Sheldon Richardson named PFT's DROY

YoloinOhio

Sheldon Richardson is the winner. Kiko is second. Star is 3rd.

I agree with this order. While Kiko started the year on fire, he hit the rookie wall and tailed off as the year progressed. We talked about it on this board. At Week #10 the DROY would have been Kiko. However, Richardson continued to play very well and was even involved in the offense (Refrigerator-style), scoring a TD in Week 16 in their victory over the Dolphins.

We got ourselves an awesome player, but the DROY not should go to Sheldon Richardson....

Sheldon Richardson is the winner. Kiko is second. Star is 3rd.

Agree Sheldon Richardson deserves honor guy is a stud and has played well all year. However, voters may go for flash over substance so Kiko still has a good shot. I think with his drop in play in the 2nd half he should probably be #3 after Richardson and Lotulelei.

Its going to be interesting to see if this sways any AP votes away or towards Richardson. Kiko has been very humble throughout and Sheldon, well he does play for the Jests with Rex Ryan.

I can see some people on the fence being swayed toward Kiko or maybe there are younger voters that like the "swag."

It would have been better if Sheldon Richardson said he was the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Now that would have been chuckles in a good way.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Its going to be interesting to see if this sways any AP votes away or towards Richardson. Kiko has been very humble throughout and Sheldon, well he does play for the Jests with Rex Ryan.

I can see some people on the fence being swayed toward Kiko or maybe there are younger voters that like the "swag."

It would have been better if Sheldon Richardson said he was the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Now that would have been chuckles in a good way.

geno smith was the most offensive rookie of the year.

He is good, but I think it will go to Keenan Allen. Slow start but very strong finish.

Good choice. He was excellent during the Chargers run to the playoffs.

@ProFootballTalk

Cordarrelle Patterson is your NFC offensive rookie of the month http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nqA

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I thought Kiko's play fell off in the second half. He was never a difference maker. He was very competent however.

I'll go back and watch a lot of tapes this off season to make sure but I really think we changed our MO on defense to cause some chsnges

I think Kiko could've been more consistent at the OLB spot. If we can land Anthony Barr at 9 somehow then put him in the middle. Shayne Skov could be an option, as well.

Barr's biggest tool is his pass rushing ability, though, so it might be a waste to put him on the inside. But if he can translate the tendency to shed blockers from rushing the passer to stopping the runner than this defense would instantly be substantially better. I think a stud MLB would complete this defense.

don't forget Eddie Lacy. Dude was a stud in the 2nd half once he got healthy. He helped keep the Pack alive with Rodgers hurt.

I love Allen, but I think lacy has it locked up.

Edited by DStebb716