Trick plays from Bills offense

I can't remember a single gadget play being run by the Bills this year (not counting Goodwin or Graham end arounds). Curious to know if any of you remember any, or if you remember any comments from Marrone or Hackett discussing their philosophy on using these.

I was expecting at least some, particularly in the later games, and was surprised to not see any.

I can't remember a single gadget play being run by the Bills this year (not counting Goodwin or Graham end arounds). Curious to know if any of you remember any, or if you remember any comments from Marrone or Hackett discussing their philosophy on using these.

I was expecting at least some, particularly in the later games, and was surprised to not see any.

The Bills teams of the 90s didn't use many either... end arounds were pretty much the only ones they used, being VERY effective with Andre.

The Bills teams of the 90s didn't use many either... end arounds were pretty much the only ones they used, being VERY effective with Andre.

gosh how much is Andre different then Graham or Goodwin? Not on the catching or hands or anything. Just on the elusiveness alone it is night and day. Vision was a big part of that. Andre was like a running back coming around the edge.

You're forgetting about the hand-off to CJ in the backfield and have him run to daylight. That was their favorite gadget play. But like most gaget plays - it didn't work very well most of the time.

Yea, I get your point. In a sense that is a gadget play because a lot of times it smelled of desperation.

gosh how much is Andre different then Graham or Goodwin? Not on the catching or hands or anything. Just on the elusiveness alone it is night and day. Vision was a big part of that. Andre was like a running back coming around the edge.

YES!!! Two thoughts pop into my head... one, the vision of Andre that allowed him to change direction and angle his body to avoid tackles, and the other Thurman doing the same on an outside screen. That's what made them special... an I think Goodwin has a lot more of that ability than Graham.