Sheldon Richardson named PFT's DROY

YoloinOhio

I think Kiko could've been more consistent at the OLB spot. If we can land Anthony Barr at 9 somehow then put him in the middle. Shayne Skov could be an option, as well.

Barr's biggest tool is his pass rushing ability, though, so it might be a waste to put him on the inside. But if he can translate the tendency to shed blockers from rushing the passer to stopping the runner than this defense would instantly be substantially better. I think a stud MLB would complete this defense.

I love Allen, but I think lacy has it locked up.

He does... just from PFT though. Not sure when the real one comes out from the NFL)

http://profootballta...ie-of-the-year/

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Kiko was the choice of one ESPN writer:

Bills LB Kiko Alonso was the team’s leading tackler and tied for the team lead in interceptions with four. He was also in the mind of ESPN writer Dan Graziano the best defensive rookie in 2013.

In handing out his NFL awards, Graziano named Alonso his Defensive Rookie of the Year. Here’s what he wrote about Buffalo’s linebacker.

Defensive Rookie of the Year

Kiko Alonso

Buffalo Bills

ANALYSIS

Sure, September was his best month. But just because the interceptions dried up doesn’t mean Alonso wasn’t a high-impact, fly-around-and-make-plays type of linebacker. A critical element to a better-than-you-think-it-was Bills defense, Alonso is a tackling monster in the Kuechly mold, and his athleticism should help him get better as he goes along. Runner-up: Sheldon Richardson. Honorable mentions: Tyrann Mathieu, Star Lotulelei.

Well it looks like the NFL thinks Kiko is the DROY

Here are the 5 finalists for the NFL's rookie of the year

I don't see Sheldon on the list.

2013 PEPSI NEXT NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR FINALISTS

Keenan Allen

Wide Receiver

San Diego Chargers

Kiko Alonsoicon-article-link.gif

Linebacker

Buffalo Bills

Giovani Bernard

Running Back

Cincinnati Bengals

Eddie Lacy

Running Back

Green Bay Packers

Cordarrelle Patterson

Wide Receiver

Minnesota Vikings

All the offensive players were just as streaky as KIko. Although Kiko was more consistent when he was getting sacks and turnovers.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Well it looks like the NFL thinks Kiko is the DROY

Here are the 5 finalists for the NFL's rookie of the year

I don't see Sheldon on the list.

2013 PEPSI NEXT NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR FINALISTS

Keenan Allen

Wide Receiver

San Diego Chargers

Kiko Alonsoicon-article-link.gif

Linebacker

Buffalo Bills

Giovani Bernard

Running Back

Cincinnati Bengals

Eddie Lacy

Running Back

Green Bay Packers

Cordarrelle Patterson

Wide Receiver

Minnesota Vikings

All the offensive players were just as streaky as KIko. Although Kiko was more consistent when he was getting sacks and turnovers.

don't they do the rookie of the year as one award one day, the next day the offensive rookie, defense, and so on?

Considering our talent at the defensive line, and our inability to consistently stop the run, it's not a surprise if Kiko doesn't win DROY.

I'm not at all upset about that, though. Kiko has proven he's at the very least a capable starter. Hopefully we can get another decent LB in there with him, though.

don't they do the rookie of the year as one award one day, the next day the offensive rookie, defense, and so on?

Don't know but if there is 1 Defensive player nominated for the overall ROY, then I would surmise they would be the DROY.

But who knows.