Example of why we should not throw in the towel on Manuel... yet.

Coach55

See here is the problem. It isn't just the 8 games and one season....it is the concept that he never showed anything in college that warranted the belief that he could be a franchise QB. What the 8 games have done is just strengthen the concern that what you are seeing is more of the same of what he did at FSU but against real competition. Edited by Beerball

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very logical and I could see that happening. Few can make a good argument against BPA.

I'll make an argument against BPA: CJ Spiller.

He was lauded as BPA and therefore a good pick. I believe that a road grading O Lineman, a run stopping LB, a versatile DE, a big mean WR, a TE with good hands and reasonable speed are all much, much, much more useful than a waterbug back. That is true now, and that was true then. I was depressed about that pick then, and I stand by my belief that it was the wrong pick at the time. Chan got reasonable productivity out of him, but he was rarely the electric, game changing, multifaceted threat that everyone said he would be.

As far as backs are concerned, FJ is the prototype. Reasonable speed, good blocker, doesn't go down after the first hit, good hands. I hope that this year the Bills realize that they need to find his successor and it should be a priority in later rounds or as a UDFA.

PS. I am not optimistic about EJ, but it is too early to really know.

flashes of terrible interceptions all day long Brees was brutal to watch as a charger.

Have you ever thought that your perception of INTs might be a little biased?

Yes, his 1st 2 years playing for San Diego, Brees did throw a lot of picks. Then he had 2 years where he was very accurate indeed - especially 2004, 24 TD and 7 INTs.

I would welcome such brutality to watch in our Bills.