Jimmy Garoppolo - QB Eastern Illinois

Make that Eastern Illinois...sorry

I know….WHO?????

This kid has put some ridiculous numbers up in his last 2 years and reading what other coaches say about him, he is a QB that could be there in the 3rd/4th - higher if he crushes the combine etc. I know it's E. Illinois and they do not play Bama and Auburn, 5000 yards is still 5000 yards. It's his size, mechanics, accuracy and the fastest release in College Football that the scouts say make him an NFL-ready QB. Great attitude, film geek and tremendous leader seem to be things they say as well. There do not seem to be a lot of knocks on the guy.

Urban Meyer "one of the best quarterbacks I've ever seen''

http://articles.chic...ack-urban-meyer

I have not seen him play a down, have only read a bunch of articles and stats, just wanted to get his name out there and see what the collective comes up with on him.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but he's Italian...when's the last time an Italian QB was successful?? Testaverde?? (and before anyone calls for my head, I'm .534 % Italian and just bustin' balls)

There was an anonymous scout who seriously questioned whether Andy Dalton would be successful based on his having red hair.

His quote was (paraphrased), "We asked ourselves seriously, has there ever been a good red-haired quarterback?"

Heavy Italian population in Buffalo.....Russ? where are you.....this is marketing GOLD Russ.....GOLD I tell ya!

The kid could be the poster boy for LaNova pizza and Chef's sauce...gitter done. We culd even arrange to have Testaverde fly in for a few 8x10 glossies.

There was an anonymous scout who seriously questioned whether Andy Dalton would be successful based on his having red hair.

His quote was (paraphrased), "We asked ourselves seriously, has there ever been a good red-haired quarterback?"

Seriously?? That is even worse than someone questioning the nationality of a QB...I mean what does red hair have to do with anything??...other than his temper. :bag:

The kid could be the poster boy for LaNova pizza and Chef's sauce...gitter done. We culd even arrange to have Testaverde fly in for a few 8x10 glossies.

Seriously?? That is even worse than someone questioning the nationality of a QB...I mean what does red hair have to do with anything??...other than his temper. :bag:

A hot-headed Italian like yourself shouldn't be stereotyping others.

A hot-headed Italian like yourself shouldn't be stereotyping others.

I'm gonna get a Garoppolo jersey and wear it proudly...of course the other 99.46 of my Irish heritage will result in me passing out in an alley and some red haired punk will swipe it off my back.

Make that Eastern Illinois...sorry

I know….WHO?????

This kid has put some ridiculous numbers up in his last 2 years and reading what other coaches say about him, he is a QB that could be there in the 3rd/4th - higher if he crushes the combine etc. I know it's E. Illinois and they do not play Bama and Auburn, 5000 yards is still 5000 yards. It's his size, mechanics, accuracy and the fastest release in College Football that the scouts say make him an NFL-ready QB. Great attitude, film geek and tremendous leader seem to be things they say as well. There do not seem to be a lot of knocks on the guy.

Urban Meyer "one of the best quarterbacks I've ever seen''

http://articles.chic...ack-urban-meyer

I have not seen him play a down, have only read a bunch of articles and stats, just wanted to get his name out there and see what the collective comes up with on him.

Would be a GREAT addition is 3rd or 4th round. We need to either draft a QB who can play if needed and at least show EJ is he stinks it up to start yr 2, the leash wont be as long as if he had just Thad or Tuel. Thad did "ok" and is a guy i can see coming into the game like the Cleveland game and being able to hold onto the game. But if EJ were to miss 3-4 weeks straight again and now teams have tape on Thad we definitely NEED a upgrade at #2 QB.

Thad should win out in camp vs Tuel who is beyond useless, but either a mid round pick, maybe even Mccarron if he slips after some of the other guys ranked around him or above him cemented their ranking above him like Boyd, Johnny football, Teddy and Carr even though he wasnt super in his bowl game, he will be most like be a 1st rounder. I can see AJ slipping to 3rd or 4th and guys like Garoppolo being another name to look at. This is a very deep yr QB wise and once initial "run" on QB goes, teams ahead of us would have already taken their guy, so some solid 2nd round names may be out there in 3rd. This is not last with guys like Landry Jones, Nasib, Barkley etc.. slipping. This is whole diff level on QB;s this yr.

Either this, or signing a SOLID vet like a Mccown, who would come in willing as a 2nd stringer, cuz he knows, he practically won starting gig over Cutler, all it would take is EJ getting slight knee sprain AGAIN and miss 3 weeks, and if we went 2-1 wiht Mccown and he put up solid numbers, it would cause absolute pandomonium on the boards!! LOL

...but he's Italian...when's the last time an Italian QB was successful?? Testaverde?? (and before anyone calls for my head, I'm .534 % Italian and just bustin' balls)

There was a guy named Montana you might have heard of...and a guy named LaMonica...and one named Marino...and Flacco... Okay, I'm stopping now.

There was a guy named Montana you might have heard of...and a guy named LaMonica...and one named Marino...and Flacco... Okay, I'm stopping now.

And no one has brought up that other Italian from E Illinois?