Bills want Vick?

Justice

You can count Minnesota out for Vick's services. They just re-signed Cassel for two years.

I still don't want him. Too late for that. I would've signed him prior to his signing with Philly, but now? No way.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Vick. Vick on this roster and we win 10 games. Maybe he only plays 8 of them, but we'll play meaningful football in December again.

Everything about him is a positive. Pushing EJ to be better. Making defenses watch him as a running threat, which would greatly help our O-line. Cannon of an arm for Goodwin and Graham to spread the field, helping our running game and keeping the defenses honest. Furthermore, the guy is a real gamer. He won't be coming to this Bills teams to cash a few paychecks. He'll come here to play and to win.

I don't see one negative thing about him coming here. Besides the fact we might have to cut Tuel. But hey, can't win them all.

Vick would be an upgrade over anything we have on the roster right now. He has an advantage in EVERY category over every QB on our roster. Faster, stronger arm, read defenses, experience, former probowler, okay maybe not durabliity but.....this team is ready to contend....if we had a qb we would be a playoff team....sign Vick and let him compete......and please people keep something in mind.....Thad lewis played even with ej manuel last year....and coming into the season thad only had 1 or 2 starts....sign Vick and let the best man win....vick is a good locker room guy too...no reason not to sign him....there arent any qb free agent options out there that would be better for the bills

He grew up in a place called bad news for starters.

Prison/Drugs/Mass murderer of dogs. There's the positivity part

Then there's the onfield play of the eagles which got exponentially better when Foles took over for Vick.

I recall that Eagles offense trouncing the Skins with Vick at the helm. Did they have a few bad games? Sure, but I don't remember our starter ever looking as good as Vick did in his brightest games last year.

Prison is a rehabilitation center. He's rehabilitated. You don't want him working or walking the streets? Call the Governor and convince him to get the chair going morning, noon and night.

What else can he do to redeem himself in the eyes of such high-moral fans? Went to prison, check. Did his time with no incidents, check. Charity money, check. No further incidents out of prison, check. Apologized profusely, check.

I'd be willing to bet, and bet heavy, that Vick has more positively impacted people's lives than negatively impacted dogs' lives. He did some awful things, but he's still coming out in the green. I guess it won't matter until he goes back in time and stops himself from making mistakes.

I got a few quick questions too. What's the stated goal of prison in legislature? How do you feel about Ray Lewis? OJ?

I recall that Eagles offense trouncing the Skins with Vick at the helm. Did they have a few bad games? Sure, but I don't remember our starter ever looking as good as Vick did in his brightest games last year.

Prison is a rehabilitation center. He's rehabilitated. You don't want him working or walking the streets? Call the Governor and convince him to get the chair going morning, noon and night.

What else can he do to redeem himself in the eyes of such high-moral fans? Went to prison, check. Did his time with no incidents, check. Charity money, check. No further incidents out of prison, check. Apologized profusely, check.

I'd be willing to bet, and bet heavy, that Vick has more positively impacted people's lives than negatively impacted dogs' lives. He did some awful things, but he's still coming out in the green. I guess it won't matter until he goes back in time and stops himself from making mistakes.

I got a few quick questions too. What's the stated goal of prison in legislature? How do you feel about Ray Lewis? OJ?

Did he raise the dead and untorture some people?

I want Vick. Vick on this roster and we win 10 games. Maybe he only plays 8 of them, but we'll play meaningful football in December again.

Everything about him is a positive. Pushing EJ to be better. Making defenses watch him as a running threat, which would greatly help our O-line. Cannon of an arm for Goodwin and Graham to spread the field, helping our running game and keeping the defenses honest. Furthermore, the guy is a real gamer. He won't be coming to this Bills teams to cash a few paychecks. He'll come here to play and to win.

I don't see one negative thing about him coming here. Besides the fact we might have to cut Tuel. But hey, can't win them all.

you would. You do realize Vick has won 10 games or more once in his career? He had a high of 11 and his next highest is 8. W-L is a flawed stat for QBs but this kinda kills your whole point.

you would. You do realize Vick has won 10 games or more once in his career? He had a high of 11 and his next highest is 8. W-L is a flawed stat for QBs but this kinda kills your whole point.

His teams never had a top 10 defense. Talent-wise, I think we are better than any team Vick has ever played for.

His teams never had a top 10 defense. Talent-wise, I think we are better than any team Vick has ever played for.

You do realize the Bills lost 3 games where EJ had us in the lead right (Atl, gave up 34 points), Cleveland (gave up 30), and NE (allowed the game winning drive). If the great D holds onto the lead, I think your perception of EJ is much different.

You do realize the Bills lost 3 games where EJ had us in the lead right (Atl, gave up 34 points), Cleveland (gave up 30), and NE (allowed the game winning drive). If the great D holds onto the lead, I think your perception of EJ is much different.

You do realize the defense (and Carpenter) won almost every game we did win. Like, Ravens, Jets, Dolphins twice. Even Carolina, EJ left the D to dry and they made two consecutive goal line stands. They don't do that and I think your perception of EJ would be much different.

And EJ got hurt 3 times last season. Vick could win more games than Thad.

Edited by FireChan

You do realize the defense (and Carpenter) won almost every game we did win. Like, Ravens, Jets, Dolphins twice. Even Carolina, EJ left the D to dry and they made two consecutive goal line stands. They don't do that and I think your perception of EJ would be much different.

Vick started 4 games for the Eagles last year and was 1-3. Thad started 5 games and was 2-3. How do you know Vick would have won more than Thad?

Vick started 4 games for the Eagles last year and was 1-3. Thad started 5 games and was 2-3. How do you know Vick would have won more than Thad?

I don't know. How do you know he couldn't? It's not like we'll need to give up draft picks to get the guy. If he sucks, don't play him. I still don't see the downside.

Goes both ways FireChan...if we give the defense credit for those wins, do we also give them the blame for the losses against NE (failed to stop NE on 4th down twice), Cleveland, & Atlanta?

Goes both ways FireChan...if we give the defense credit for those wins, do we also give them the blame for the losses against NE (failed to stop NE on 4th down twice), Cleveland, & Atlanta?

Sure do. 4-3 ain't bad. Means the offense must've been 2-7.

Sure do. 4-3 ain't bad. Means the offense must've been 2-7.

Wait...are you saying then that only one side of the football can be responsible for a loss?

My point was simply that, in some cases, more of the blame can go to either side of the ball, while in others, the whole team stinks.

Wait...are you saying then that only one side of the football can be responsible for a loss?

My point was simply that, in some cases, more of the blame can go to either side of the ball, while in others, the whole team stinks.

No, I'm not saying that. I said it but it was a dumb response.

I believe, on the whole, our offense didn't do their part in more games that the defense did. The D had some black spots. But, more importantly, I can't remember the offense bailing out the D either. I remember the defense holding out to get us a win almost in spite of the offense. The numbers support this.

So Vick might be able to improve this offense for nothing, that's the point.