Wide Receivers

I'm currently obsessed with the notion of the Bills drafting a WR in round one. Are there any real tall, fast gamechanging wideouts in the mold of well, Eric Moulds in the draft? Pardon my ignorance, but i didnt follow much college ball this past year. Thanks for your help!

I like this list for my viewing of the WRs in the draft. Shows height and weight in a very easy to read format. I wouldn't say any of the really tall WRs have blazing speed though (6'3" and up) but there are definitely some ballers IMO. Keep an eye out for L'Damian Washington of Mizzu to shoot up draft boards with his measurables.

http://www.cbssports...ankings/2014/WR

Edited by Mark80

I like this list for my viewing of the WRs in the draft. Shows height and weight in a very easy to read format. I wouldn't say any of the really tall WRs have blazing speed though (6'3" and up) but there are definitely some ballers IMO. Keep an eye out for L'Damian Washington of Mizzu to shoot up draft boards with his measurables.

http://www.cbssports...ankings/2014/WR

Thanks!

In my opinion there are only three first round guys that fit the Bills need for a big WR, Watkins, Evans and Benjamin. If Watkins is there I would run to the podium. I'm not sure how I feel about Evans. The 9th is too high for Benjamin. I like Jordan Matthews, from Vanderbilt in the second, good size, great production in college with no one throwing him the ball. The only other guy in the mix is Robinson, but Penn State players scare me.

In my opinion there are only three first round guys that fit the Bills need for a big WR, Watkins, Evans and Benjamin. If Watkins is there I would run to the podium. I'm not sure how I feel about Evans. The 9th is too high for Benjamin. I like Jordan Matthews, from Vanderbilt in the second, good size, great production in college with no one throwing him the ball. The only other guy in the mix is Robinson, but Penn State players scare me.

Me too Chris! He has deceptive speed when you watch him on tape. Rarely seen him get caught from behind, runs excellent routes and great hands.

I was down on Evans, but I went back to the videos and I think he, like Watkins, looks like a real "baller". A passionate player who's NFL ready and not going to be afraid of defenders at the next level. I really think that one of these two guys will be a Bill. That is unless Manuel goes to bat for Benjamin's drive, dedication and passion for the game. Only then will Benjamin get a serious look.

One thing you want with the #9 overall pick, a guy who loves the game of football and will do everything to become the best player they can be.

I was down on Evans, but I went back to the videos and I think he, like Watkins, looks like a real "baller". A passionate player who's NFL ready and not going to be afraid of defenders at the next level. I really think that one of these two guys will be a Bill. That is unless Manuel goes to bat for Benjamin's drive, dedication and passion for the game. Only then will Benjamin get a serious look.

One thing you want with the #9 overall pick, a guy who loves the game of football and will do everything to become the best player they can be.

The only thing that worries me about Evans is that it seemed to me in the 5 or so A&M games I watched this season (including his monsters vs. Alabama and Auburn) that a lot of his bigger plays were created by Johnny creating extra time to get open with his movement in the pocket / backfield avoiding the rushes. It makes me wonder about his ability to get open in the much smaller window of time of the NFL. I could care less about some of his attitude issues though, shows me that he cares...a lot.

I'm currently obsessed with the notion of the Bills drafting a WR in round one. Are there any real tall, fast gamechanging wideouts in the mold of well, Eric Moulds in the draft? Pardon my ignorance, but i didnt follow much college ball this past year. Thanks for your help!

I think if you are looking for an impact WR with size, your best bet is to draft a TE, Ebron -- he is can't miss and would be a Jimmy Graham type weapon

The draft is so deep at WR that I wouldn't take one in Round 1 unless it is Watkins. Two WR's that intrigue me that should be available later are:

Shaq Evans (awesome name, also): http://www.nfldrafts...=2014&genpos=WR

and Mike Davis http://www.cbssports...5840/mike-davis

If Jordan Mathews or Kelvin Benjamin are there in the second round I would grab one of them.

I think if you are looking for an impact WR with size, your best bet is to draft a TE, Ebron -- he is can't miss and would be a Jimmy Graham type weapon

I agree. Grab him in the 1st, then Jordan Mathews in the 2nd. Or, if available, the Washington TE (whose name I cannot spell). Got both of them in the fanspeak mock draft last night.

I dont think I will ever be sold on Mike Evans

CBF

I would avoid Mike Evans. Not worth an early first round pick IMO.

Would you rather trade back and draft someone like Benjamin if Watkins and Evans or gone or draft Ebron at 9?

CBF

Good question. Personally, I'd stay at 9 and take Robinson or Matthews (OT), or Mosley or Mack (LB). One of those 4 will be there at #9, and be day 1 starters. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to trading back due to the depth at the positions we need. Another OT we could get later who is a gamble is Sentrel Henderson from Miami.

Edited by RyanC883

I dont think I will ever be sold on Mike Evans

CBF

Or Benjamin. He drops too many passes for me. I'm not his agent, but Jordan Matthews has everything to be a "play now" type of receiver. Look what he done in the SEC with unknown QBs or other WR threats on team. Meaning every team knew they had to stop him and couldn't.

Pretty simple question here. Do we take a special look at Kelvin Benjamin since he has prior experience with Manuel or do you guys feel that prior experience with players isn't as important in the draft process?

I think with Benjamin it's on the list, but down the list.

Would you rather trade back and draft someone like Benjamin if Watkins and Evans or gone or draft Ebron at 9?

CBF

Boy, that's a good question. The problem with a trade is you can't count on it. This is off topic and I'm sure I'll be chastised for it, but what do you do if both Mack and Watkins are there?