Comp Picks

Astrobot

http://www.philly.co...rojections.html

This guy was practically dead on last year. No Bills comps?

We are in the dreaded net-loss area since we signed as many as we lost. Because the comps are limited to 32 picks we're at the mercy of what all of the other teams have done. We may get a 7th rounder, we might not. This made me flinch when we signed Branch because we now couldn't get a good pick for losing Levitre. But, on the other hand, we got good stuff from Branch (and Lawson). Probably better than a 5th or 6th rounder.

This is only a projection, so let's wait until the Owners meeting in March to get the official word.

Even if the Bills do get a compensatory pick, it'll probably be a 7th rounder.

its an extremely predictable and simple process really, the only hard part is tracking who we signed/lost (inevitably i forget someone, or a few). otherwise, theres really no reason to wait - the guy couldve released it in august with really high accuracy probably

We are in the dreaded net-loss area since we signed as many as we lost. Because the comps are limited to 32 picks we're at the mercy of what all of the other teams have done. We may get a 7th rounder, we might not. This made me flinch when we signed Branch because we now couldn't get a good pick for losing Levitre. But, on the other hand, we got good stuff from Branch (and Lawson). Probably better than a 5th or 6th rounder.

realistically, it wouldve been a 4, if his cutoffs are about accurate.

Thank god for Kolb.

This is only a projection, so let's wait until the Owners meeting in March to get the official word.

Even if the Bills do get a compensatory pick, it'll probably be a 7th rounder.

I thought it was fact . But even after reading the article i am not able to defend it

We don't need compensatory picks. We have T.J. Graham and he will be a superstar this year and so will Easley.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Bills news sucks this time of year.

They say the 3rd season for a wide receiver before he hits his stride , right ?

How about he has the ball in his hands when TJ does just that :wallbash:

Edited by 3rdand12

its an extremely predictable and simple process really, the only hard part is tracking who we signed/lost (inevitably i forget someone, or a few). otherwise, theres really no reason to wait - the guy couldve released it in august with really high accuracy probably

I don't doubt the guy's accuracy, it may very well turn out like this.

Your probably right that the NFL could have already announced the full compensatory picks list already. But we all know how the NFL loves to make a big deal about these things.

With Roger Goodell running the show, I'm surprised that the NFL Network doesn't have a two hour broadcast of the announcement of the compensatory picks.

I don't doubt the guy's accuracy, it may very well turn out like this.

Your probably right that the NFL could have already announced the full compensatory picks list already. But we all know how the NFL loves to make a big deal about these things.

With Roger Goodell running the show, I'm surprised that the NFL Network doesn't have a two hour broadcast of the announcement of the compensatory picks.

I wouldn't put it past them.

We had a nice thread about this before the season started, and I thought we came to the conclusion that we should be -1 in signings, thus making us eligible for a Comp. pick. Here's the link to that thread, which had great info:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158808-draft-compensation-pickslegursky-signing/?do=findComment&comment=2823728

What has changed that we are no longer expected to get one?

We had a nice thread about this before the season started, and I thought we came to the conclusion that we should be -1 in signings, thus making us eligible for a Comp. pick. Here's the link to that thread, which had great info:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158808-draft-compensation-pickslegursky-signing/?do=findComment&comment=2823728

What has changed that we are no longer expected to get one?

im not sure who this guy has listed in and out - its obviously different than that thread though.

The whole compensatory pick idea needs to go away. Why should teams receive compensation for players leaving in FA? It does nothing but allow the rich to get richer, because typically the teams that can afford to let players walk are the teams that draft well and have replacements lined up.

The whole compensatory pick idea needs to go away. Why should teams receive compensation for players leaving in FA? It does nothing but allow the rich to get richer, because typically the teams that can afford to let players walk are the teams that draft well and have replacements lined up.

I dunno, sounds like a reward for drafting well to me. Besides, what happens a few years, if we can't keep both Woods and Kiko, because both are elite players, and we can't stay under the cap?(Yes, wildly wishful) We lose one, and then we'd be signing a different tune on comp picks then.

I dunno, sounds like a reward for drafting well to me. Besides, what happens a few years, if we can't keep both Woods and Kiko, because both are elite players, and we can't stay under the cap?(Yes, wildly wishful) We lose one, and then we'd be signing a different tune on comp picks then.

It's not rich getting richer. Perhaps rich getting less poor.

From what we had understood previously before the season started, our losses were: Levitre, Reinhard, and Kyle Moore. Each of these 3 were "qualified" losses.

Our gains were Branch and and Lawson.

That put us at a -1 in signings, thus eligible for a Comp. pick. HOWEVER, the Bears cut Kyle Moore in training camp on August 25. I think that makes him ineligible and brings us back to even.

The rules in the link are as follows:

1. Lost players that are cut or not tendered as RFAs and ERFAs do not qualify.

2. Lost players that were picked up during the season the year before do not qualify.

3. Signed players that are released before midseason do not qualify.

4. Players earning low minimum salaries do not qualify.

5. Each player signed cancels out one player lost.

6. The round of the pick awarded is primarily determined by the annual value of the contract signed. Signed players cancel out lost players with equal contracts, then lower contracts, before canceling out higher contracts.

Read more at http://www.philly.co...jZCVHRKyAW87.99

If those rules are correct, and they appear to be as the guy is pretty accurate, then it looks like we will get hosed out of a potentially good Comp. pick for Levitre. I think we would've got a 3rd or 4th. Oh well, we can only cross our fingers and hope. Bummer.

Edited by jtewy

From what we had understood previously before the season started, our losses were: Levitre, Reinhard, and Kyle Moore. Each of these 3 were "qualified" losses.

Our gains were Branch and and Lawson.

That put us at a -1 in signings, thus eligible for a Comp. pick. HOWEVER, the Bears cut Kyle Moore in training camp on August 25. I think that makes him ineligible and brings us back to even.

The rules in the link are as follows:

1. Lost players that are cut or not tendered as RFAs and ERFAs do not qualify.

2. Lost players that were picked up during the season the year before do not qualify.

3. Signed players that are released before midseason do not qualify.

4. Players earning low minimum salaries do not qualify.

5. Each player signed cancels out one player lost.

6. The round of the pick awarded is primarily determined by the annual value of the contract signed. Signed players cancel out lost players with equal contracts, then lower contracts, before canceling out higher contracts.

Read more at http://www.philly.co...jZCVHRKyAW87.99

If those rules are correct, and they appear to be as the guy is pretty accurate, then it looks like we will get hosed out of a potentially good Comp. pick for Levitre. I think we would've got a 3rd or 4th. Oh well, we can only cross our fingers and hope. Bummer.

there you go. without digging deeper, sounds about right. those rules im pretty sure are accurate, and ill trust the list we had... and it meshes perfectly with his projection. atleast we ended up with branch and lawson long term. it wouldve stung a little more if branch ended up really being a one year rental.

Edited by NoSaint