Brandon talks with AP about Byrd's contract

Beerball

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would make more sense, although he's a restricted FA so not likely

He pulled a Byrd-like "injury" during the first part of SD's season... very unhappy with his contract, we'll see what SD does because they really need a lot in the secondary and had a bad contract with Derek Cox who ended up sitting the bench.

He pulled a Byrd-like "injury" during the first part of SD's season... very unhappy with his contract, we'll see what SD does because they really need a lot in the secondary and had a bad contract with Derek Cox who ended up sitting the bench.

Indeed--like Byrd though, he's an excellent player that they can ill afford to lose

Indeed--like Byrd though, he's an excellent player that they can ill afford to lose

Personally, I agree with you. He is a big play guy. Without looking up their cap space I think they may be slim there, I know the new GM was left with a mess by AJ Smith. Rivers,Weddle and Gates eat up a lot. I think they will do whatever they can to sign him and making the playoffs probably helps him want to stay.

I just read somewhere that it was promised to Pepper he would be the DC if Shwartz got an HC job down the road. I will have to remember where I saw that, it would have been either this board or twitter. Sounds like it is in his contract.

I dont thinks its a fact. But it was to a degree said by Pepper. He told Buffalo he is looking for the opportunity and thats why he came on board.

No need to look it up i dont think. its was on 1BD and PFT.

Whether he has what it takes remains to be seen. I am very much looking forward to how he fairs over A Weaver . and again , we may never know , but how much dialogue he brings to the overall defense under Jim .

If i had a leaning , i think the Bills know exactly what they have in Pepper .

Dansby would signify to me that they feel ready to challenge next year as it really would be a very short term gain.

We had him here last offseason and could not or would not sell Buffalo to him.

He went on to be JUST the player we needed and now need.

But he played so well either he will be retained or too darned expensive.

So no i guess in FA i dont know the best bet. Mark. I expect the draft will supply that for Bills though

Free agency is why all this draft talk is a mute point at present because the holes filled in FA will then dictate where we draft.

Here's a list of the FA ILB's.

Inside linebackers

Karlos Dansby ARI

Daryl Smith BAL

Arthur Moats BUF

Dan Connor CAR

Jason Williams CAR

Blake Costanzo CHI

D.J. Williams CHI

Wesley Woodyard DEN

Stewart Bradley DEN

Paris Lenon DEN

Rob Francois GB

Joe Mays HOU

Darryl Sharpton HOU

Pat Angerer IND

Kavell Conner IND

Akeem Jordan KC

Austin Spitler MIA

Desmond Bishop MIN

Erin Henderson MIN

Dane Fletcher NE

Brandon Spikes NE

Ramon Humber NO

Jonathan Vilma NO

Jon Beason NYG

Josh Mauga NYJ

Stevenson Sylvester PIT

Donald Butler SD

Will Witherspoon STL

Jacob Cutrera TB

Zac Diles TEN

Nick Barnett WAS

London Fletcher WAS

Bryan Kehl WAS

Perry Riley WAS

hey we could get the Band back together, London Barnett Moats. Just need some background vocals Edited by 3rdand12

:devil:Ugh. Talk about selling your soul to get to the playoffs. Sadly, I'm starting to talk myself into it.

Well than we need an intervention for you ASAP.

DONT JUMP !!

you have friends here to talk you and the some others who are misguided into thinking winning is more important than.....

wait a minute...

I just read somewhere that it was promised to Pepper he would be the DC if Shwartz got an HC job down the road. I will have to remember where I saw that, it would have been either this board or twitter. Sounds like it is in his contract.

Buddy Nixon and I highly doubt that anyone would be promised a promotion before their first day on the job. Promised that he would be considered? Perhaps. Anything more is hogwash.

Buddy Nixon and I highly doubt that anyone would be promised a promotion before their first day on the job. Promised that he would be considered? Perhaps. Anything more is hogwash.

It is fact that Pepper said it's his goal .

Nothing wrong with that at all. Why he couldnt move up through Bellichick ranks after all those years gives me pause though. just a little .

Even be put in a position to ensure he is immersed in situations which will increase his experience in readiness for promotion but I agree, not going to promise him a promotion.

If Byrd gets signed, I exhale and think the rest will come together. That's where I am at right now. They had a great draft last year in their 1st year together (Marrone and Whaley) and I expect them to again. I don't care where EJ was drafted, we needed a QB and they took the best one for this team and their system and got an extra pick for the near DROY at the same time. They could not foresee he would miss 6 games. Go Whaley, get Byrd.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It is fact that Pepper said it's his goal .

Nothing wrong with that at all. Why he couldnt move up through Bellichick ranks after all those years gives me pause though. just a little .

Two very different things. Nixon states that Johnson was promised the job. Of course he aspires to it. Shirley you see the difference?

Two very different things. Nixon states that Johnson was promised the job. Of course he aspires to it. Shirley you see the difference?

I was just commenting on what i read over the last weeks since the hire.

And stop calling me shirley !