(OT) Any advice on buying a cell phone?

PIZ

What should I look for? Someone told me, since I have VERIZON, I should look at the LG 510 Tri Mode. Is that a good phone? There are alot of listing on ebay for it, with some saying GOOD, some say NEW (refurbished), some say BRAND NEW, and some don't say anything at all. Has anyone bought a phone off of ebay? Can I buy this same phone from VERIZON (I emailed them days ago and they haven't responded). Thanks.

I tried finding their phone store, but I couldn't find it.  I fulfilled my 2 year contract last year.

212201[/snapback]

Did you try calling customer service for the location of a store, you can get a new phone dirt cheap if you resign, maybe even free if you threaten to leave. I thought when I signed up that I got to get a new phone every 2 years for 10 buck or something like that. Call Customer Service

I've bought my last 3 phones from eBay. No problems. Just check feedback ratings...

But, if your contract is up, just call Verizon... why go through eBay? ...

I only use eBay cause I dont wait 2 years to switch phones, and then it costs a fortune.

I tried finding their phone store, but I couldn't find it.  I fulfilled my 2 year contract last year.

212201[/snapback]

i think you have to waite for the contract date to get a new phone or up grade your plan .

What should I look for?  Someone told me, since I have VERIZON, I should look at the LG 510 Tri Mode.  Is that a good phone?  There are alot of listing on ebay for it, with some saying GOOD, some say NEW (refurbished), some say BRAND NEW, and some don't say anything at all.  Has anyone bought a phone off of ebay?  Can I buy this same phone from VERIZON (I emailed them days ago and they haven't responded).  Thanks.

212172[/snapback]

You will not believe this deal. The Sony Ericcson triband camera phone T-637 gets you $220 back on Amazon. Have to sign up with AT&T. I did that for my wife 2 months back and worked out well. It is an excellent phone with great talk time, color, triband, bluetooth, internet etc. (We don't use half the features).

Why buy when they will pay you to get it ?

Obvious point I am assuming is that your contract with Verizon is up.

oh, and by the way, since your contract is up with Veri$on, you might think about switch to Cingular... I had verizon, but my bill was crazy, switched to Cingular, and have only gone over once... Nights start at 7:00pm - huge help..

212351[/snapback]

AT&T gives about the same minutes as Cingular. As they have merged, I expect service to be betetr either way. Cingular has roll over, AT&T has the great phone deal (puts money in your pocket today !).

So I guess you will do well either way.