Would Aaron Donald fit as LDE ?

DreamOnDan

All Donald does is get in the backfield and make plays. It's not spectacular with dreadlocks flying all over the place, but he efficiently outproduces those other guys. I do think he can play RDE. He has that leverage advantage that Elvis Dumervil or James Harrison have made a living with, and he has their speed and quickness in pursuit but with DT size and NT strength. Like Mack, he also did what he did on a bad team......but unlike Mack, he did it versus BCS quality competition most weeks. He wasn't an acclaimed talent coming into the season and he isn't a pretty athlete like Clowney or Mack and all things being equal I think NFL teams will take those guys sooner but that is the class he deserves to be in.

It isn't that easy to find a Worrilow......but RB and ILB are positions that aren't highly valued on the free agent market and you can find them later in the draft. If you have a need at those positions, fill it in free agency and then let them come to you later on draft day.

If he can play and produce at RDE, I could see taking him at 9 even. I'd imagine that losing a few pounds (he's 288#) would only help his speed and quickness. That would be a killer front-4. And as for ILB, I'm hoping they fill it in FA, along with OL.

Yes, and the above is a major reason for the losing culture about which you speak. Allocating that amount of resources to DBs and RBs makes it impossible to win in the NFL. Posters can show stats that will tell us how other teams drafted a similar number of DBs, but I guarantee that these teams already had their QB and both lines in place.

I am not a fan of Brandon, but the good news is that he probably cannot do as much as Mr. Wilson to hurt the team's chances of winning. Mr. Wilson gave WAY to much power to Levy, and he was the one who over prioritized DBs to the point of absurdity.

As for RBs, I think Mr. Wilson himself was the one who insisted on drafting them early. As recently as the idiotic selection of Spiller at #9, he was quoted as saying that the team needed "more excitement." I like to believe that these days are over.

I think that a good draft (and some quality free agents) can make the Bills a very talented team. Quarterback remains the issue, and they can and should address this too. I would love to see them grab one of the 3 SEC Qbs (McCarron, Mettenberger, or Murray). There is just no reason not to take a shot at another QB.

I am really starting to buy into McCarron. He is not an impressive athlete but he has an uncommon sense of timing and touch and that is important when jumping up to a league where passing windows get tighter. There are some things he needs to prove, he didn't face consistent pass rush in college and his feet seem a little heavy, but while his pocket skills may be a relatively untested, the fact that he played on such a dominant running team might also have hidden some of his ability. No doubt, he is a winner and I don't think he will have a problem playing on a big stage when he does get his opportunity. Mettenberger is simply a bad decision maker. Murray I like too but McCarron is a bigger, sturdier guy.

I am really starting to buy into McCarron. He is not an impressive athlete but he has an uncommon sense of timing and touch and that is important when jumping up to a league where passing windows get tighter. There are some things he needs to prove, he didn't face consistent pass rush in college and his feet seem a little heavy, but while his pocket skills may be a relatively untested, the fact that he played on such a dominant running team might also have hidden some of his ability. No doubt, he is a winner and I don't think he will have a problem playing on a big stage when he does get his opportunity. Mettenberger is simply a bad decision maker. Murray I like too but McCarron is a bigger, sturdier guy.

I like McCarron, too. Do you think there is any chance he would be available in Rd 3 or later? I have not seen him in any mocks.