Favorite WR and TE in 2014 Draft

HSerotte

My favorite would be Ebron and Evans. Obviously, that is highly unlikely to happen. The best and most realistic situation I can think of would be getting Evans at #9 in 1st round, and ASJ in 2nd. If I see EJ improve for next year, we would have a solid QB with a RB group of a reliable Freddy and electrifying CJ. Have a big WR in Evans, 2 above average possession receivers in Woods and Stevie (Still love Stevie, no matter what), and lightning fast speed in Goodwin. Add another huge target in ASJ and I think we have a complete, electrifying, exciting, good offense. Of course, our line would need improvement also...

I say either Kelvin Benjamin or Mike Evans...Austin Seferian-Jenkins or Troy Niklas (who they call "Baby Gronk").

I would be happy with either one, at each position...but I WANT Benjamin and Seferian-Jenkins.

Make this happen...upgrade the O-line in free agency...and the offense will make major strides in year #2, especially EJ.

Edited by DJshnooks

I say either Kelvin Benjamin or Mike Evans...Austin Seferian-Jenkins or Troy Niklas (who they call "Baby Gronk").

I would be happy with either one, at each position...but I WANT Benjamin and Seferian-Jenkins.

Make this happen...upgrade the O-line in free agency...and the offense will make major strides in year #2, especially EJ.

Would have to trade down and get two firsts somehow to make this happen.

My favorite WR is Marquise Lee, but he's not necessarily the one I think I would pick if I were the GM of the Bills. While I'd be very happy with Lee, he doesn't bring the element of big, physical jump ball receiver that the Bills lack. At the same time I believe he'd be the best WR on the team the day he walks into camp, and that's never a bad thing to add. He's got great speed, great moves, good hands, and he's got a good feel for the game. I am concerned with his ability to stay healthy but I certainly don't doubt his ability, heart, or toughness.

WR: Watkins, Benjamin, Matthews

TE: Ebron

I've done some extensive film study of college prospects. If I get time I will share my findings, but all I will say is that Ebron is far above any other TE prospect- he is by far the most complete and athletic. I'm not enamored by ASJ, and I would say Jace Amaro would arguably be the second TE off the board.

Watkins and dont need to waste a pick on a Tight End! GO see the importance of Jimmy Graham today!

Go research the importance of Jimmy Graham the last 3 seasons and get back to us.

Rd1: Mike Evans

Rd2: Troy Niklas - 6'7'', 270lbs, very athletic - used to play LB.

Sounds good to me.

Edited by peterpan

Go research the importance of Jimmy Graham the last 3 seasons and get back to us.

Rd1: Mike Evans

Rd2: Troy Niklas - 6'7'', 270lbs, very athletic - used to play LB.

Sounds good to me.

Here is a cool article about Troy;

"Niklas received a second-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory board after a junior season in which he blossomed as an every-down tight end, catching 32 passes for 498 yards and five touchdowns. At 6-foot-7, 270 pounds, Niklas is a specimen nicknamed "Hercules" by teammates, though no one was expecting him to make the leap.

"He thought he was physically developed enough to make it happen," Don Niklas told SI.com in a phone interview.

"He's currently working out with a guy who's probably going to go in the top 5 of the Draft. And in his functional movement testing, he and that guy came out with the same score.

He just felt like it was time to make the move. There are as many as 24 teams that are looking to pick up tight ends this year.

"He's got a unique ability to block as well as catch the ball. And a lot of the guys who are in the draft are more pass-catchers than they are blockers. In the NFL scheme, a lot of teams are going to two tight end sets and you have to have a guy who's a very good blocker, number one. And number two, he's got very soft hands. He can go up there and catch the ball."

TE Joe Don Duncan;

"Already receiving an invite to the Senior Bowl, Duncan has been a hot name amongst evaluators since his sophomore year at Dixie State. He was forced out of the 2012 season due to a knee injury, but quickly regained his productive ability. Despite hailing from a relatively unknown division II school, Duncan has been able to both produce and impress athletically throughout his career.

Duncan is listed at 6’4, 270, and plays a mix of X-receiver, in an H-Back/slot role, and as an in-line tight end."

http://www.optimumscouting.com/scout-s-notes/articles/dixie-state-s-joe-don-duncan-why-he-s-unique-and-struggles-evaluating-small-school-to-nfl-transition.html

Ebron (TE only because he's not a WR...He won't be used like a traditional TE...Then again if he comes to Buffalo with Marrone and Hackett who knows...) or Watkins (though I assume he'll be gone) at #9 would be fine with me...Right now I like Ebron over Evans and Benjamin, though I reserve the right to change my mind... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS