A new thread on Travis for BINYC

Mr. Bill (or any one else who wishes to join in with the gleeful beating of a deadhorse). I generally find you to be a fairly interest poster, but your position of Travis Henry seems to be so flatout negative that the fact it is so directly opposed to the lofty position TH was held in by Bills fans last year, by pundits around the league (1 of the network eggheads talked about him bringing a 1st as WM revved up his play and TH was looking like a soon-to-be non-Bill), and by the buzz where Travis has specufically said 5 names of teams that are interested in hom and none have publicly denied this.

We've seen your list of his failings and thank you for those as they are specific and thus allowed folks to challenge them in a specific way (ex. the tackle accusation being true based on the numbers as a rookie but those numbers dropped dramatically the next two years).

The piece that would help me a lot is to know whether you are so dead st certain he is so bad there is nothing at all that is positive about his play, or alternately how do you explain the positives many people express about him.

Are you willing to make the best case for trading for Travis even if you wouldn't do it yourself.

It would seem to me there should be something positive even those who think ill of him can say about his game, and this would certainly help me reconcile my views of the situation.

Perhaps there is nothing good to say and all the press interest is just folks lying about him or every other football expert who says he has at least some value is dumb.

Overall, I think many argumnts seem to be based in the convenience of arguing rather than thorough analysis (for example if his many lost fumbles in 2001 are legit for consideration, does this also mean than his reception of over 40 passes in 2002 is a legit issue which speaks against the idea he can;t receive.

I think there is a ragin' moderate case to be made for Henry and as a long time TSW poster I think you can help us find it if you wish. Are you football guy enough to give us the best case (even if it is not a great case for someone trading value for Henry?

The best part about getting rid of Henry in the next 2 weeks will be not having to read BINYC's rants on him anymore. The extra draft pick and cap space won't hurt either.

For that matter, getting rid of Drew as well may finally bring more unity to this board. At least until ICE returns...

>>>>>I think there is a ragin' moderate case to be made for Henry and as a long time TSW poster I think you can help us find it if you wish. Are you football guy enough to give us the best case (even if it is not a great case for someone trading value for Henry?<<<<<

I will happily answer you in terms of how I understand what you are asking.

I might be interesrted in TH if I were Bill Cowher. The OL is big and strong, and when Travis runs straight ahead at the LOS, there would be a better chance at him finding a hole. Travis has certainly proven that he is able to run in the NF>

I would not want him to start, but think he could share the load well with Bettis (old) and the Duce (banged up).

His record asa starter is as bad as it gets. All his fault? Certainly not, but Drew gets his feet held to the fire for his w/l pct., right? one day. f things are slow, look up the w/l record of the Buffalo Bills with TH as a starter.

Anyway, because he CAN run and is young and cheap, were I Cowher, I would probably go as high as a 5th round pick, maybe a 4th.

The best part about getting rid of Henry in the next 2 weeks will be not having to read BINYC's rants on him anymore. The extra draft pick and cap space won't hurt either.

For that matter, getting rid of Drew as well may finally bring more unity to this board. At least until ICE returns...

213273[/snapback]

If you dont like my posts, you should try not reading them. It will give you more time to endlessly bash Drew, and you can practice up on your racial slurs which you hold so dear.

Now, run along little Asswipe.

Although I don't condone FFS's public calling out, I am glad to see it's the first post he's ever made that is under 5,000 words.

214170[/snapback]

He was talking football. It was perfectly OK for him to name me steve. FFS and I go back for many years, and I have never seen him get personal toward me nor others. I even welcome his questions.

I would rather read football questions from FFS than racial slurs from a pompous fool.

How about you? :devil:

He was talking football. It was perfectly OK for him to name me steve. FFS and I go back for many years, and I have never seen him get personal toward me nor others. I even welcome his questions.

I would rather read football questions from FFS than racial slurs from a pompous fool.

How about you?  :devil:

214196[/snapback]

I never used a racial slur....

I never used a racial slur....

214197[/snapback]

I like the way you immediately jump to defend yourself from the presumed accusation of using racial slurs, but don't take the slightest offense at the presumed accusation of being a pompus fool... :blink::doh: