO.

I don't know, the name of the game these days is big. I think I'd prefer resigning Chandler (with Modeski also signed and assume healthy) and draft Evens. Stevie, Evens, Woods, Goodwin, Chandler, and Modeski plus some Easley would look pretty good IMO

I wouldn't argue with that.Depends on what Chandler costs.By the way Ebron is 6'4'' 250, so if you want to go big, there's probably no one in the draft bigger while still being as athletic.

A matchup nightmare over the middle or down the seam like Ebron with Woods/Goodwin on the outside and SJ13 out of the slot.......someones in single coverage every time and probably open. Just need to give the QB time.

Ebron adds a completely different dimension. If the GMen get starting OL FA's...Ebron will be their pick at 12 and we cannot risk a trade down if he's our target. This is why I would not have an issue with him at 9.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

You guys watch the games last year? Our line can't block. They tried FA when they signed PEars, Legursgy, etc. It doesn't work. They need big, strong athletic OL and especially at Tackle. Smart money is a T at 9. Hopefully one of the top two slide, but I suspect our pick will come out of Michigan.

A matchup nightmare over the middle or down the seam like Ebron with Woods/Goodwin on the outside and SJ13 out of the slot.......someones in single coverage every time and probably open. Just need to give the QB time.

Ebron adds a completely different dimension. If the GMen get starting OL FA's...Ebron will be their pick at 12 and we cannot risk a trade down if he's our target. This is why I would not have an issue with him at 9.

That means adding a few pieces to the O-line.

I am trying to figure out where Ebron is "small"

The guy is slightly slower but more athletic then Vernon Davis.......and if you really want to help a young QB you give him a safety valve receiver. Ebron is that guy

Address the offensive line in free agency.....draft Ebron in the 1st and a LB in the 2nd

Two men I can agree with

I am trying to figure out where Ebron is "small"

The guy is slightly slower but more athletic then Vernon Davis.......and if you really want to help a young QB you give him a safety valve receiver. Ebron is that guy

Address the offensive line in free agency.....draft Ebron in the 1st and a LB in the 2nd

Huh?

http://mockdraftable.com/player/4432/

http://mockdraftable.com/player/1776/

Davis was over 0.2 seconds faster in the 40 (that's not slight), 10" higher vertical leap (huge difference), 8" farther broad jump (not huge but significantly better), and 9 more reps on the bench press. Ebron didn't do the 20-yard shuttle, but I doubt he'd be able to match Davis' 88th percentile time of 4.17 seconds.

Ebron might be good, but as a pure athlete, he's not in Vernon Davis' class.

You guys watch the games last year? Our line can't block. They tried FA when they signed PEars, Legursgy, etc. It doesn't work. They need big, strong athletic OL and especially at Tackle. Smart money is a T at 9. Hopefully one of the top two slide, but I suspect our pick will come out of Michigan.

If one of the top two OT are there I wouldn't be disappointed not getting Ebron, but at some point I would love to see a stud TE in Buffalo.Just heard a stat 70% of passes are between the numbers per Herm Edwards.If correct I go Ebron.

Huh?

Davis was over 0.2 seconds faster in the 40 (that's not slight), 10" higher vertical leap (huge difference), 8" farther broad jump (not huge but significantly better), and 9 more reps on the bench press. Ebron didn't do the 20-yard shuttle, but I doubt he'd be able to match Davis' 88th percentile time of 4.17 seconds.

Thank you for the breakdown.

There is an over pouring of love for Ebron at #9 over all but I just don't see it.

I don't think an NFL team would reach that high for a TE, especially one that didn't break the mold. Ebron is in the slightly above average mold of TE, nothing revolutionary that would be worthy of the #9 overall pick, imo.

Huh?

This is exactly why I'm not an Ebron-at-9 guy...if I'm spending a top 10 pick on a TE, he needs to be elite.

This is exactly why I'm not an Ebron-at-9 guy...if I'm spending a top 10 pick on a TE, he needs to be elite.

Elite, where exactly? In drills at the combine?...LOL

Eric Ebron is going to be a stud TE and he's going to be a way better TE than Vernon Davis ever was. Why? Because the guy is a physical freak football player unlike the purely finesse player in Davis. Even Mike Mayock says as much about the two players.

I think a slight majority of Bills fans have this notion that Mike Evans is the elite receiver over what Ebron would bring. I think the opposite is true. Evans will be a solid WR, but he's simply not going to be the real threat that Ebron will be game in and game out.

Ebron, Johnson, Woods, Goodwin is a much stronger receiving unit than Evans, Johnson, Woods, Chandler.

Edited by 1billsfan

Huh?

Thanks for injecting some reality into the debate. Ebron might very well wind up being a top tier TE, but I'm not for using a top 10 pick on him and he isn't at the level Davis was coming out of the combine. Davis was seen as an athletic freak, perhaps the best TE in the combine ever. The fact that guys like Gronkowski I and Graham have outshined Davis in the NFL despite being later picks, shows what a crapshoot all of this is.

Elite, where exactly? In drills at the combine?...LOL

Eric Ebron is going to be a stud TE and he's going to be a way better TE than Vernon Davis ever was. Why? Because the guy is a physical freak football player unlike the purely finesse player in Davis. Even Mike Mayock says as much about the two players.

I think a slight majority of Bills fans have this notion that Mike Evans is the elite receiver over what Ebron would bring. I think the opposite is true. Evans will be a solid WR, but he's simply not going to be the real threat that Ebron will be game in and game out.

Ebron, Johnson, Woods, Goodwin is a much stronger receiving unit than Evans, Johnson, Woods, Chandler.

One would have to be prescient in order to know that Ebron will be a better TE than Davis.

They are roughly the same size, and have similar college production--Davis has Ebron beat on the measurables.

If I'm taking a TE in the top 10, I'm not picking a guy with 4.6 speed who isn't a good blocker.

If a guy is a primarily receiving TE, then I want him to have elite speed--Ebron doesn't.

If a guy is a two-way TE, then I want him to be an accomplished blocker--Ebron isn't.

That's my opinion.

One would have to be prescient in order to know that Ebron will be a better TE than Davis.

They are roughly the same size, and have similar college production--Davis has Ebron beat on the measurables.

If I'm taking a TE in the top 10, I'm not picking a guy with 4.6 speed who isn't a good blocker.

If a guy is a primarily receiving TE, then I want him to have elite speed--Ebron doesn't.

If a guy is a two-way TE, then I want him to be an accomplished blocker--Ebron isn't.

That's my opinion.

It's through this kind of reasoning that NFL teams picking in the top 10 blow their high draft picks. At this level it's as much about the heart of a player as it is about combine measurables.

Blocking is just about the easiest thing to coach up as long as you're strong and have the size which he does on both accounts. This guy is a baller, he's extremely confident, he's a hard worker, and he wants to be the best. Ebron will be a fine blocker in the NFL.