ray ray.. now just ray..

there is no double standard when it comes to a man assaulting a woman.. maybe i am old school, but i do not believe it is right under any circumstances ..

There is no double standard when its ok for women to hit men and its never ok for a man to hit a woman? Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but isn't that the definition of a double standard?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no double standard when its ok for women to hit men and its never ok for a man to hit a woman? Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but isn't that the definition of a double standard?

my point, minus your evaluation is that is never ok to hit a woman.. i hope that clears it up, regardless of nitpicking what a "double standard" is.

my point, minus your evaluation is that is never ok to hit a woman.. i hope that clears it up, regardless of nitpicking what a "double standard" is.

Its not nitpicking. Its the definition of the term.

I've understand you from the start. You believe the double standard is the correct order of business. I agree, mostly, but in extreme situations I think there are exceptions to that rule.

In any event, I really doubt that the Ray Rice incident falls under one these exceptions.

Edited by Jauronimo

Its not nitpicking. Its the definition of the term.

I've understand you from the start. You believe the double standard is the correct order of business. I agree, mostly, but in extreme situations I think there are exceptions to that rule.

In any event, I really doubt that the Ray Rice incident falls under one these exceptions.

ok.. i do realize the content and grammar police are always lurking..but a man should not hit a woman

ok.. i do realize the content and grammar police are always lurking..but a man should not hit a woman

Grammar police??? In discussing whether an obvious double standard is just, you declared that there is no double standard. Thats not a technicality. I'm not calling you out on a typo or a missing comma or something completely trivial.

I don't think its unreasonable to interject when the discussion starts veering into a territory where things cease to be what they most certainly are. There are limits.

Grammar police??? In discussing whether an obvious double standard is just, you declared that there is no double standard. Thats not a technicality. I'm not calling you out on a typo or a missing comma or something completely trivial.

I don't think its unreasonable to interject when the discussion starts veering into a territory where things cease to be what they most certainly are. There are limits.

you questioned my use of the term "double standard" the gist is about men assaulting women.. if i used "double standard" incorrectly GUILTY.. next..

I don't think you're getting what he's saying.

OBVIOUSLY..i dont care, if my use of the term standard was incorrect, so be it, my main point was men assaulting women.. if it would make you feel better ill go back and delete my reference to "double standard" Edited by dwight in philly

OBVIOUSLY..i dont care, if my use of the term standard was incorrect, so be it, my main point was men assaulting women.. if it would make you feel better ill go back and delete my reference to "double standard"

So its ignorance AND apathy. A winning combination if there ever was one.

So its ignorance AND apathy. A winning combination if there ever was one.

why the dissection of this topic?.. and why the insult? "ignorance"? guess it is nice to be the all omniscient of the board.. next time you are near a dictionary, look up the word "pompous". Edited by dwight in philly

why the dissection of this topic?.. and why the insult? "ignorance"? guess it is nice to be the all omniscient of the board.. next time you are near a dictionary, look up the word "pompous".

Two posts ago you expressed pride in neither knowing or caring and now you're insulted? The victim mentality is strong with this one.

I took time out of my day, time which could have been spent pursuing a hobby, to help you communicate and hopefully save you from future embarrassment and this is the thanks I get? No good deed goes unpunished.

Edited by Jauronimo

Two posts ago you expressed pride in neither knowing or caring and now you're insulted? The victim mentality is strong with this one.

I took time out of my day, time which could have been spent pursuing a hobby, to help you communicate and hopefully save you from future embarrassment and this is the thanks I get? No good deed goes unpunished.

thanks , i will just look for your comments and try to learn from you. Edited by dwight in philly

• 1 month later...

oy vey, not to get into this again. I am happy he is being indicted now that they did a thorough investigation.

that is all anyone was saying, you had em convicted in 60 seconds, they at least investigated before making the assumptions. And, he is still innocent until proven

This goes on all the time in all classes, not just the NFL. They just happen to be under a microscope as players. Check your local booking blotter everyday. You'll see both men AND women arrested every single day for domestic. Numerous people every day, not just a couple.

Just because he is "unlucky" enough to be famous, and just because it happens all the time, does not make him any less a scumbag.

If a woman assaults a man then they are fair game, equal rights and equal lefts for all.

Stay classey.