The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

The Four Components Of An ACA (Obamacare) Health Plan:

1. High monthly premiums.

2. No out of network benefits.

3. High annual deductibles.

4. High copayments.

Go to a doctor. Submit a medical claim. Get no financial benefit. The for profit health care insurance companies get to keep your money.

"Change Idiots Fell For"

How would that be different under a plan your endorse? Be specific.

He did no such thing.

he stated that blacks would be better off enslaved than on govt assistance. you can argue semantics but it's indefensible to be apologists for this statement while simultaneously decrying cigarette taxation on the basis of freedom. i'm not surprised you don't see the irony.

he stated that blacks would be better off enslaved than on govt assistance. you can argue semantics but it's indefensible to be apologists for this statement while simultaneously decrying cigarette taxation on the basis of freedom. i'm not surprised you don't see the irony.

Again, he said no such thing.

You have to consider the source of that statement. I don't think anyone, at least not crazy, think Blacks were better off as Slaves than on the Government tit. I think that statement assumes every single black person in America in poor and downtrodden- that simple is not true. Perhaps Bundy is correct that being a ward to Government is undesirable and keep peopel down, but the other parts is, well, crazy.

You have to consider the source of that statement. I don't think anyone, at least not crazy, think Blacks were better off as Slaves than on the Government tit. I think that statement assumes every single black person in America in poor and downtrodden- that simple is not true. Perhaps Bundy is correct that being a ward to Government is undesirable and keep peopel down, but the other parts is, well, crazy.

He also didn't say that he thought blacks were better off under slavery.

This is what we mean when we use the phrase "going full gatorman."

i haven't seen a meaningful rebuttal. still waiting.

You made up your own interpretation of what he said, referenced semantics, and then complained no one is giving you a meaningful rebuttal.

Got it.

I look forward to the next John Adams' thread titled "birddog vs. the idiots" because too many people are responding to your moronic posts.

Edited by LABillzFan

i haven't seen a meaningful rebuttal. still waiting.

Here is what Cliven Bundy had to say:

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Please highlight for me where he says that slavery should be reinstituted, or where he stated that blacks were better off under slavery.

You are either deliberately lying or are ignorant of the facts. You should post the exact quote and then explain your reasoning.

"i'm wondering whether they were better off being slaves...". what part of that don't you understand? this has been argued to death in it's own thread here. and about half of the posters felt that his statement was overtly racist and condescending (now who knows what's best for someone else). the usual suspects here defended him. i brought up a similar point which went uncontested.

You made up your own interpretation of what he said, referenced semantics, and then complained no one is giving you a meaningful rebuttal.

Got it.

I look forward to the next John Adams' thread titled "birddog vs. the idiots" because too many people are responding to your moronic posts.

i look forward to you actually engaging in argument rather than your preferred tactic of insulting anyone that disagrees with you. Edited by birdog1960

"i'm wondering whether they were better off being slaves...". what part of that don't you understand? this has been argued to death in it's own thread here. and about half of the posters felt that his statement was overtly racist and condescending (now who knows what's best for someone else). the usual suspects here defended him. i brought up a similar point which went uncontested.

i look forward to you actually engaging in argument rather than your preferred tactic of insulting anyone that disagrees with you.

Disagrees with me? Please remind everyone what my opinion is on the Bundy story, and then point out how it disagrees with you?

Wait. Let me guess. It's semantics, right?

But it takes a special tool to hear someone say "I'm wondering whether they were better off being slaves..." and turning that into Bundy was calling for the re-institution of slavery.

Here is what Cliven Bundy had to say:

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Please highlight for me where he says that slavery should be reinstituted, or where he stated that blacks were better off under slavery.

disregarded my off topic, out of scope post.

Edited by B-Large

i look forward to you actually engaging in argument rather than your preferred tactic of insulting anyone that disagrees with you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/us/politics/rancher-proudly-breaks-the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

Continue reading the main story

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And
I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves,
picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Now look how your Huffington Post uses it's headline to subtly change things:

Cliven Bundy: Are Black People 'Better Off As Slaves' Than 'Under Government Subsidy?'

http://www.nytimes.c...n-the-west.html

375]“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

Continue reading the main story

375]“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And
I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves,
picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

375]
Now look how your Huffington Post uses it's headline to subtly change things:

375]

Cliven Bundy: Are Black People 'Better Off As Slaves' Than 'Under Government Subsidy?'

nothing needs to be subtly changesd cuz that's about as subtle as a brick. it's overtly racist referring to an entire race as "they" as if everyone black is identical and all are lazy and unprincipled.

but again, that's not the point here. the point is that you and the gang of merry men (who btw apparently feel entitled to rule the board - ie the gatorman thread) defend a statement like this while being appalled at taxation for public health reasons. it's ostensibly about freedom and liberty to you folks and not having others decide what's best for you. that holds as long as you're talking about yourself or someone that looks like you. it seems to stop when others are the object.

that holds as long as you're talking about yourself or someone that looks like you. it seems to stop when others are the object.

not only is that completely lacking any class whatsoever, I have to laugh at the way you make a sweeping generalization about people making generalizations. :lol: