A-Rod sues MLB, Players association

NoSaint

Really dont follow baseball beyond casually but with the A-Rod situation coming to a head and more information coming out id be curious to hear from some of the folks around here that do follow closely.

everyone is looking like a loser in this one from the last couple articles i read. Deadspin is actually going pretty hard on Rodriguez's behalf. reading their last article reminded me of some of the issues at play during bounty-gate for the saints.

what say the baseball fans at TBD?

Arod must be one of the most disliked players already. This is going to get ugly. Arod won't go away quietly. He just might make a mockery out of spring training if he show

up

yea, hes already been a jerk, so theres not a lot of sympathy.... but deadspin got me a little - link to their article which includes arods suit and the arbitation panels findings. after firing the arbitrator that came out on brauns side, the MLB will have a tough time establishing credibility in the process.

http://deadspin.com/arbitrator-calls-a-rods-conduct-unprecedented-a-rod-1500557193

Edited by NoSaint

this is all such b-s....they never would have gone after a-rod in his prime as he was too good for the sport...just like everything else in this ped nonsense, when the player outlives his dollar impact to the sport he is going to be dragged down. selig is a scumbag and had no desire to address the ped issue in the beginning because players like a-rod, sosa, mcquire etc put fannies in the seats.

Once you get past the notion of Arods personality, in principle would hope court will hear this and decide for Arod. Using information from a drug dealer, putting the man on payroll for $125000 at very least as unseemly as what is said to be Arods persona. This very possibly will get ugly , and I hope it will as the entire process has been ugly with neither side displaying and honor.

Edited by millbank

From what I've read, it's hard to find a sympathetic character in this story.

Arod: proven liar, egomaniac, cheater

MLB: inconsistent at best in their treatment of PED's, shady (purchasing evidence from a thief with a briefcase full of cash), self-serving

I don't know what he arbitrater was thinking. I don't see any precedent or justification for the 211 games or the 162 games that they pulled out of a hat.

I think Arod's lawyers will be able to make a good case in court. Of course, he is guilty of cheating--it's just the whole thing was handled poorly.

ARod is doing nothing different from half of the sports world. He is just making more then 99% of it and that's why this is what it is. No one wants to pay him. This is the easiest way. MLB is now making it personal. The MLB fan hates the Yankees so this is just more fuel for them.

MLB is only worth a crap in October.

Issue at some has to be not a personality contest, but about right and wrong. And I believe any fair appraisal will find all parties involved have disgraced themselves that the only fair ruling is that the decision be thrown out, that this commissioner leave immediately , no doubt those wanting Arod gone he like Bonds will be blackballed . Baseball though if they truly do desire a credible drug policy need employ people above reproach to police it. The war on drugs more about the war on what is arguably the strongest remaining union in North America, drugs being used as a device to shame it , to make it a villain in the public eye, the union for their part see in the public forum Arod not a case they going to win, both sides get their scapegoat and sadly life goes on. A pretense that wrong has been righted, that poop does not stink... its does

Edited by millbank

• 4 weeks later...