Kiko NOT droy.....

OhIDunno

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet you a lot of money that Johnny football does not win DROY

I don't know. I thought Eli Manning had a strong case for defensive player of the year this year. 30 picks (or whatever) is a pretty good year for a defense.

I thought that Kiko, Star, Richardson and the Honey Badger all had strong cases. The homer in me says Kiko but Richardson was a fair choice.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Kiko faded down the stretch, Richardson was more consistent and more impactful all season long. No need for tears or an uproar. Kiko did not get "jobbed"

@mikerodak

Defensive Rookie of the Year voting: RT @RichCimini: Richardson got 23 votes, Bills LB Kiko Alonso 19. #Jets

I agree. Would love to have seen Kiko honored, but Richardson is also deserving. The good news is that hopefully we get to watch Kiko for many years to come. He was a great pick.

It will also save the Bills a few bucks on his next contract...

THIS! Also, will play with chip on shoulder... Kiko isnt "big talker" he lets his play speak for itself and i see him being much better next yr vs Run and gap control and definitely earning a pro-bowl nod.

It's pretty obvious Richardson only won because he plays in the biggest market. Kiko was 3rd in tackles and 5th in total snap counts, playing every single snap in all 16 games for the 4th ranked defense (according to Football Outsiders). Oh well, this award doesn't really mean anything but Kiko clearly got robbed.

It's pretty obvious Richardson only won because he plays in the biggest market. Kiko was 3rd in tackles and 5th in total snap counts, playing every single snap in all 16 games for the 4th ranked defense (according to Football Outsiders). Oh well, this award doesn't really mean anything but Kiko clearly got robbed.

Richardson had a heck of a season too. Whichever way it finished, a really solid season was going to fall into second place. If you think kiko should've won, I'd agree there's a good and fair argument that exists, but to say he was robbed I think overstated it and makes me think the one with feelings about the markets effecting the judgement might be you.